Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-04-21 - Nectar\'s; Burlington, VT  (Read 9393 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2006-04-21 - Nectar\'s; Burlington, VT
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
Last night\'s show was anything but weak... Actually, IMO, it was much better than the 4/20 show.

Can you read? ;)
 I said in comparison to 4/20.

Now take a look.

4/20:
 HLH (inverted which is rare)>D5
Escher\'s>Sundance(rare song AND inverted!)>Escher\'s>HLH>Sundance>Bugs!
and then a NEW SONG!
2nd set only had a TFA sandwich w/ Mommy and Merge oh and a Scheme

Now 4/21
Mayfly opener cool
Attraction> Intension always good.
A new song which is cool but everything else is fairly"normal" Breakfast fare other than the sit-ins which raged I\'m sure.

So setlist wise to ME it seems 4/20 was the shit and 4/21 was just the poop.
I would give alot to have been @ either one but all I have as of now are words on a screen. Once I hear the shows I may feel different but I rather doubt it.;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 02:41:47 pm »
4/20 looks better to me too ON PAPER

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 03:00:38 pm »
you cant leave out Gladys>Gravity leith, come on that shit ups the whole show, looks like the obvious highlight to me. i agree, 4/20 looks better on paper, but calling this show poop means youre poop.  ;)

wait, i just realized "poop" being used as inferiority, not a stinky mass of garbage from the \'ol asshole. i hear ya.

and hey, what about jam>Puppetry? i dont know, show looks hot to me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:05:28 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 03:21:26 pm »
Quote from: Gordo
you cant leave out Gladys>Gravity leith, come on that shit ups the whole show, looks like the obvious highlight to me. i agree, 4/20 looks better on paper, but calling this show poop means youre poop.  ;)

wait, i just realized "poop" being used as inferiority, not a stinky mass of garbage from the \'ol asshole. i hear ya.

and hey, what about jam>Puppetry? i dont know, show looks hot to me.
Guess this shows I am gettin\' a bit jaded huh? ;)
No Gladys>Gravity was probably hot but in recent setlists Gladys has been around. As for Puppetry well it is always good but again its been around.
I\'m just saying for me the Heavy Hitting show SEEMS to be 4/20.

and yeah poop was just the inferior of the shit.

:lol: We\'re debating shows we weren\'t even at or have heard. Talk abt geeks! :lol:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 03:28:29 pm »
crap.

: (hesgotapoint) :
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 04:29:50 pm »
Quote from: leith

:lol: We\'re debating shows we weren\'t even at or have heard. Talk abt geeks! :lol:

that is funny, both shows kick ass on paper. the only reason 4/21 makes me happy  is because of attraction. i love that song. it\'s fun debating over dumb shit.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 09:46:13 pm »
I think 4/20 was slightly better musically then the 4/21 show. However there was way more energy and a better turnout on 4/21. but the tribal>mommy>merge>tribal followed by, ladies and gents, a scheme, forgetaboutit. seth rips shit up. and the gladys>gravity was nasty as well as the super funky honeybutter! both nights in btown were SER.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 12:52:32 pm »
gladys was so intense...fun show

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 03:18:31 pm »
fantastic show. my first time at nectar\'s.. i really like the venue. terrific sound and lights - much better than upstairs at club met. the place was JP\'d, which is also excellent.

highlights for me - a monsterous ATSD, with jordan absolutely tearing it up.. the Puppetry was slower than normal, but was a really good version.. Gladys was HUGE.

the sit-in = awesome. Lizzy Reed was good, but Little Wing was where it was at. there is no other way to describe seth\'s guitar playing on the tune, other than screaming. his voice is incredible as well. didn\'t sound like he knew all the words, but it didn\'t matter.

Surreal Radio = great encore tune! :thumbsup:

Breakfastocrat

• Enter the Noid
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 03:23:55 pm »
Seth, Timmy, Little Wing! Awsome early weekend of Breakfast in Burlington. Both shows were sick. Tricky Ways=sweet new song. Peace

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »
ah, i meant to comment on Tricky Ways.. bluesy tune, and i like it.. really found myself getting into it last night.. definitely different for a breakfast tune, which may turn some people off, but i dig it.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2006, 03:47:28 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
ah, i meant to comment on Tricky Ways.. bluesy tune, and i like it.. really found myself getting into it last night.. definitely different for a breakfast tune, which may turn some people off, but i dig it.

it seems like one of those songs that will continue to get sicker each time they play it, since the one on  4/22 was notably more ragin than the 4/21
cool vibe, kinda like a crossroads or southbound.
i felt like 4/21 had some crazier jamming than 4/20, which had the sexier setlists. mayfly, ATSD, honey butter, gladys>gravity and the sit ins were intense. oh yea, surreal radio>taboo? outta control. talk about sending the crowd into the streets feelin good. taboo got people on the floor!
neither show can touch the middle east rager, imo
caress me, aunt jemima

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2006, 04:24:16 pm »
4/22 was also my favorite. I have never seen dave peck boogie down like that before. You were cutting up some rug...and stumbling a little ;)
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2006, 04:55:20 pm »
hahaha dave peck was totally --> "what seems to be the officer, problem?"

LITTLE WING and MEM OF LIZ REED- AAAHHH SO HOT

Quote from: Lexington
Quote from: davepeck

it seems like one of those songs that will continue to get sicker each time they play it, since the one on  4/22 was notably more ragin than the 4/21
cool vibe, kinda like a crossroads or southbound.
i felt like 4/21 had some crazier jamming than 4/20, which had the sexier setlists. mayfly, ATSD, honey butter, gladys>gravity and the sit ins were intense. oh yea, surreal radio>taboo? outta control. talk about sending the crowd into the streets feelin good. taboo got people on the floor!
neither show can touch the middle east rager, imo

i agree with above, each night got better and better.  the 3 nights were a glorious trifecta (even though i dont really know what a trifecta is... but it sounds good, no?)
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 06:38:24 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
Last night\'s show was anything but weak... Actually, IMO, it was much better than the 4/20 show.

:that:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon