Author Topic: Welcome The Maestro to thebreakfast.info...  (Read 5212 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Welcome The Maestro to thebreakfast.info...
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:10:36 pm »
hey The Maestro!

welcome to thebreakfast.info! glad you found the place!

a lot of people sign up and never post. don\'t be that guy/girl!! come on in and introduce yourself. we\'re really not a bad bunch of folks. ;)

hope to hear from you soon!

The Maestro

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:18:38 pm »
I was at the show last night at Temple Bar in Santa Monica. I\'m blown away, to put it mildly. I am wondering which CD is the best one to start with. Also, are these guys gonna get an opening slot possibly w/ a big name band? Totally original music. Hope they don\'t get pegged as a "jam" clone. Phenominal. They gotta get E.X.P.O.S.U.R.E!!!!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:20:53 pm »
Real Radio is the newest and the best so far.

Then Deuce for some of the heavy hitters.

Then Bona Fide for more heavy hitters and a prime example of what you experienced last night.

Then the first album, which is called Psychedelic Breakfast.

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:23:17 pm »
glad you had a good time, welcome to the Bfam
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 04:30:32 pm »
deuce is their best work,by far.
on a sidenote,theres only one maestro,and his name is donnie fucking greenleaved.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 04:33:58 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
Real Radio is the newest and the best so far.

Then Deuce for some of the heavy hitters.

Then Bona Fide for more heavy hitters and a prime example of what you experienced last night.

Then the first album, which is called Psychedelic Breakfast.

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!!

This is how I did it & it worked for me. Deuce is my fav. though.

Welcome!

The Maestro

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:35:45 pm »
The guy that brought me to the show had me thinking it was gonna be kinda like a Phish trip, or Grateful Dead. I just don\'t see that at all! If I had to categorize what I heard, which is pretty difficult, I\'d call it closer to Mahavishnu Orchestra/Zappa/I don\'t even know what. I mean, if you can cover Bowie AND ELP, you\'re covering a ton of ground musically, not to mention the original stuff, which I was hearing for the first time. Now, I\'m a HUUUUUUGE fan of King\'s X. They were supposed to be the "next big thing", but got derailed by getting pegged as a "Christian" band. Their music is also totally original and hard to categorize. I\'m not sure The Breakfast fits into the "Jam Band" label.........This is more like hard-core 70\'s-80\'s fusion/metal/I don\'t know what, then a Phish trip. Anyway, hope they can really get a big "push" to avoid what happened to King\'s X. Sure, there are a TON of jammers out there. These guys are different.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 04:39:50 pm »
Maestro, Welcome to the b\'fast Fam! Glad you had an experience last night. I am happy that someone has finally realized that the b\'fast are not your typical jam band, sure they jam but as you said,
Quote from: The Maestro
These guys are different.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 04:40:53 pm »
glad you see it, Maestro! help spread the word.. hopefully they\'ll be back in your neck of the woods before you know it. in the meantime, there\'s TONS of music to be heard, so check out Radio Joe (or lil\' Joe) and the http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210">archive.org thread and sample away...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 04:44:16 pm »
geeze, this is the first time you\'ve seen them? You sound like us old farts that have been here since the getgo. :P

oh yea, welcome to the board. You\'ll fit in fine. There\'s just 3 major things to remeber:
1. we\'re all sarcastic wise-asses and don\'t mean it.
2. ignore 90% of what freddiewah says. He knows his shit but will bust anyones balls, any time, any place, for any reason. He does mean it.
3. If you ever feel insulted in any way, revert back to #1.

:banana:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:46:56 pm by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 04:51:42 pm »
^^:lol: words to live by....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

The Maestro

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 04:55:12 pm »
No problem. I\'m a veteran over at http://www.kingsxonline.com , the home base of sarcastic wise-asses! If I sound like an old-timer, it\'s because I am. I\'ll be 46 next month!! My first concert was the California Jam, back in 1974, featuring Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson Lake & Palmer. That\'s why I was astounded by the music I heard last night. It took me back to the old days. Anyway, other current favorites of mine are Eric Johnson (B-fast also reminded me, just a tad, of EJ\'s original group The Electromagnets) and Uli Jon Roth. But I like everything from A-Z. Alice Cooper to Zappa.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 04:59:17 pm »
hey maestro!  great to have you here, i\'m glad you enjoyed yourself at the show.  i think you hit the nail on the head with the mahavishnu/zappa comment.
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 04:59:48 pm »
Quote from: The Maestro
I\'ll be 46 next month!!

:lol: don\'t worry, there\'s definitely a few guys around here who would love to be that young again!! COUGHtoddCOUGHduaneCOUGH

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 05:01:08 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
geeze, this is the first time you\'ve seen them? You sound like us old farts that have been here since the getgo. :P

oh yea, welcome to the board. You\'ll fit in fine. There\'s just 3 major things to remeber:
1. we\'re all sarcastic wise-asses and don\'t mean it.
2. ignore 90% of what freddiewah says. He knows his shit but will bust anyones balls, any time, any place, for any reason. He does mean it.
3. If you ever feel insulted in any way, revert back to #1.

:banana:

:insert dancin bannana:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set