Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-05-19 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 10086 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2006-05-19 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 10:43:58 am »
Quote from: postom
..walsh turns to me after looking at timmy and says "DAMN, i would TOTALLY fuck that guy." 5 minutes later, he turns back, "nah, i wouldn\'t fuck timmy.  cause i really want to fuck ron!"

"i have such a man crush"

:sadban: :yack2:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 10:50:18 am »
And somehow it managed to be one of the best shows I\'ve seen, in spite of time restraints, no groovy lights and some extra mysterious segues. Maybe the sick setlist had something to do with it, but the overall feel of the show was intense!

Future Peek IMO is a real jewel out of their new songs. I heard it once before, maybe twice not sure but it definitely didn\'t rock as hard as last night.

If Escher\'s was finished, I didn\'t notice. Good to see that again anyway.

They got Tricky Ways out of the way early on in the set so it didn\'t mess with my groove too much ;)

From then on out the 1st set proceeded to suck me in deep. Smoke break >> chug some booze in the car >> and I\'m back for:

II: Psygn > jam > Sundance, jam > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Rufus

Holy shit... right?! Psygn and Rufus were a little squeezed for time so those probably won\'t go down in history but SUNDANCE blew my mind, surrounded by a heady jam even better...

They pulled all the stops for Gladys Pimp and its been a long long time since I\'ve heard one that good. That song made me pull some funky dance moves right off the shelf. Epic.

thoroughly satisfied and well-fed for experience today :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bonzo

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 12:26:17 pm »
how was the energy of the people at the show?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 12:28:38 pm »
Quote from: bonzo
how was the energy of the people at the show?

par for the course for any new england breakfast show.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 01:30:12 pm »
Quote from:
well i guess you cant see em all but when i first read that setlist i was pissed that i missed last nights show. after hearing that it might look better on paper, i feel slightly better. I can\'t wait for june!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 02:03:41 pm »
don\'t believe the hype..;) . that was my favorite show since Syracuse in January!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 02:03:58 pm »
How was the turnout?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 02:22:36 pm »
Wasn\'t a big fan of the first set, esp the bugs segue

the Glady\'s was fuckin HOT though

best Future Peek I\'ve heard yet

Space City Affair > Rufus > Gravity > No Quarter > Gravity
^^NASTY!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:22:36 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 03:18:23 pm »
"bounce with me, bounce with me.." :bounce2: TPalms during jam b/f csr...
future peek is sounding better everytime I hear it..  great to see greg ellis raging it up front.. I liked the somehwat choppy feel of the show. good to see everyone of course.. until next time
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 04:20:36 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
How was the turnout?

it was alright, the crowd was pretty solid throughout the show, not much of a set break drop off. this was the first time i\'ve been here and my observations; this place should be packed with UMASS kids if i\'ve ever been to a show that should be. headie lot, decent prices for beers and security was basically nonexistant. major drawbacks: the bartenders were pretty bad, i could have done better and i have no short term memory. last call was 5-10 early and we got shut down on the encore. but honestly this place has some serious potential. i thought is was a good, fun show.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 04:45:05 pm »
It is a great venue, indeed.

Was it up or down stairs?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

peaches626

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 04:48:46 pm »
Quote from: derickw
How was the turnout?

it was alright, the crowd was pretty solid throughout the show, not much of a set break drop off. this was the first time i\'ve been here and my observations; this place should be packed with UMASS kids if i\'ve ever been to a show that should be. headie lot, decent prices for beers and security was basically nonexistant. major drawbacks: the bartenders were pretty bad, i could have done better and i have no short term memory. last call was 5-10 early and we got shut down on the encore. but honestly this place has some serious potential. i thought is was a good, fun show.

agreed..... at one point i gave a rough count and it was around a hundred... i believe that was late first set.......  
definitely when i walked in i felt a good vibe.... very nice show but hated the short second set and no encore..... no time to talk but my highlight was certainly the open faced gravity>no 1/4>gravity sandwich on rufus bread
wooooooooo!!!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:49:42 pm »
It is a great venue, indeed.

Was it up or down stairs?

I climbed some rediculous stairs so i guess it was in the upstairs
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 05:03:07 pm »
yeah, my tab turned out pretty cheap. Stupid me ended up tipping the waitress 20 bucks for three beers though... (duh it was already charged to the card I gave her)

moral of the story, don\'t make financial descisions right after a Breakfast hoe down

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 07:05:33 pm »
Quote from: derickw
major drawbacks: the bartenders were pretty bad, i could have done better and i have no short term memory.

:that:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon