Author Topic: Fonghoulish VIII, Toad\'s Place, 10/27  (Read 23151 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Fonghoulish VIII, Toad\'s Place, 10/27
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44:49 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Seriously?

1st: what the fuck is that word???

2nd: it seems that way, he was a regualar visitor before Jordan left, voiced his issues about the band without Jordan, and we haven\'t seen him in a couple weeks atleast, which wouldn\'t be weird for some but is a little odd for the everydayer he was
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2006, 09:09:41 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
He dissed the band before he listen the the Breakfast as a trio and when he did finally give them a listen, he gave them no benefit of the doubt that it was the 3rd or 5th show with the lineup, maybe we\'ll see him again, maybe we won\'t.

yeah, that was kinda lame imo.  at least check them out LIVE before you rant that hard, wtf?!?!   hearing the Indy show recording won\'t do a whole lot for many folks...weird room, short show (dammit!!), still learning songs as they were out of the road and a new set-up.  but they hit some things and you could see the excitement...esp. after the blowout at 10K lakes!

the transition from Indy to Providence/Southbridge was 10-fold and I liked the Trio in Indy!! (just bummed that there was no crowd and we got shafted on that second set...grrrr.)  

The boys are pulling things together, and to discount that and not embrace the change is a choice, but a poor one.

i know a theme that it might be that would rock. :)

when do they usually annouce the theme?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:09:41 pm by sconnie4satan »
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2006, 09:16:45 pm »
Hey I am more than willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I have been a member on the terrapin board for years I used to post a lot now I lurk for a lot of reasons. doesn\'t mean I dont care or follow whats going on there.

Everyone deals with change differently. Its only been a month since Beardslee.

Now back to Freakout disscussion.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 09:24:39 pm »
Quote from: sconnie4satan
when do they usually annouce the theme?

last year it was very late, I\'m hoping it\'s earlier this year to give everyone a chance to plan accordingly
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2006, 10:31:04 pm »
The Theme: Three is the Magic Number

The Premise: the band plays their three sets...interspersed are covers of songs from famous trios (ie cream, jimi hendrix experience, nirvana, primus, zz top, green day, the police, ELP, rush, motorhead, maybe MMW or the new deal if you want to get nuts,  etc, etc, etc)

For the Fans: group costumes; dress up as your favorite trio (charlie\'s angels for the ladies, three stooges for the guys...you get the idea)

what say you?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:42:18 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2006, 10:42:36 pm »
Quote from: zuke583
For the Fans: group costumes; dress up as your favorite trio (charlie\'s angels for the ladies, three stooges for the guys...you get the idea)

i\'m either going as a $3 bill, or 3 sheets to the wind..

:sigh:

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 12:39:10 am »
I\'ve heard the three or trio thing brought up many times as a theme for the Freakout.  I just dont\' know how much the band is gonna wanna push the trio thing.  I think they are happy with it, but in the never ending search for a new keyboard player, such a move may be a public announcement that they are forever happy as a three piece, and they are def still searching, no matter how good it sounds now.  It makes it too official.  It\'s one thing for us the fans to refer to them as "the trio" or "the breakfast trio" and what not (no matter how much Dave hates it ;) ), but when the band does it, it becoems a public statement

but then again I can tend to be a blabbering idiot, so you can ignore most things I say........ continue
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:50:54 am by Me! »

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 02:11:05 am »
^ didn\'t think about it that way (re: a "statement" about being a 3-piece), but yeah...i heard the 3/trio type theme as well...
some great songs to be played with that theme, and some creative costuming too!
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 06:33:45 am »
how could you leave rush off of a list of power trio bands???? :slap:

Just put the request in, should not be a problem to get off for it :yay:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2006, 08:37:41 am »
Nice... finally a FF at Toad\'s Place!  PLEASE, no geeky ass themes this year (video games, STAR WARS, etc.).  Something cool, ala the Lebowski one, would be perfect.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 09:54:16 am »
ME- I see your point in having a trio theme as a public statement that they may be somewhat giving up on the whole searching for a new keyboardist but it still seems to me to be a good idea for a theme. I mean they have only been touring as a trio for a month or so now and I think it would be beneficial for them to do something like this to show those (Leith) who seem to have not taken the breakfast seriously  even before Jordan left the band.  It would definitely show the naysayers that The Breakfast are for a legitmate power trio whether they find a new keyboardist or not.  IMO it just seems that "3 is a Magic Number" theme is just the perfect theme for FF. I especially like the 3 sets idea as well.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 10:47:19 am »
I just feel like that would be them saying "we are a trio, now and forever"

don\'t get me wrong I think it\'s a great idea, witha lot of differetn directions to take it in, but.....

again though refer to former comment about blabbering idiot
(gotta cover my ass in case I\'m wrong :D )
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:57:50 am by Me! »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 11:01:43 am »
Quote from: Me!

i don\'t think so.. live in the now, man.. the fact is they ARE a 3-piece band right now, so why not roll with it? by next freakout, they could very well be a 4-piece again, so i think it\'d be a good thing for them to do for what they are right now.

but if they do this and don\'t play the theme to three\'s company, i\'m jumping ship.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 11:07:10 am »
Quote from: davepeck

i don\'t think so.. live in the now, man.. the fact is they ARE a 3-piece band right now, so why not roll with it? by next freakout, they could very well be a 4-piece again, so i think it\'d be a good thing for them to do for what they are right now.

but if they do this and don\'t play the theme to three\'s company, i\'m jumping ship.

Leith is holding a life preserver for you
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 11:08:43 am »

valid, as I said refer to blabbering idiot comment

:lol:  If it is I\'ll def go as Jack (John Ritter) who wants to be Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers  :lol:  just kidding