Author Topic: \'Trio\' Crap - Trey Rocks/Sucks (& everything in between) - Three is a Magic Number  (Read 7415 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
seriously folks - it\'s The Breakfast. simple as that. they just happen to be a 3-piece band now. they weren\'t called The Breakfast Quartet before, so why call them The Breakfast Trio now? there\'s no need to differentiate between the band as a 3/4-piece, because we know that Jordan\'s last show was 7/7/06. and if they end up getting a new member, we\'ll also know when his/her first show is! it\'s really that simple. no need to change the name of the band again!

"our little group has always been and always will until the end..."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 11:41:19 am by Jim Cobb »

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
I wholeheartedly second this notion regarding the Trio business. It\'s not like Pearl Jam changed its name to Pearl Jam Plus One or the Pearl Jam Sextet when it added Boom Gaspar as the keyboardist. And it\'s not as though our band was ever called the The Breakfast Quartet or PB4 (no relation to 90\'s movie CB4). They are what they are and have been since they OFFICIALLY changed their name two years ago. So yeah, let\'s call them as their name appears on the website, promotional material, and forthcoming album: THE BREAKFAST.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
Indubitably!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Nobody is trying to change the name of the band or anything.....
I personally have been using "The Trio" or "B\'fast Trio" as a coping mechanism to get through this transitional period.....

VIVA EL TRIO DE DESAYUNO!!!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Yeah Whatever.

The Breakfast have always been 4 guys not three. Three is a trio and as the message on Jambands.com said they plan on auditioning keyboard players and returning to performing as a four piece band.
So if one wants to refer to this version of the band as The Breakfast cool, if they want to refer to the band as The Bfast Trio, The Trio ,those 3 guys that shred shit up ,whatever cool, it is a PERSONAL decision.
If I am talking to someone that knows about the band I refer to them as The Trio if they do not I say The Breakfast but always mention they are playing as a trio until they find another keyboard player.

This thread is useless. Sorry Dave but that\'s how I feel.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
so they\'re a cover band. right? they\'re not The Breakfast, but they\'re playing all songs that The Breakfast wrote.. gotcha.

and what if they don\'t ever find a new keyboard player and decide to remain a 3-piece band? oh right, it won\'t matter cause you\'ll jump ship.

actually, we should just call them Trey... cause it\'s another word that means "three", and it\'s a much more awesome word... like deuce!

RadicalRich1138

i think the reason people call them the trio now, is because power trio\'s fucking rock!

jking

• thanks!!
trio is easier to type than the breakfast. lazy stoners of the world, unite and take over!

actually, i agree, dave. but, if they do bring on another keys player, then this period is rightfully described as the trio time. however, if not, then bfast isn\'t that hard to type, either...

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: davepeck
so they\'re a cover band. right? they\'re not The Breakfast, but they\'re playing all songs that The Breakfast wrote.. gotcha.

and what if they don\'t ever find a new keyboard player and decide to remain a 3-piece band? oh right, it won\'t matter cause you\'ll jump ship.

actually, we should just call them Trey... cause it\'s another word that means "three", and it\'s a much more awesome word... like deuce!

Never said they were not The Breakfast but they are a Trio right now and if they do decide to go at it as just a Trio and do not bring on a key player, you are right I will jump ship.

I am a fan of The Breakfast which to me needs 4 people.

I am not all about Tim playing both Keys and Guitar. It reeks of novelty and no matter what anyone says to me, I feel the less time his fingers have to play guitar strings, the more the band suffers. Plus the vocal element in my mind suffers way to much as a Trio. I will still be interested in the band but to me as a 3 piece thay are not the saviors of Rock and Roll they were.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Quote from: leith
Quote from: davepeck

Never said they were not The Breakfast but they are a Trio right now and if they do decide to go at it as just a Trio and do not bring on a key player, you are right I will jump ship.

I am a fan of The Breakfast which to me needs 4 people.

I am not all about Tim playing both Keys and Guitar. It reeks of novelty and no matter what anyone says to me, I feel the less time his fingers have to play guitar strings, the more the band suffers. Plus the vocal element in my mind suffers way to much as a Trio. I will still be interested in the band but to me as a 3 piece thay are not the saviors of Rock and Roll they were.

Leith i think your ignorant, first off how can you post such claims without even hearing what they have to offer and secondly your a bag of douche for dismissing these guys abilities to carry on without Jordan. ya, I\'m gonna miss Jordan\'s soulful beltings but this isn\'t a blues quartet it\'s a freak\'n ROCK band. From what i witnessed at the Corner Pocket (being there first show) and confirmed by 10K Lakes these guys WILL make it bigger and better and you can go tread water with the rest of the rats.

Peace
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Quote from: leith
I am not all about Tim playing both Keys and Guitar. It reeks of novelty and no matter what anyone says to me, I feel the less time his fingers have to play guitar strings, the more the band suffers.

I agree. I havent heard it but I think its LAME when a GUITAR player gets a keyboard to try to make up for lost keyboard fills. Reminds me of brothers past and when rezi lost thier keyboardist.

As for the trio stuff.......I dont have a problem with that....its not the breakfast anymore....the breakfast had four people....clarification is needed.

davepeck

• Administrator
Quote from: Klout
its not the breakfast anymore.

so you agree that tim, ron, and adrian are a cover band.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
I think this whole thing is fuckin stupid, Call em whatever you want, they\'re still gonna ROCK the shnot outta every venue they play, even if you call them "Dirty Uncle Harry the Molester\'s Jug Band"

BTW: Leith way to stick by the guys in a transition period.  That\'s all it took for you to jump ship?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
It\'s my understanding that The Breakfast are performing as 3 piece simply out of necessity (sp?).  What would have them do?  Sit around and cry that Jordan left?  Throw their arms in the air and wail "woe is us"?  Quit?!?!?

They are making do.  Which is what you do if you have any balls at all when faced with adversity.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.