Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-05-13 - Coda; New York, NY  (Read 15934 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2006-05-13 - Coda; New York, NY
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 12:01:49 am »
Quote from: obsession600
Quote from: Ren
however i don\'t think a single "glow-noodle" hitting jordan in the head can be called a brief war

I think Jim Cobb took a shot as well. OK instead of war how about "a series of strategic strikes."

i will vehemently deny those allogations.  you will never see me in possesion any glowy object, let alone flinging one at jordan.

this was an interesting show.  it made sense that they busted out most of the new tunes considering they\'re starting to record the new album today.  good things i\'m still on the fence about but this version really made me look foward to the album version.  the arrangement was really spot on, different than the more raw/straight foward versions i\'ve seen them play.  lots of pretty ladies at this show which was a nice change from the usual sausage fest we\'ve got goin on.  highlights:  definitly overexposure and a puppetry.

i couldn\'t expect too much as the last show i was at was the middle east, which was one of the best shows i\'ve ever been to.  it was definitly fun nonetheless.
Postcount +1.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:22:10 am »
I thought it was a decent venue, easy to get to, i found a parking spot a block away and eveyone else seem to be the same. security didn\'t bother me at all in and out walks around the block no problems. Jim the only reason the guy was pacing back and forth was because people where puff\'n down in the front row and he couldn\'t figure out who it was all night.

highlights for me STL and the Psygn (man i love this tune) to open the second set. i had a great night all around. thanks to the Shady Acres crew hope you guys got home safe.....
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 08:29:28 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
lots of pretty ladies at this show which was a nice change from the usual sausage fest we\'ve got goin on.

I noticed this also. I hope it starts a trend.
btw I meant that you got hit with a glowing object not that you were throwing it

Quote from: Wolfman
Some beefy security guy felt the need to pace back and forth across the length of the stage through the first two rows of people for the entire night

Security was freaking when they smelled a little bit of **** in the air. It looked like the green room was getting some ser surveillance most of second set.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 09:16:29 am »
^^ :lol: :that:  Some employee kept poking his head outta the bathroom & pushing people away from the entrance & he freaked me out when he handed me a paper towel after I washed my hands in the ladies room!  :hscratch: Couldn\'t they just keep a paper towel dispenser in there?! :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 09:36:22 am »
i thought the show rocked, as usual. but what the fuck is wrong w/ nyc? i don\'t get why ppl don\'t come out to bfast shows. maybe it was a number of factors: mother\'s day, pearl jam, disco biscuits in albany. i know that personally my friends used all three excuses. (the mom\'s day excuse, imo, is lame unless you\'re physically out of town, which happend to two of my ffriends.) nonetheless, the bfast rocked SO HARD! really great time.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 10:36:14 am »
People CAN NOT be at a show that they do not even know is going on.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:45:04 am »
had a lot of fun on sat

I thought the opening jam was fuckin great, perhaps even my highlight for the night, I always love a good things (GREAT Thing) L&TG>over, I agree with whoever comented about the crowed thining during this tune, it seems just cause it gets mellow, these guys can\'t win they\'re balls to the wall rock and they\'re to heavy, mellow and everyone leaves what can these guys do?
anyway though, I though L&TG actually was  a tiny bit more jammed out than usual, which was cool, I think this tune could actually be jammed out rather nicely, and over exposure was HOT per usual.  and I love me some honeybutta!! :biggrin:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 10:54:47 am »
The tapes (if there are any) will be great and will make the show seem better than it was.  

AFAIK, the show was not recorded..

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:30 am »
Quote from: davepeck
The tapes (if there are any) will be great and will make the show seem better than it was.  

FUCK!!!  Gabo didn\'t have any equipment??

oh and btw: what the fuck does AFAIK mean?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 10:58:44 am »
i saw a set of mics set up or were those there for the opening bands

there is a video though
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 10:59:12 am »
I: jam > Inner Glimpse, Future Peek > Attraction To Shade Ditty, See The Light > Puppetry, Good Things > Intension > Drum Solo, Doughboy

II: Psygn > Tricky Ways, The Late And The Great > Over Exposure > Superfly Phaddy Fat

E: Honey Butter

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

The opening jam was great! It definitely had some "Shakedown" feel to it and sounded like there was a quick tease before finishing out and heading into Inner Glimpse which got the crowd going and set the mood for the evening. Future Peek continues to become a much better song everytime they play it. Attraction is always nice to hear. The STL > Puppetry was extremely well played and the Puppetry jam is definitely worth listening to again. (I do believe I saw mics) I am not a huge fan of Good Things but it was nice to hear, had been a long time. It sounded really good and was great when they jammed in Intension which is when I began that the first set was over, followed by a nice unexpected Drum Solo before a routine Doughboy closed the set, which I thought was the show. There was word going around that if there wasn\'t 150 people paid that the band would only do 1 set. Luckily there was 2.

Per usual, I wouldn\'t be surprised if the 1st set was longer then the 2nd. However, this 2nd set was everything a 2nd set should be. Psygn was awesome and though I only heard the jam from outside, the word was "top-shelf". Tricky Ways was standard. The Late and The Great was the best I have heard, gave me new hope for the song. It was jammed out fantasically before heading into an Overexposure that was over the top. The highlight of the 2nd set if not the entire show. The Overexposure was played like it was suppose to be played. Hopefully a recording surfaces and you can all hear this. Then came a nice Superfly to end the show with a Honey Butter shout out in the Superfly part.

Honey Butter is well, Honey Butter.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 11:08:31 am »
Quote from: Me!

FUCK!!!  Gabo didn\'t have any equipment??

oh and btw: what the fuck does AFAIK mean?

i needed my JB3 for pearl jam (which i didn\'t end up using). didn\'t matter though, because my UA5 came back from tour broken, and i haven\'t had time to open it up yet.

AFAIK = as far as i know..

Quote from: derickw
i saw a set of mics set up or were those there for the opening bands

hopefully it was recorded and it surfaces.. if it was recorded, and no one knows who the taper was, and the taper keeps the recording to himself, that doesn\'t do anyone any good. ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:08:31 am by davepeck »

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 11:08:38 am »
my UA5 came back from tour broken,

That\'s shitty man hope it\'s fixable........
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:10:57 am by Me! »

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 11:11:46 am »
had a lot of fun at the show. sucks there wasn\'t a great turnout. the coda is a nice venue, but security is kinda weird. i enjoyed the show for the most part, wasn\'t the best breakfast show i\'ve seen. i\'m kind of relieved that there are other people out there who aren\'t huge fans of good things-i\'m not either. as much as i enjoy most of the new songs, i like hearing the old as well. see the light>puppetry was awesome. i loved hearing the original version of stl rather than the inverted. loved superfly and honeybutter at the end of the show. big thanks to walsh for driving into the city (if you call that driving ;)) and thanks for not leaving me there. shady acres went well-then again i fell asleep on the way back in a very uncomfortable position and when we got to the hotel i was in sleep mode/passed out.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:14:16 am by Mamalakabubadaya »

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 03:11:05 pm »
the taper left when the Breakfast started :(  i watched him pack up his gear.

Psygn was indeed TOPSHELF.  this venue rules.  play it many times again please.

Once the lights kicked in the show took on a new feel and gave the crowd (and maybe the band) a second wind

riiiiiiiiiight.  they did nothing.