Author Topic: So I\'m trying to quit smoking....  (Read 8023 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
So I\'m trying to quit smoking....
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2007, 04:52:27 pm »
start smoking crack
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2007, 05:25:23 pm »
ive always smoked then not smoked then smoked, week or month intervals.  i have been smoking more lately, but decied to stop again, its been a week.  whenever i get in the mode of not smoking seeing a cigarette or smelling it makes me gag, fucking gross, then a couple weeks later ill be smoking one.  for some reason when i see shows its like an excuse for me to smoke cigarettes, like a vaca

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2007, 05:44:29 pm »
I definitely am a weekend/show smoker, gives me something to do.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »
OK, I\'ve gotten through 3 days without smoking so far, and the urge isn\'t too bad... Chantix = a must, as well as lots of gum/candy.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

FYI, if you come over the house in the next week or two, expect to smoke outside... :lol: like I said, the urge isn\'t too bad, unless I have someone smoking right next to me & a large, sharpened knife to slash them with if I see them take a drag off of one of those tasty smokes. :banghead:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2007, 05:52:09 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;152278
OK, I\'ve gotten through 3 days without smoking so far, and the urge isn\'t too bad... Chantix = a must, as well as lots of gum/candy.  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

FYI, if you come over the house in the next week or two, expect to smoke outside... :lol: like I said, the urge isn\'t too bad, unless I have someone smoking right next to me & a large, sharpened knife to slash them with if I see them take a drag off of one of those tasty smokes. :banghead:

Right On Robyn!!:bancouch:3 days?!!Thats awsome! Keep it up.You have given me the idea to be inspired to maybe, possibly get rid of those grotty things myself.I hope I can one day.I really hate them,and I really love them.......
congragulations!
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2007, 07:02:31 pm »
:lol: thanks... :beerban: cheers to my new plan:

:hair:

Quote from: Spacey;146912
start smoking crack
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »
Good work Robyn. :D

I, personally, love smoking.

I\'m too unstable to be a non-smoker right now.
Masturbation in the MFA

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2007, 08:40:36 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;152278
Chantix = a must, as well as lots of gum/candy

yesterday was 3 months without any cig\'s............

i want to suggest chantix also, to anyone considering quitting, although it bothers me that i\'m supporting the u.s. pharmacutical industry, who in my view are the lowest of the low..............

the chantix will cost you around $140 a month and you should plan on taking it for at least 3 months..............no big deal when you figure what you\'re paying for cig\'s each month! my prescription drug plan paid zippo since quitting smoking is considered "elective" (why would my heath care provider want to help me quit smoking? silly me...........)

i quit smoking one time before, for two years, which is my basis of comparison for quitting with and without chantix

the shit works! made me a little light-headed too, which is always welcome

good luck to anyone trying to quit and try not to be an asshole ex-smoker (you know, folks who "can\'t even be in the same room" with smokers after they quit...........)

btw, anyone see a set list from syracuse 7/12? it\'s now SATURDAY 7/14 and there\'s no info on bdotinfo! (hmm, 7/14, good number, did i mention how much i used to love the u.s. pharmacutical industry?)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2007, 10:27:24 am »
Quote from: good4garry;152318
the chantix will cost you around $140 a month and you should plan on taking it for at least 3 months..............no big deal when you figure what you\'re paying for cig\'s each month! my prescription drug plan paid zippo since quitting smoking is considered "elective" (why would my heath care provider want to help me quit smoking? silly me...........)

I was lucky enough to pay only $25 for it - thankfully insurance covered most of it - :thumbsup::thumbsup:

the shit works! made me a little light-headed too, which is always welcome

:( All I got was nauseous so far during the first day. :shrug:

yesterday was 3 months without any cig\'s............

Good luck! :) Hopefully todd & I will be there soon... :awwyeah:

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2007, 11:28:46 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;152319
All I got was nauseous so far during the first day.

you\'re so right, and i didn\'t mention in my critique on chantix the occasional nausea (mostly in the morning)

don\'t take it on an empty stomach, for sure

good luck to us all!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2007, 04:24:29 pm »
had a big discussion about CHANTIX @ the hospital i\'m interning at today. I guess there have been some isolated case reports of increased psychotic episodes/hallucinations/aggression - especially associated with alcohol consumption for patients who have been taking CHANTIX. pretty scary stuff!

Sadly, when they perform preliminary clinical trials, these side effects occur in such a small amount of people that they aren\'t "clinically significant", or not even reported. It\'s only once the drugs are marketed on a large scale that they see these side effects appear. be careful folks!
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2007, 04:37:25 pm »
increased psychotic episodes/hallucinations/aggression... sounds like fun, why don\'t you grab me some free samples on your next rotation.

Actually, all those side effects come pretty standard with nicotine withdrawal, so you\'re saying that the pills do nothing.

Another miracle of modern science!!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2007, 04:46:02 pm »
its been since january 1st for jill and me! i smoked for 16 years at least a pack and a half a day. i did the patch for about a week, then cold turkey\'d the rest of it.

i still want one everyday...

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:14 pm »
lol right? i think vivid dreams/nausea are also drug "side effects".... and also nictoine withdrawal effects. interestingly, the labeling on the drug says that 18-month success rates following chantix therapy are in the 35% range.

but somehow they make a killing off this stuff. i mean it\'s literally FLYING off the shelves at my pharmacy alone. imagine the marketing nationwide....

pfizer should really investigate this side effect QUICKLY.... a massive drug recall/discontinuation is extremely expensive, but associated patient deaths are FAR more costly & detrimental to their name....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
i want to stop...
Postcount +1.