Author Topic: Radiohead announce US Dates  (Read 2832 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Radiohead announce US Dates
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 03:43:13 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote
A singleness of purpose yields great results indeed.  I\'m impressed by the amount of shows alot of people on this board get to.

ditto......and I thought I went to alot of shows
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 04:21:38 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19
A singleness of purpose yields great results indeed.  I\'m impressed by the amount of shows alot of people on this board get to.

ditto......and I thought I went to alot of shows

don\'t worry someday you\'ll be that hardcore ;)
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 05:01:15 pm »
Pfffffft.  I\'m headin the wrong direction bro.  As a matter of fact I should change my screen to CorporateCoyote, WeaksauceSelloutCoyote, or CrankyMcStickintheMud (oooh I like that one). ;)
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 06:07:45 pm »
its not all its cracked up to be sometimes, most of the time yes but not all the time, well, maybe all of the time but only sometimes all of the time. its good though.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 06:33:40 am »
Quote from: Me!
damn dave you are a fuckin machine lately.

Is DavePeck infinately wealthy?

:lol: infinately in debt is more like it! :lol:

anyways...

Quote from: Radiohead: 06/05/06 - Bank of America Pavilion; Boston, MA
Setlist:

01 Climbing Up The Walls
02 Bangers \'n\' Mash
03 15 Step [Thom started early]
04 Morning Bell
05 Kid A
06 Fake Plastic Trees
07 Videotape
08 Bodysnatchers
09 Where I End And You Begin
10 Knives Out
11 There There
12 Nude
13 Just
14 Spooks
15 Idioteque
16 House of Cards
17 Planet Telex

Encore 1:
18 Like Spinning Plates
19 Arpeggi
20 No Surprises
21 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2:
22 The Tourist

fantastic show, though from the looks of the setlists, night one looks even better. no matter though, it was great. i really dug the new tunes too. highlights for me were the CUTW opener, the Planet Telex closer, There There, and Idioteque. wasn\'t big on ending with The Tourist, and i was really hoping for another song after it (considering it was only 10:50), but they were done, and the peck-sprint to the car was in full effect. managed to get right out, although we couldn\'t find 90 and just ended up getting on 93, but.. whatever..

wolfman was basically sitting in the same row as us in the next section over..

had a big time recording mishap last night. managed to smuggle all the gear in without a problem (no pat down whatsoever!), but while getting set up before radiohead came on, my damn Nomad wouldn\'t turn on! :mad: if it ain\'t one thing... i got over it pretty quick though, and enjoyed the hell out of the show. i\'m not too worried, since i\'m grabbing night 1 schoeps off dime right now.. though knowing my luck, i\'ll end up being the only would-be taper for last night.. :sigh:

slept about two and a half hours.. 45 minutes more sleep than i got after Pearl Jam night 1 Boston.. go tuesday!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 06:54:39 am »
Quote from: davepeck

Who\'s this "us" you speak of?  Cause I was 3 rows behind your wife, who you apparently don\'t sit with at shows.  (Actually, maybe you\'re on to something there...) When Li told me that you guys had seperate tickets it launched me into telling my buddy the story of how we left Li in the car for an entire Phish show when our foursome was 1 ticket short. rotfl  Good times.

The show was great.  Idioteque was my highlight, as it was at my first show 3 years ago.  Song translates fantastically live.  Climbing Up The Walls was a pretty ballsy opener I thought.  Not too rockin\', just a medium/mellow way to slide into action.  (Like The Breakfast opening with a mellow jam > Episode I, or Phish opening with Roggae.)  It may or may not have worked but it was certainly gutsy/not obvious.  This band does an incredible job of changing dynamics.  They can shift gears from hard stadium-rockers to ambient psychedelia to downright romantic ballads in the blink of an eye, and they have great tunes at all levels.  I really haven\'t seen or heard a band that could do this so well since Phish.  If Radiohead ever starting toying with some 8-12 minute jams they could romp over the jamband scene overnight.  Maybe they\'ll let loose at Bonnaroo, who knows.  But no need, their gig works as it is.  I wish we could see these guys more often.  Certainly one of the most interesting bands of our generation.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:14 am »
Quote from: Wolfman

Who\'s this "us" you speak of?  Cause I was 3 rows behind your wife, who you apparently don\'t sit with at shows.  (Actually, maybe you\'re on to something there...) When Li told me that you guys had seperate tickets it launched me into telling my buddy the story of how we left Li in the car for an entire Phish show when our foursome was 1 ticket short. rotfl  Good times.

yeah, we had separate seats, but i called her when i got to my seat and told her to come over when the show started since there was plenty of room where i was. so we spent the whole show together.. she told me where you were sitting, and she was the one that pointed you out when i came over to say hi..

after getting shut out for the NY shows looking for pairs of tickets, i went for single tickets for the boston show(s), to make sure i got in the door..

oh, and let me just say that it was a great thing to be able to stand in front of 2 TVs with a ton of boston people and watch the yankees take a 13-2 lead over the red sox before radiohead even took the stage! when the yanks went up 8-2 in the 2nd, people kept walking by and squinting, all saying the same thing - "is that an 8???". :lol: good times indeed.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 07:17:38 am »
you both suck. So does my friend Mike who went last night. wish I got tickets. :mad: Ah, I can\'t be mad though. Radiohead never seems to fail. I completely agree with wolf on radiohead jamming though. They would be one of the best band ever if they would just open up a little, a segway here and there...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 08:16:21 am »
where did you find the setlist for night 1?  I can\'t seem to find it anywhere.  I\'m hoping they come back for a full out tour later on this year after these small shows are over

same goes for Tool
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 08:22:01 am »
it\'s on atease:

Setlist:

01 There There
02 2+2=5
03 Lucky
04 15 Step
05 Arpeggi [Thom,\'If we didn\'t have any new songs we\'d be home now.\']
06 Kid A
07 Dollars And Cents
08 The National Anthem
09 Nude [Thom made us all say \'Hello\']
10 Videotape
11 Paranoid Android [Thom comments on Clear Channel & Cadillac]
12 Spooks
13 The Gloaming
14 House of Cards
15 Idioteque
16 Bangers \'N Mash
17 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1:
18 Airbag
19 Street Spirit
20 Bodysnatchers
21 Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 2:
22 4 Minute Warning
23 My Iron Lung
24 Karma Police [Someone throws socks on stage, Thom says,\'I was hoping they were bras\']

weekapaug19

• In the house
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 08:34:11 am »
wow....alot more older songs than I thought I\'d see

Any word on a new album?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 08:37:54 am »
not til next year..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 10:26:15 am »
oh man... :(

Quote from: taperssection.com
Whoa. I got everything in no problem but didn\'t bother running because my seat was all the way to the side and I knew someone else that had it. Then I get a call after the show that they didn\'t get it either.

did i call it or what?? man, i really hope someone else got it..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 07:24:45 pm »
oh man... :(

Quote from: taperssection.com
Whoa. I got everything in no problem but didn\'t bother running because my seat was all the way to the side and I knew someone else that had it. Then I get a call after the show that they didn\'t get it either.

did i call it or what?? man, i really hope someone else got it..

First night looks better on paper anyways.  Hook it up!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 08:20:40 pm »
well, looks like one taper did end up getting a successful pull of night 2. supposedly lossless is coming, but he has mp3\'s up here:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=91333

night 1 is up on dime here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=98721