Author Topic: Quick Rooview  (Read 438 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Quick Rooview
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:45:05 pm »
Kind of a wierd year musically. Prolly the funnest over all though.

Radiohead- SUCKED BALLS!!!! Almost fell asleep about 5 times and think I did a few times. It might have been good on thursday at 4 pm but 8 pm saturday night it FUCKIN SUCKED. Worst downer at festival ever. hands down.

I am POSITIVE at least a dozen newbies ate ***, went to radiohead, then went back to thier tents and commited suicide because they were so bugged out and in such a miserable unfestive mood!

Trey and the Trio- Pretty good. Hit some some neat jams. Trey was VERY into it. He played as good as I have seen in a long time. It wasnt too mind blowing of a show but it has BIG potential. They all jam together really well. THe duo gets trey FIRED UP. Big time. Really looking forward to the ture!

Phil and Friends- A good show. Sounds a lot different this year like it does pretty much every year with the ever changing lineup. Scofields timing was a bit off at times I thought.

Damian Marley- Sweet

Toubob Krewe-  AWESOME! Deffinitly this years best band I had never heard of. Sounds kinda like a new wave santana/afro beat/reggae/world music. THey have all kind of cool homemade instruments that they ROCK OUT on. CHeck em out if u never heard of em.

Oysterhead- SUCKED. THey were rusty as hell and not raging at all. kind understandable tho since they havent played or even practiced prolly in 2 years or whatever. I left and went robert randolph who raged as usual.

SOulive- pretty weak left way

Cypress hill- sweet! put on a decent show

Tom Petty- pretty cool. The classics were highly enjoyable and well played. tom had good stage presence and talked to the audience a bunch but not too much which is a little thing but I rreally apreciated. He seemed real stoked and thankful to be there.

Bisco- SUCKED BALLS.  Its just waaaaaay too repetitive and predictable for me. I enjoyed a few of thier shows 4 or 5 years ago but every time I have seen them in recent years was just straight up LAME and this was no exception.

Blackalicious- SWEET!

Neville Brothers- SWEET!

Beck- LAME

mmw- lame

BELLAFLECK- SICK! On the main stage saturday afternoon. Greeat Bella show! Really ripped it up. Big highlight musically.

moe- meh.

Grace Potter- Amazing. Moving. Emotional. Powerful. Loved it. Probly the highlight of the weekend. Played twice. Once on big stage once on tiny strip down stage.

I think thats it.

Sick time overall. FLying home after is the shit.

oh and the weather was SICK!! best roo weather ever. it was mad hot but no rain and light humidity and cool nights.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 10:48:30 pm by Klout »

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Quick Rooview
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:30:37 am »

I guess Grace fell asleep at Radiohead too.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Quick Rooview
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:48:39 am »
I kinda in shock hearing some of those reviews but I do believe it. I haven\'t seen some of those bands in years and never really tracked their progress. I probably developed a liking to different music since then.

So is Gordo, Trey and the Duo officially dubbed G.R.A.B.?

I have heard from numerous sources that Grace Potter was the only highlight from the weekend. She really is turning some heads. She is going to do well.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.