Author Topic: so, my office started a poo pool....  (Read 2100 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
so, my office started a poo pool....
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:54:34 pm »
they know about my amaznig belly of uselessness and today we ordered mexican. now, whenever we get mexican, i always get really bland, dull food (unseasoned pork in a potato pancake) just to make sure that i don\'t give myself any problems.

well, today everyone wanted me to try some of their food. "come on, dude, you gotta try this! no, its not too spicy..." and i really mean everyone - the office manager, the boss man, the 63 year old receptionist, the trainees, everybody! i couldn\'t figure out what was going on, but i knew they were up to something.

well, not long after we finish eating and go out for our customary post-lunch smoke, i feel the rumble of discontent. grabbing the newspaper, i head out to the men\'s room. when i return, the whole office is sitting in the lobby, the boss man watchnig his watch.

"2:06 to 2:24" he says. now, i\'m confused, cause i can understand him getting a little irate that i took the paper in with me and spent a while, but there seemed to be no malice or disapproval.

"I WIN!!!" says the office manager, and money exchanges hands. i was starting to catch on.

"We decided on mexican and decided to feed you spicy stuff, just so we could run this poo pool! We\'ve thought about it before, but today i sent an email seeing if anyone wanted to play, and they all did!! So we did! Closest to exact time of entry and closest to total length of time. And I Won!!!!!"

after seeing the pool squares, i suddenly realized why the boss had asked me into his office for a seemingly meaningless, useless chat. he had the latest time block....

so, i\'m kind of honored and kind of embarassed, all at the same time. and i have a feelnig that this is not the end of this sort of behaviour!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:56:25 pm »
:wah:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:01:15 pm »
what kind of place do you work in?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 03:03:52 pm »
i work in a real estate closings office. if you buy a house or refinance a house,  you come to us to sign the paperwork. i do the post-closing stuff - sending out checks, dealing with old files, etc. so, a very high stress environment, but a small office with some really good senses of humor.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 03:05:36 pm »
next time wear some Depends and have someone put money down on you

:poopself:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 03:08:37 pm by derickw »
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 03:09:05 pm »
Quote from: derickw
next time wear some depends and have someone put money down for you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feet_Down

• Idoit
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 04:53:57 pm »
Quote from: jking
they know about my amaznig belly of uselessness and today we ordered mexican. now, whenever we get mexican, i always get really bland, dull food (unseasoned pork in a potato pancake) just to make sure that i don\'t give myself any problems.

well, today everyone wanted me to try some of their food. "come on, dude, you gotta try this! no, its not too spicy..." and i really mean everyone - the office manager, the boss man, the 63 year old receptionist, the trainees, everybody! i couldn\'t figure out what was going on, but i knew they were up to something.

well, not long after we finish eating and go out for our customary post-lunch smoke, i feel the rumble of discontent. grabbing the newspaper, i head out to the men\'s room. when i return, the whole office is sitting in the lobby, the boss man watchnig his watch.

"2:06 to 2:24" he says. now, i\'m confused, cause i can understand him getting a little irate that i took the paper in with me and spent a while, but there seemed to be no malice or disapproval.

"I WIN!!!" says the office manager, and money exchanges hands. i was starting to catch on.

"We decided on mexican and decided to feed you spicy stuff, just so we could run this poo pool! We\'ve thought about it before, but today i sent an email seeing if anyone wanted to play, and they all did!! So we did! Closest to exact time of entry and closest to total length of time. And I Won!!!!!"

after seeing the pool squares, i suddenly realized why the boss had asked me into his office for a seemingly meaningless, useless chat. he had the latest time block....

so, i\'m kind of honored and kind of embarassed, all at the same time. and i have a feelnig that this is not the end of this sort of behaviour!

Well that\'s a little odd, don\'t you think?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:01 pm »
I\'d say its really odd.

I try not to let anyone know about my bowel movements.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:18 pm »
nope. funny as hell? yes. but odd.... nah.

of course, i may not be the best litmus test for oddities.... :lol:

Feet_Down

• Idoit
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 04:56:23 pm »

Shitting yourself intentionally is not worth a few extra dollars.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 04:57:24 pm »
Quote from: Feet_Down

Shitting yourself intentionally is not worth a few extra dollars.

its worth the laugh though...

Feet_Down

• Idoit
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 04:59:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
its worth the laugh though...

I disagree.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 05:01:10 pm »
you\'re just not commited enough to the laugh, feet. ;)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 05:04:42 pm »
Sometimes the sacrafice you have to make is less than the reward but in the end, does it really matter, as long as their is the laugh.

Feet_Down

• Idoit
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 05:22:25 pm »
Quote from: jking
you\'re just not commited enough to the laugh, feet. ;)

I can honestly say that I am not ashamed to admit that I would not shit myself to make a group of office shmucks laugh.