Author Topic: Radiohead announce US Dates  (Read 2833 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Radiohead announce US Dates
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:57:52 pm »
RADIOHEAD ANNOUNCE U.S. DATES
June 1-30 U.S. shows to follow May 6-19 UK/Euro dates

Radiohead has announced a series of theatre dates in the U.S., beginning June 1 & 2 in Philadelphia and concluding with a pair of dates June 29 & 30 at Los Angeles\' Greek Theater.

Set lists for the shows will draw heavily on the newer material the band has been working on over the past months. The performances will take place in smaller than usual venues, and will feature appropriately scaled down staging and lighting design, creating a suitably intimate environment for the first ever airings of several new songs.

The low-key theater dates will punctuated by a June 17 headline stand at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tennessee, and will be preceded by similar dates in Europe and the UK followed by a run of UK/Europe festival dates including the already sold out V festival Aug. 19 & 20, with others TBA.

There are no plans for a Radiohead album release any time in 2006.

RADIOHEAD U.S. DATES & ON-SALES 2006:
June 1 & 2 - Philadelphia - Tower Theatre * ON SALE MAY 6
June 4 & 5 - Boston - Bank of America Pavilion * ON SALE MAY 6
June 7 & 8 - Toronto - Hummingbird Center * ON SALE MAY 6
June 10 & 11 - Montreal - Salle Wilred Pelletier at Places des Arts * ON SALE MAY 5
June 13 & 14 - New York - The Theatre at Madison Square Garden * ON SALE MAY 5
June 17 - BONNAROO
June 19 & 20 - Chicago - Auditorium Theatre * ON SALE MAY 6
June 23 & 24 - Berkeley - Greek Theater * ON SALE MAY 14
June 26 & 27 - San Diego - Bayside * ON SALE MAY 6
June 29 & 30 - Los Angeles - Greek Theater * ON SALE MAY 25

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:19:53 pm »
boston...why does it have to be a sunday and monday?????  don\'t they know people work early on weekdays!!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:47:52 pm »
no dc dates.... they still owe us for two shows they bailed on a few years ago.

and if y\'all go, make sure you get there on time! back in 03, we pulled in about an hour after doors opened (figuring we still had time before they hit the stage) and they were 3/4\'s of the way through their set. sucked big time!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 01:57:51 pm »
Sweet!  June 5th = day off for sure!

Chez Wolfman can be postgame headquarters after night 1 for anyone who wants to stay in Boston!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:57:51 pm by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:01:02 pm »
getting tickets will not be an enjoyable experience. i\'ll be trying for boston and NY though.. fingers crossed..

Wolfman

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:07:31 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
getting tickets will not be an enjoyable experience. i\'ll be trying for boston and NY though.. fingers crossed..

Yeah, I\'m like 0-for-44 lifetime in getting through for hard tickets to ANYTHING.  Of course I always end up in the show in the end, we all do, but Ticketmaster battles just aren\'t my forte.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:26:48 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

:that:

and
Yeah, I\'m like 0-for-44 lifetime in getting through for hard tickets to ANYTHING. Of course I always end up in the show in the end, we all do, but Ticketmaster battles just aren\'t my forte.

:that:

Good luck everyone! heres to saturday morning!! :D:D:D
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:16:42 am »
apparently there was a waste presale this morning around 6am.. tickets are long gone, with the exception of the san diego shows.. :mad:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:17 am »
As much as I like radiohead, I never joined the fan club. I kick myself every time they tour as a result. :banghead:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:39:24 am »
you don\'t need to be a member of anything for waste ticketing..

Wolfman

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:46:24 am »
Quote from: Wolfman

Yeah, I\'m like 0-for-44 lifetime in getting through for hard tickets to ANYTHING.  Of course I always end up in the show in the end, we all do, but Ticketmaster battles just aren\'t my forte.

Actually, I gotta give myself some credit.  I was very, very good at getting tickets when there were actual lines of people.  (Unfortunately those days are over!)  I was at least 6 for 6, and I know I never got shut out.  Made several 5am trips to the mall in high school for Phish and DMB tickets, was always at the front of the line which would be hundreds long come 10AM.  Then when they started doing the raffle-rearrangement thing, I would make sure to bring 4 or 5 people so that after they gave out the raffle tickets I would have our whole party trade numbers with people throughout the line so no matter what number ended up first, we couldn\'t be any worse than about 20th.  I was the only one rockin\' that trick.  Also pulled a huge move for Phish tickets one time by driving over an hour from Amherst to Southbridge past 4 other Ticketmaster outlets to go to a mom-and-pop video store that happened to have Ticketmaster rather than go to a mall.  There were only 20 people in line (four of whom were in our party), and 14 of them were there for Springsteen tickets that went on sale at the same time.  We did the raffle-swap trick, ended up 2nd in line, and were the only ones who got Phish tickets in that line because it sold out in 3 minutes.  (I felt really bad for the other Phish fans who got shut out while waiting for Springsteen fans to process their tickets!)  I wish they still had actual lines, they were fun!  

But as far as online and phone go, forget it, I\'m totally inept for some reason.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 03:00:47 pm »
I used to go to a head shop in meriden rather than the mall. Always had good luck there.

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 05:02:51 pm »
Nice......probably the only big concert I would be interested in attending at this time.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »
aw yeah! thanks for the heads up on the tix sale. totally would have missed it otherwise.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New York Goes On Sale Today/friday At 10am!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 07:01:19 am »
Boston dates go on sale saturday, new york dates today (friday)

Good luck!

Radiohead at MSG Theater, Tuesday June 13th

Radiohead at MSG Theater, Wednesday June 14th