Author Topic: Wii- Nintendo Next Gen  (Read 4432 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« on: June 01, 2006, 02:33:13 pm »

Nintendo Announces Wii Information, Worldwide Shipments

May 25, 2006

The company plans to ship 6 million systems to retailers around the world

Following its overwhelming debut at E3 2006, Nintendo has announced the current fiscal year unit shipment forecast for its new home game system, Wii. Nintendo also confirmed that the price of the Wii system, which incorporates unique freehand control, will not exceed $250 in America, or ¥25,000 in Japan. The company plans to ship 6 million systems to retailers around the world between its launch in the fourth quarter of 2006 and the end of its fiscal year on March 31, 2007.

The projections are part of a full-year financial forecast that sees growth of 18 percent in sales globally, based on anticipated continuing strong demand for the Nintendo DS portable game system, as well as a successful launch for Wii.

The company also said it expects to sell 17 million Wii games in the period. Exact launch dates, identification of the launch library of titles and details on the unique Virtual Console aspect of Wii will be announced soon.

considering the price of the PS3 ($350-$500) and the Xbox360 (~400), and the fact that the first game on this will be the new Zelda that I\'ve had on pre-order for over a year now, (it just keeps getting pushed back) I\'m really excited for this.  I was really nervous about this new controller when I first heard about it, but it sounds better and better.  And I think there\'s a regular controller option al well for some games....Anyway this should be cool....

more.......

Nintendo Introduces the Next Leap in Video Games

May 09, 2006

Bold, Disruptive Approach Attracts New Players, Expands the Industry

LOS ANGELES, May 9, 2006 – Anyone can tell you how video games look. Nintendo wants you to experience how they can feel.

Today Nintendo unveils the next leap in gaming by demonstrating its upcoming Wii home console, which lets users manipulate action on their television screens through the precise, life-like motion of the Wii Remote.

Continuing Nintendo\'s long tradition of developing highly innovative products that redefine the standards for the industry, Wii (pronounced "we") will allow players to "feel" games in a way never known before: the adrenaline of a tennis match, the thrill of making an airplane bank or the rush of gripping the wheel of a speeding truck. The control scheme is simple enough that everyone, no matter what their prior gaming experience, can use it with ease and will want to try it.

"Not only is Wii compelling to current game players, but it also will entice new players with new experiences," explains Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. "To expand the total number of game players, we must make our experience both friendlier and more compelling. With Wii, it is."

Iwata made his comments during Nintendo\'s annual media briefing in Los Angeles prior to the start of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) global video game trade show. Thanks to Nintendo\'s leadership in innovation, Wii will challenge conventional thinking and will be a disruptive element in the video game industry.

Players manipulate their games through the motion of the remote control-like Wii Remote, which also includes a built-in speaker. In a four-player tennis game shown during Nintendo\'s media briefing, the Wii Remote became a virtual tennis racket, from the vibration of the hit to the sound of the ball. The Wii Remote\'s sensors are delicate enough to enable players to hit straight, add slice or put top spin on the ball.

Depending on the game, the Wii Remote could be a weapon, a baseball bat or an airplane. The applications are limited only by imagination. The Nunchuk controller attachment also includes a motion sensor, a development that suggests additional creative possibilities for this dual control system: Games could involve the use of a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. Or a clamp and a scalpel. Or a pair of boxing gloves.

A new, immersive playing experience represents the most important factor to keep the industry healthy and growing. For more than a year, Nintendo has demonstrated living examples of how this strategy continues to work to the benefit of players, Nintendo and the marketplace. New interfaces can change the gaming landscape almost overnight, as evidenced by the success of the hand-held Nintendo DS system. To date, more than 16 million units have sold through to gamers of all types. Between now and the end of 2006, more than 100 new, envelope-pushing games will launch for the system to continue the tremendous momentum it enjoys worldwide.

Wii will be available in the fourth quarter of 2006 and priced affordably for the mass market. It will feature a very quick startup, silent operation and low power consumption. These elements make the "sleepless" WiiConnect24 experience possible. Users never need to turn it off. The combination of the new interface, including the Wii Remote, the Virtual Console and WiiConnect24 (which takes advantage of the console’s low power consumption) represents a true leap forward in gaming.

Games in development for the Wii console include a third chapter in the Metroid Prime series, a new Mario game and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Additionally, dozens of developers worldwide are working to bring new experiences to the Wii console. Nintendo will expand the gaming circle to as many types of people as possible, including lapsed gamers and people who have never played before.

Along with Wii Sports, which includes the tennis game, the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will launch at the same time as Wii and thrill gamers with its captivating storyline, stunning game play and gorgeous look. The game makes use of the unique Wii Remote functions for elements like fishing and special sword attacks. The game also will be playable on Nintendo GameCube, but without the widescreen format or special controller functions.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:30:41 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:31:32 pm »
If they can figure out a way to get Tekken 6 to work well with this, I\'m getting one.

XBOX360 doesn\'t impress me and who knows what\'s going on with PS3 ($600??)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:52:32 pm »
^^they\'re doing the PS3 like the XBox two versions one with I think a 20 gig hard drive and one with 60, one\'s gonna be ~400 and the other ~550 nto sure of specifics though.

The new PlayStation 3 (PS3) will hit Japanese stores on 11 November, with the US and Europe following less than a week later, Sony has announced.

The console will come in two versions starting at $499 in the US and 499 euros (£341) in Europe.

The system with a 20GB hard drive will cost $499 in the US, while a model with a 60GB drive will cost $599. European pricing is 499 and 599 euros respectively.

source
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:52:32 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:18:32 pm »
$250 is higher than I was hoping for but Nintendo looks like they did a great job. I love the commitment to making fun games, the backwards compatability, the crazy controller and the slim form.

just imagine these folks drunk
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:21:47 pm »
^^they already are aren\'t they? ;)

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:47:07 pm »
Nintendo responds to Wii release rumors
Flurry of prognostications doesn\'t deter Wii-maker from its course; company says big announcement now coming in September.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Jul 6, 2006 11:47 am PT
An avalanche of Wii news hit the Web yesterday, sending Nintendophiles into a frenzy. The topic was one of the most highly guarded secrets in the industry--the release date of the Wii.

Early in the morning, an article in (no joke) Sports Illustrated for Kids showed the release date of the console as November 6. Nintendo claimed the date was purely speculation by the magazine.

A few hours later, CNN/Money\'s Chris Morris revealed some info that he received while talking to analysts and industry insiders. Among the insights were that the Wii may already be in production, and that the console could launch as early as late September.

Nintendo\'s PR people were hard at work again today, and gave few clues as to whether any of the rumors are true. A spokesperson for the news service Bloomberg said, "There\'s no change in our plan to release the console in the last quarter of this year. We are planning an announcement in September and it may be causing some confusion."

Nintendo\'s reassurance that the console would launch in the fourth quarter does dispel the thought that the Wii could launch in late September, as the fourth quarter begins in October.

The choice of the words "in September" vary slightly from a previous statement from Nintendo, which said that the release date and price would be available by September. Nintendo fans, it sounds like the newswires may be a little quiet until then.

ChrisF

Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 04:20:33 pm »
i cant wait for the Wii and Wii-Zelda. i just found A Link To The Past/Four Swords for $8 and it came with another free game too.

The gamecube control pad kinda sucked for A Link To The Past because the analog stick was is not precise enough and the directional pad is so small, so i bought this one for gamecube.

its pretty much the best game pad ever. ive spent way too much time playing video games since i got it.

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »
I like the analog stick though, I couldn\'t be using a directional pad all day I\'d get old school "nintendo thumb"

I\'ve been waiting for this Zelda for way to fuckin long (I think I placed my preorder back in 5/05)  I\'ll probablyt play it on the Cube and then buy a Wii and play it again on that.

How is the Link to the past/4 swords?  it looked alittle to gameboyish to me

ChrisF

Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 04:42:24 pm »
Quote from: Me!
I like the analog stick though, I couldn\'t be using a directional pad all day I\'d get old school "nintendo thumb"

yeah, but you need it for old school games because the analog stick doesnt work well on games designed for the directional pad.

theres no need to worry about getting nintendo thumb on from the wii though.

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 12:37:43 pm »
Quote from: nintendo.com
Nintendo\'s Incomparable Wii Console Launches Nov. 19; MSRP $249.99

article

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05:29 pm »
looks neat.
Postcount +1.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 04:45:39 pm »
thread title should be Wii (super gamer geek content) ;)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 12:13:31 am »
It\'s gonna be all about The Nunchuk controller attachment !!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 04:02:54 am »
*yawn*
Masturbation in the MFA

Me!

• life got in the way
Wii- Nintendo Next Gen
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 12:30:09 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
*yawn*

so dont\' read it and dont\' post in it

blatant post count padding