Author Topic: Thom Yorke (Radiohead singer) new album out - The Eraser  (Read 439 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Thom Yorke (Radiohead singer) new album out - The Eraser
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:28:04 am »
yea, so I had no idea this exsisted. Just came out. I\'m sure there will be a .info friendly link soon :rolleyes2
Some writers and fans have taken to calling this album Kid B, the (obvious) implication that it\'s the companion piece to Radiohead\'s masterpiece of electronic rock.

:drool:

1. The Eraser  
2. Analyse  
3. The Clock  
4. Black Swan  
5. Skip Divided  
6. Atoms For Peace  
7. And It Rained All Night  
8. Harrowdown Hill  
9. Cymbal Rush  

Amazon.com
Some writers and fans have taken to calling this album Kid B, the (obvious) implication that it\'s the companion piece to Radiohead\'s masterpiece of electronic rock. And while The Eraser does compare favorably to that work, it\'s no longer ahead of its time, just simply of its time. We can\'t all be visionaries all the time, however, and it\'s understandable that Yorke wants to play with his computer more than he gets to with his rock and roll band. Looped bubbly bloops, sleight drones, and curious bleeps complement Yorke\'s distinctive vocals throughout. The album at times sounds like demo versions, as if they were an update of the way Pete Townshend used to do solo versions of all his songs for the Who. It\'s tough not to expect the rest of the band to come in and "complete" a particular song. But once you get used to the fact that this isn\'t going to happen, the album reveals itself as a delightful, occasionally brave work that\'s as playful as it is melancholic. --Mike McGonigal
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 08:09:02 am »
I saw an ad for this last week, thought about picking it up.....anybody have it yet?  how is it?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:16:04 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19
I saw an ad for this last week, thought about picking it up.....anybody have it yet?  how is it?

i listened to about half of it on my way home yesterday. overall, i like it so far. think kid a/amnesiac radiohead.. i was actually singing Packt Like Sardines... over one of the songs.. need to listen to it more, but as i said, so far so good.

pitchie has it and has listened to it quite a bit, from what i gather, so he\'ll be able to shed more light i\'m sure.

el linko:

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 03:58:32 pm »
I\'ve heard it a number of times and completely agree that it could be called Kid B based on it\'s similarity with Kid A and Amnesiac. I really like it so I might be willing to call it Kid B+.

I need to get a better grasp of the lyrics. For those who don\'t know, Thom Yorke had \'writer\'s block\' when Kid A was being written and came up with a lot of those lines from arranging refrigerator magnets. So I\'m eager to see how the lyrics on The Eraser compare to those on Kid A because, for the most part, the albums echo each other musically.