Author Topic: Press Release??  (Read 3990 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Press Release??
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:01:48 pm »
Just curious if there has been a press release yet concernign the whole Jordan thing.  If not will it be soon, or are we waiting for something?  Not trying to ruffle any feathers just curious....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Press Release??
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:02:45 pm »
it seems as if something official would make the whole proccess easier, esp. if jambase/jambands.com picked up on it, although they\'ve been hatin\' on those kidzzz from CT for sometime now....:inky:
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Press Release??
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:07:20 pm »
I thought I heard someone mention that the official statement was going to be made on 7/10/2006, Monday, but nothing never came about. It would be nice to have an official statement from the band or managment, someone. Or should be all just pretend that there was never a keyboard player?

My question is how long will the breakfast be advertsied a 4-piece. I mean they still use .org on many of their flyers/posters, Derick changes them for our promotion. The booking agent on .net is still Bret not Ira. Tighten up some of these minor loose ends and things would look a little better.

Not my concern though, just would be nice to have an official statement released.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Press Release??
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 06:03:50 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Or should be all just pretend that there was never a keyboard player?

what keyboard player? I\'ve seen some people sit in on horns before, but no keys.

;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Press Release??
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:19:31 pm »
i thought this had been posted... :confused:

THE BREAKFAST SEEKS NEW KEYBOARD PLAYER/VOCALIST

After 7.5 years without a lineup change, up and coming rock/jamband The Breakfast is seeking a new keyboard player/vocalist. Jordan Giangreco is leaving the band to pursue other interests.

"It is with deep regret that I have decided to leave my post as keyboard player for The Breakfast," Giangreco said.  "This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life.  For the past seven years I have experienced pure musical bliss that one can only dream about.  I feel fortunate and lucky to have played with three of the best musicians on the scene.  My experience with The Breakfast has been unforgettable, exciting, humbling and satisfying."

"I would like to thank The Breakfast fans for all their support through the years, and also to thank those who devoted their time and effort on the band\'s behalf," said Giangreco.

The Breakfast will solicit demos and hold auditions in order to find a replacement.  The band will fulfill their tour schedule and commitments, as well as any and all future shows and opportunities during this transition.  Submissions can be sent to:

The Breakfast
58 Bradley Ave. 2nd Floor
Hamden, CT. 06514

Inquiries can also be e-mailed to: tim@thebreakfast.org or ronwspears@sbcglobal.net.

Me!

• life got in the way
Press Release??
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:22:22 pm »
It may have been, you know how my memory is Dave....... :shrug:

if so where was that released to?  Jambase? Jambands?  Rolling Stone? Spin?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
Press Release??
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 06:26:04 pm »
perhaps it\'s a .info exclusive... :chin:

http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7583

Me!

• life got in the way
Press Release??
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 06:29:54 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
perhaps it\'s a .info exclusive... :chin:

That\'s what I\'m wondering...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:36:12 pm by Me! »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Press Release??
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 06:36:12 pm »
I just think it would be nice if there was an offical statement on .net. I would like to put something "official" up on myspace and remove Jordan\'s name from current band members.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Press Release??
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 06:40:34 pm »
I thought I heard someone mention that the official statement was going to be made on 7/10/2006, Monday, but nothing never came about. It would be nice to have an official statement from the band or managment, someone. Or should be all just pretend that there was never a keyboard player?

My question is how long will the breakfast be advertsied a 4-piece. I mean they still use .org on many of their flyers/posters, Derick changes them for our promotion. The booking agent on .net is still Bret not Ira. Tighten up some of these minor loose ends and things would look a little better.

Not my concern though, just would be nice to have an official statement released.

on the contrary, sir spacey, this is your concern. you work your butt off promoting the band and put your own money, time, and energy into efforts to furthur the success of this band. among many many many others.

and from what i can assume, the band pays a hefty sum to its management to take care of these "loose ends"..... which are *not* being maintained. period. no arguing about it. (see rocks off boat cruise thread, for example...)

mr. steffens seems to have an awful lot to say here on this board when rumors get tossed around/the band gets in "trouble" at a hotel, etc... but he has yet to respond to all these comments about the lack of care thats being taken in managing the band.

"mister simpson, your silence only incriminates you furthur. no, mister simpson, please, sit down! noooo! mister simpson!!!!!!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:50:48 pm by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Press Release??
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 07:07:32 pm »
I just assumed that the leaving of the original keyboardist would have been a priority for them. I mean it is a huge deal. The band is not the same, they are now a 3 peice and have to resolve the issues from being cut down by one member. Out of respect for Jordan who for the most part has given his best effort and toured with the band for nearly 8 years, I believe that more effort should have been put into Jordan\'s "last show" and they should have just made the 1000th his last "official" show, so he could have gone out in style not in front of 70 drunkards at an empty Beardslee.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Press Release??
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 07:23:23 pm »
spacey, i feel the exact same way... i expressed my analagous desire for a proper departure of jordan in the beardslee thread. i don\'t think it was too much to ask, especially since the band has known since (i believe) *january*! and it is the responsibility of the managament to say "hey, lets pick a date, make a statement, and stick to it", is it not??

i would have loved to send him off right, and professionally.  sometimes i feel like the band would be taken more seriously across the music scene if they acted like professionals....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Me!

• life got in the way
Press Release??
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 07:30:27 pm »
from what I\'ve been told the managment has their reasons for not announcing things earlier, I"m not trying to make excuses here but it seems like it cam down to business decisions and thinking about the rest of the summer

and on top of that, even those of us who knew were surprised to find out that Beardslee was Jordans last show, it seems to be something that people didnt\' think was going to happen immediatly, but things changed.....

BUT: that does not negate the fact that this has not been announced to the general public yet, it is BIG news within th eband and outlets within our "community" should be made aware, so they don\'t try and get into a "Psychedelic Breakfast" (which alot of people still think is the name of the band...) show w/o a keyboardist
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:30:27 pm by Me! »

Rujah

• team digest
Press Release??
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »
, so he could have gone out in style not in front of 70 drunkards at an empty Beardslee.

so there wasn\'t that many people at beardslee? i damn sure would of been had I been given proper notice it would be his last show. i had heard he would be departing but like everyone else who heard "things" i didnt think it would have been so quickly
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Branch

Press Release??
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 08:35:30 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
i thought this had been posted... :confused:

THE BREAKFAST SEEKS NEW KEYBOARD PLAYER/VOCALIST

After 7.5 years without a lineup change, up and coming rock/jamband The Breakfast is seeking a new keyboard player/vocalist. Jordan Giangreco is leaving the band to pursue other interests.

"It is with deep regret that I have decided to leave my post as keyboard player for The Breakfast," Giangreco said.  "This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life.  For the past seven years I have experienced pure musical bliss that one can only dream about.  I feel fortunate and lucky to have played with three of the best musicians on the scene.  My experience with The Breakfast has been unforgettable, exciting, humbling and satisfying."

"I would like to thank The Breakfast fans for all their support through the years, and also to thank those who devoted their time and effort on the band\'s behalf," said Giangreco.

The Breakfast will solicit demos and hold auditions in order to find a replacement.  The band will fulfill their tour schedule and commitments, as well as any and all future shows and opportunities during this transition.  Submissions can be sent to:

The Breakfast
58 Bradley Ave. 2nd Floor
Hamden, CT. 06514

Inquiries can also be e-mailed to: tim@thebreakfast.org or ronwspears@sbcglobal.net.

"It is with deep regret that I have decided to leave my post as keyboard player for The Breakfast," Giangreco said. "This is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life. For the past seven years I have experienced pure musical bliss that one can only dream about. I feel fortunate and lucky to have played with three of the best musicians on the scene. My experience with The Breakfast has been unforgettable, exciting, humbling and satisfying."

This was supposed to have been posted on thebreakfast.net, jambands.com, jambase.com, I didn\'t know that it was supposed to have been up on breakfast.info that\'s news to me. A while ago I did my part, by writing a statement of my leaving the band, and it was supposed to be out and wasn\'t.  This decision I made, was made a few months ago, and I kept it quiet b/c I didn\'t want the fans to go nuts and think the band would break up.  Obviously, they will continue as I will on another path.  Thanks to you all.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:35:30 pm by Branch »