Author Topic: Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED  (Read 16854 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 11:03:16 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s

This is why the band needs a tour manager. Someone who can crack the whip when the start acting like a bunch of girls.

and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

chooglincharley

• hosehead
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 11:38:17 am »
the winner of the tourney challenge becomes the new manager?
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

phishermanjohn

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
thanks for nothing last night.

-angry fan

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 11:57:27 am »
I hear you.

First off I have been talking this up for weeks and got several friends to go.  Then the venue changed so I had to scramble to make sure they all knew about that. Then last night I am on the phone calling them all, and was not able to reach everyone, so they probably went for nothing.

Sad thing is, they probably won\'t listen to me next time.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

chooglincharley

• hosehead
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 11:58:40 am »
Quote from: phishermanjohn

-angry fan

:moo:

hit up tonite
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

phishermanjohn

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 12:28:25 pm »
Its not feasible to drive all the way out to KS for a show.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 12:36:44 pm »
just a though, as I have no idea what transpired yesterday. But I\'m thinking this is a good idea to call off the/any show despite the venue. In an earlier post the venue said that the door charge was $5 with all proceeds going to the band. Maybe the band was unaware of this, and thought they were getting paid a set rate to play, but it turned out that the $5 a head was what they were playing for. That said, yea, its a dick move to turn down a gig because of money, but I woulda probably done the same thing if I thought I was getting paid $A amount of dollars per a contract (I know nothing of how this stuff works for the record) and it turned out I was getting paid $B amount of dollars where B is directly related to how many people paid at the door. Just my $.02
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 12:38:21 pm »
Quote from: phishermanjohn

-angry fan

zoinks!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 12:41:13 pm »
It should never be about the money. It should be about the love of the music. When it becomes about the money then all is lost.

With that being said, lets use the doozie figures from the night before, 26 people paid times $5 is $130. Not that great but it is better than nothing. However, the effort it takes to load and unload might not have been worth it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 12:48:49 pm »
lest we all forget this is a BUSINESS, yes we all have a great time and it\'s nice to dilude ourselves and think it\'s all about the vibe and what not, but these cats are in this to make a living. And all decisions are business decisions.............
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 12:49:56 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
It should never be about the money. It should be about the love of the music. When it becomes about the money then all is lost.

With that being said, lets use the doozie figures from the night before, 26 people paid times $5 is $130. Not that great but it is better than nothing. However, the effort it takes to load and unload might not have been worth it.

Very true, my friend. But $130 isn\'t even enough to get to the next show. While I agree with the never be about money part, these guys aren\'t what you would call wealthy though. Yea $130 will put gas in the van, but like you said, the physical effort to load/unload/play isn\'t worth the hassle, in my opinion. Like I said, I speculated, and am probably completely off. None of us will know until we hear it from someone\'s mouth who is in the van.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

phishermanjohn

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »
if it was about money, something is better than nothing, especially if they were already in town. They have played for less people in STL at Ciceros, heck the band even crashed at my house back when they came through.  Was super pumped to see them on the way back through STL when bam show is cancelled.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Me!
lest we all forget this is a BUSINESS, yes we all have a great time and it\'s nice to dilude ourselves and think it\'s all about the vibe and what not, but these cats are in this to make a living. And all decisions are business decisions.............

business can\'t grow on poor business decisions (see George Bush\'s prior business record)

ScottT

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 01:05:02 pm »
The club owner explicitly told me that there was a guaranteed fee for the band last night.  Cash from the door would have been gravy on top.

Again - I want to reiterate that I\'ve only heard one side of the story.  I taped the band last summer (10klf) and afterwards spoke with Tim and the soundguy (blanking on his name - sorry!).  Everyone seemed really cool and into it for thr music.  I\'m curious to know their motivation to skip a paying gig, esp. the 2nd night of a long tour.  You\'d think they could use every cent to get down the road.  It was certainly a let-down to their fans.  I fluffed this show to a lot of people, and got the local independent radio station to plug the gig and play some Breakfast on the air....

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2006, 01:07:55 pm »
Quote from: Me!

business can\'t grow on poor business decisions (see George Bush\'s prior business record)

All I am saying is this is a chance for you to gain fans. With the current fanbase at its present size, I\'d be doing anything I could to get fans. So, $130 isn\'t much, but now you drove to St. Louis only to leave empty-handed. Yesterday, we fucking applauded a doozie, and said it was an opportunity to gain fans, now today we support the cancellation of a show.

The venue would need to have a foot of horse manure to make me leave. Your life for the next month was to live in a van, live on the road and what the road gave back to you.

You reap what you sow.