Author Topic: Will someone please help Dobs create a Breakfast podcast ?  (Read 1446 times)

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
Will someone please help Dobs create a Breakfast podcast ?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 01:52:32 pm »
i just get on defensive people, i am far from close minded, if i like something i like it, if i dont like something i can give a shit. as of now i know shit about podcasts or even that bands use them. i only new it in the form of radio shows which none said so i stated it. your right i do have a limited view of the many uses of podcasts. i dont get it. i saw the "UM" thinking it meant "ummm...hello retard" not  the band so it threw me off, sorry for the shit. ?????????????
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 02:17:58 pm »
Quote from: crimsonknuckles
i just get on defensive people, i am far from close minded, if i like something i like it, if i dont like something i can give a shit. as of now i know shit about podcasts or even that bands use them. i only new it in the form of radio shows which none said so i stated it. your right i do have a limited view of the many uses of podcasts. i dont get it. i saw the "UM" thinking it meant "ummm...hello retard" not  the band so it threw me off, sorry for the shit. ?????????????

Cool. I was hesitant to use any band names because of exactly what happened.

Podcasts are actually pretty neat and just another way to get the music out. I know a few people myself included that have come across some cool new music due to having a "podcatcher\'.

It is about time The Breakfast started taking advantage of the same resources other bands are using such as this. Esp. when it seems to be a pretty cost effective way to promote the band.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 03:17:35 pm »
In the very limited amount of time i spoent looking at this stuff yesterday it occurs to me that the best use of the rss feeds for this band would be announcing show dates.

dave already has an rss feed for the setlists. I think it would be good if there was an rss feed for when shows are announced / added to calendar etc. not sure how that might get integrated with in .info but it should really come from .net IMHO. but either way is a start.

As for the audio / podcast it still gonna take having material. so it really comes down to whats done with it. It would be a great way to use blown taping opportunities. What i mean is a recording that might be really good but not a full show or only has 1 or 2 tracks that are usable etc. Also as Leith has mentioned, if the band has sound boards that they dont want released in full or are only semi-usable it is a great way to \'leak\' some tracks out.

I\'ll try and fudge something together tonight or tomorrow to get the delivery end worked out. But it all comes down to usable material.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 05:01:35 pm »
so who wants to send me a copy of this via aim, email, or regualr snail mail?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 11:14:31 am »
Ok. just wanted to give an update.

last night I was able to create the .rss file and an xml file for a podcast. I tested on my personal webspce.

The 1 thing I failed to consider was coding the viewable page. So this weekend i\'ll be trying to refresh my memory regarding php. Its been a while since I played with it last.

But its pretty staright forward. So I should have something live in the next few days that we can test.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 11:50:00 am »
great work man, thanks i can\'t wait
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-