Author Topic: Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED  (Read 16855 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Wed. 3/8 - St. Louis - CANCELLED
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 09:22:16 pm »
COUGHitswednesdayCOUGH
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 09:29:13 pm »
d\'oh! thanks ant!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 09:41:07 pm »
I heard it was canceled because the merch guy COUGHgavinCOUGH jumped out of the van.

MoeDown6Ownage

• IaintNOnewbie
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 10:17:08 pm »
aw shit....im from st louis and i called every single chill person i knew. i called my friends at K.U. so hopefully stl will represent tomarrow night. total bummer.............

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 11:01:47 pm »
I got a few messages on the myspace board that made it seem like the band backed out because they didn\'t like the venue or something. A couple of the people who were going to this show seemed really, really, really pissed at the band.

Does anyone from St.Louis know anything about the venue?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 11:04:22 pm »
well.... this doesnt sound too good. was there a bad weather or something. I would be pissed off too if the band back out of a gig, especially if I had been planning to go for months so I can sort of sympathize with those people.  hopefully the breakfast will stop in st. louis before heading back to CT.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 11:17:22 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
well.... this doesnt sound too good. was there a bad weather or something. I would be pissed off too if the band back out of a gig, especially if I had been planning to go for months so I can sort of sympathize with those people.  hopefully the breakfast will stop in st. louis before heading back to CT.

Im sure if that was the case that it was justified
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 11:19:37 pm »

ScottT

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 10:11:04 am »
I went down to the venue last night to tape The Breakfast.  I chatted with the owner of the bar at length.  He stated the band showed up in the afternoon and deemed the bar not worth playing.  He said they left without explicitly stating that the show was cancelled - just bailed...

It is a tiny room.  Maybe 100-150 people max.  No elevated stage, just a corner set up with a small PA.  Still, there were people who wanted some Breakfast and left with a bad taste.

I\'d like to hear from the band... always good to get both sides.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2006, 10:27:27 am »
I\'ve seen the guys play some really shitty venues on tour, places they def DID NOT want to play, but they do anyway, so until I hear from one of the 7 people in that van I\'m calling the shenanigans police on this one
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 10:34:51 am »
Quote from: Me!
I\'ve seen the guys play some really shitty venues on tour, places they def DID NOT want to play, but they do anyway, so until I hear from one of the 7 people in that van I\'m calling the shenanigans police on this one

I hate to say it but I heard from numerous sources that backs what ScottT just stated. I too would like to hear what had happened through the bands eyes. Because as Chris said they have played in shitty places, so this place had to have some feeling to it that made them decide "unworthy"

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:04 am »
no comment
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 10:51:18 am »
Having seen this guys play THE DYING ROOM several times, I\'d like to think it had something to do with inadequate space and/or inadequate power for sound.

Without jumping to conclusions (since I don\'t KNOW what happened), I can state that it would be a bullshit, bad business decision if the band bailed just because the place was a dive.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 10:55:52 am »
Just when you think things for the band are turning around something like this happens.

Its like they go out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot. They have played some really shitty places before so this place would have to be on the verge of collapsing and catching on fire for them not to play IMHO.

This is why the band needs a tour manager. Someone who can crack the whip when the start acting like a bunch of girls.

really sad.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:38 am »
I have full faith that the band wouldn\'t travel so long/far without wanting to play at each & every venue.  I\'m sure this decision was made for appropriate reasons, and not some dumb reason like they just wanted to chill (or go find Gavin back in Iowa...;) )
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]