Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-04-22 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA  (Read 15085 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-04-22 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 02:58:36 pm »
Quote from: Dyed_Tie
Devo\'s front row raging was some of the best I\'ve ever seen.  You definately earned those Ruffles!  And I\'m sure you\'ll have some great memories of the adorable little guy that was trying to get you out the door.  So cute.

oof.. i had completely forgotton about the ruffles.. :wah: thanks chris!

middle east staff = wild pack of assholes. :thumbsdow

Whathefunk

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 03:26:35 pm »
Highlights of the night:

Musically: Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Psygn > Cut Me Some Slack,

Hilarity: tie between:

The "Serhead" Moshpit during WPOAC

and

Quote from: Ren
i loved when the "staff" was sreaming at us to leave, rather angrily might i add, and every one for some reason started screming at the top of their lungs

great night all around......forgot how much i loved this band!!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 03:38:02 pm »
speechless
caress me, aunt jemima

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 03:43:56 pm »
:holyshit:
There are Breakfast shows, and then there are Crazy Freaky Serhead Uber-Rallies.  Tonight was one of those.  Unparalelled crowd energy.  Massive jams and lights.  Superb mix of new tunes, old classics, and the perfect cover.  My god, the trenches were crazy.  Props to the massive .info presence for lifting the show to level after face-melting level.  An absolute, no-doubt about it, smashing 10. :thumbsup:

The band smoked everything, but let\'s start the props for 1st set with your captain, Dave Pecoraro.  He wrote a brilliant setlist, combining three classic standbys (Eppy II, Cut Me Some Slack, WUIAC), two great newer but established tunes (Doughboy and No Regret) and two new songs (Psygn, Future Peek.)  Great mix and segue opportunities.  Opening with Eppy II, a song that is usually a closer, really sets a huge tone and opens the door for potential greatness.  If you ever saw Phish open a show with Antelope, Harry Hood, or Split Open And Melt etc. then you know what I mean.  Opening that big sets a precendent that must be topped all night.  If the band fails to keep the pace then the show will be a letdown, but if they keep stepping up from there as the Breakfast did last night then you\'re gonna have an epic on your hands.  Pec\'s setlist dared the band to come out charging and take it higher from there, and they answered the bell.

Second set was circa 2000 all the way up until Tricky Ways.  STL was monumental and left no doubt that this second set had truly unlimited potential.  LDZ>HDX was raging, but the mid-set Simpleton is when the .info trench brigade really floored it into the red.  Everyone was jumping, fist-pumping, screaming, hugging, and dancing like they fuckin meant it.  From Simpleton all the way through the "one more set" chant before and after the encore the whole place was coming apart at the seams.  Nice work people!  You could really see the effect everything was having on the casual fans in the crowd.  Not only were they getting way into it, but they all had that look on their face of knowing that they were not at just another show by some band they went to check out.  They knew that they had stumbled into something very different and very special.  You couldn\'t have been in there last night and not known it.  

On to the afterparty.  Thanks to everyone who came by!  A super-serhead gathering if there ever was one.  New York, New Hampshire, CT, Mass, and even California were all well represented.  The 5am guitar/sax jam was a huge highlight.  Galenas, sallyalli, Mia, Jule, postom, Todd, Freespirit, Peaches, Lexington, and ChrisF it was a treat to have you and your friends over.  And big ups to the headdy morning crew of mamlakabubadaya, princesscaspian, stevengencs, jim cobb, giavanna, Me!, and berzerker.  Also pre-show dinner was probably the most .infoers ever at one table, that was pretty cool!  

What an end to a 3-night run.  I am beyond wiped.  Thanks to everyone who was in Burlington on Thursday and Friday making that so amazing as well.  I love you guys.  See you soon!

-SW

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 03:56:14 pm »
amen brotha. 5 am sax jam was a perfect outtro to a grimey show followed by a traumatizing ride back to your place.  speaking of traumatizing rides home, i\'ve been locked out of my house/sleeping in my car since 730 am. talk about the perfect end to a perfect mini tour!

one more set!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 03:56:50 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 04:06:21 pm »
well, that sure does sound fun.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 04:16:23 pm »
Huge thanks to Igzi for sneeking me in! That woman at the door was a whore. Im happy she got owned at the end of the night...bitch. If i had missed this show i would have cried. Definatly an awesome time before during and after the show. Thanks to everyone. thanks to the band for an stellar 3 nights of music and good times. Last night was my favorite out of the 3, though little wing on 4/21 made me emotional. Damn, I love it here. :)

one, one stop light...muah ha ha
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 04:28:08 pm »
oh my god....so basically the last 3 days were BEAUTIFUL MADNESS!!!!  the band has kicked my ass: i\'m so dead tired and my body and brain hurts from crazy drunken raging but it was so worth it.  glad to finally meet the faces to the names that i see on the info board all the time!!  it was fucking excellent tearing the holiday inn a new one with everyone!!! :stoned: :beerban: :banflip:

last night was fucking OFF THE CHAIN- HOLY SHIT...i dont even have words to explain it, i kinda feel that way all the time after i see a show.  the rally at the end for the band to play another set + the mid east staff kicking people out was PRICELESS.  good way to end the 3 night run.  kinda wished i went to the afterparty but i think i would still be sleeping for another 48 hours, or maybe dead haha.

all in all, 3 nights of breakfast = success, and crunchy times.  :)
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

bonzo

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 04:52:33 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
Devo\'s front row raging was some of the best I\'ve ever seen.  You definately earned those Ruffles!  And I\'m sure you\'ll have some great memories of the adorable little guy that was trying to get you out the door.  So cute.

Middle east staff=:thumbsup:

Nectar\'s staff=:thumbsdow:

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 05:02:37 pm »
Quote from: bonzo
Quote from: davepeck

Middle east staff=:thumbsup:

Nectar\'s staff=:thumbsdow:

Middle east staff=HUGE :thumbsdow:
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 05:10:04 pm »
wowza

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 05:21:36 pm »
Quick question:  Wasn\'t that Wake Up in a Coma inverted?  At first I thought it was old school but then they played the phased out chord progression before going back into Mooboo\'s Voodoo, with extreme prejudice I might add.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2006, 05:26:55 pm »
Quick question:  Wasn\'t that Wake Up in a Coma inverted?  At first I thought it was old school but then they played the phased out chord progression before going back into Mooboo\'s Voodoo, with extreme prejudice I might add.

explained in http://thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?p=101149#post101149">this post.

bonzo

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2006, 05:45:27 pm »
i\'m not worthy :bowdown:

sallyalli why did you have to sneek in your of age to get in the show
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 06:41:32 pm by bonzo »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 08:00:13 pm »
wow, i cant wait to listen to this.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash