Author Topic: Worst movie ever  (Read 9402 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Worst movie ever
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2006, 03:39:22 pm »
Quote from: Cori
Quote from: Gfunk
i was pissed after watching stephen king\'s IT. i wanted those four hours of my life back.

Yeah, what is it about movies made from Stephen King books being so freakin\' awful?  It, The Stand, Hearts in Atlantis, Secret Window, they all sucked and the books are way better.
:that:
also add
lawnmower man
maximum overdrive
Salems\' Lot
pet cemetary
[...]

only good SK book turned movies:
The Shinning
Carrie
Shawshank Redemption

Now, if you got the guy who did the lord of the rings series to tackle dark tower you may have something, but stephen has it that that can never be made into a movie, at least while he\'s alive. Some books just don\'t translate to film.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

chooglincharley

• hosehead
    • http://
Worst movie ever
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2006, 03:51:59 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk
i was pissed after watching stephen king\'s IT. i wanted those four hours of my life back.

kinda felt the same way after a Thin Red Line
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
Worst movie ever
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2006, 03:57:37 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa

Now, if you got the guy who did the lord of the rings series to tackle dark tower you may have something, but stephen has it that that can never be made into a movie, at least while he\'s alive. Some books just don\'t translate to film.

Peter Jackson could do it!!!  He can do anything, who would have thought that the Lord of the Rings would be so good.  I would love to see who they would get to play all the parts.  

I think the real problem with Stephen King movies is that most people are looking at the book thinking, well it\'s Stephen King so it has to make money right?  They dumb the whole thing down thinking that a movie-going audience can\'t handle a long movie with a developing plot.  The result is usually jerky and contrived.  Then people will go see the movie anyway because it is based on a Stephen King book. Less and less people like to read these days, so they watch the movie instead thinking that they got the important parts.  Then the producers slash the budget because they know that they already have an audience based on the fact it\'s a SK book.  

If somebody approaches his books trying to interpret them as best they can and lovingly nurture the screenplay until it blossoms into a well thought out movie, then you\'d have something.  Like the few good ones you mentioned.  

That\'s why I think Peter Jackson could do The Dark Tower, because it seems like he approaches every great work the correct way.  I can see why SK would want to wait until he\'s dead, then he won\'t have to see the possible tragedy that Hollywood may make.  Just my opinion though...
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad: