Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-02-25 - Premier Music Hall; Danbury, CT  (Read 14636 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-02-25 - Premier Music Hall; Danbury, CT
« on: February 26, 2006, 03:34:58 am »
I: Dig > No Regret > Dig > LDZ > Psygn > Love Lake, Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > No Glove No Love, jam* > Score*

II: jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot > Food For Thought** > Honey Butter > Food For Thought > Puppetry, Good Things > Buquebus > Night Of The Thumpasaurus Peoples

* with Fuzz on guitar.
** "February 1865 is the only month in recorded history to not have a full moon." (editor\'s note: this is false.)

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=6415">AKG 414 via BitTorrent | http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=6416">AKG 483 via archive.org
http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=13">VIDEO - jam > Score (with Fuzz on guitar)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 03:57:22 am »
great fuckin night thank you boys, thanks for the setlist dave........... more later..........
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:05:17 am »
wow that was a serious show! no regrets about making the haul tonight all by myself .. but now its 4:12 and I just got back == sleep

more to say tomorrow, i\'m sure ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:12:03 am »
I think the the Buquebus was unfinished.  they ran out of time to go back into it

Also someone told me that it was puppery>good things, but I didnt\' say that.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:16:27 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 09:10:58 am »
Quote from: davepeck
** (something about February of some year being the only month in history without a full moon ever (which is false)).

actually, that did happen several times throughout history. It\'s jus a corrolation of two blue moons , in both january and march:
Quote from: 1999
The year began with a full moon on New Year\'s day and we will have another full moon on the last day of January. Having two full moons during one month has come to be known as a "blue moon," because it has been thought to be so rare. "Once in a blue moon," is the old saying we all know. But it really isn\'t very rare.

Since the moon phase cycle is about 29.5 days long any month except February can occasionally have two full moons. In 1999 February has no full moon at all. Then we have another full moon to begin the month of March as well as one to end the month on. Wow! Two blue moons in just three months.

Each of the other months of the year has one full moon, becoming earlier each month until the one in December is on the 22nd, also the date of the winter solstice. And every month has 12 new moons. Thus, in total, we have 12 new moons and 13 full moons during the year 1999.
source

good catch timmy! :thumbsup:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 11:05:22 am »
so sad i missed this....
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 11:37:19 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: davepeck

** (something about February of some year being the only month in history without a full moon ever (which is false)).

actually, that did happen several times throughout history.

right. what tim said was false. he said that february of year XXXX was the only month in history without a full moon, but it has in fact happened several times:

Years in which February lacked a full moon are 1809, 1847, 1866, 1885, 1915, 1934, 1961, 1999, 2018, 2037, 2067, 2094

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/FullMoon.html

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 11:40:55 am »
That was a fine night of music. Church opened and I\'d never seen them before (though the dudes in the band look familiar, maybe I have?) and they were a pleasant surprise. I represent the liberal, sophisticated redneck, so I dig that shit ;)

Then Rolla came up, and I wasn\'t sure if they were going to be good until they busted out a nasty "Breathe" by Pink Floyd. After that their whole set was tight and it was clear they had some real talent. Said they were a new band? If so, look out for these guys once they actually get some practice!

Then Breakfast hit the stage and I wasted no time getting right up front and center. I remember looking back at the tables behind the floor and thinking more people need to get up off their seats--- maybe they don\'t know what\'s about to hit them?

Of course, as soon as I saw Tim pick up Adrian\'s Strat, I knew they\'d be gettin serious. (Tim this guitar suits your style best man!!)

Dig was a great song to open a show and get me loosened up and get my sea legs for the 6 or 7 surfers on acid (jager, malibu, coconut juice, yummm) the waiter had convinced me to drink earlier in the night. Then a split Dig > No Regret > Dig which I did, indeed, Dig, because having drove almost 3 hours by myself after my buddies stood me up to go night skiing, I was definitely in the "Living with no regret" mentality.

Next thing I remember was the Psygn which I enjoyed thoroughly. Love Lake!!! As if my night wasn\'t already made.... Swim at the love lake!

But the best part of the 1st set had to be the sick Score, dare I say the sickest Score of all time, with the special guest guitarist from Rolla. Y\'all gotta check this out when the audio becomes available.. it was a bona fide guitar duel between two serious shredders.

2nd set is where the boys bring home the bacon, and after that 1st one I was pumped. Cheers to the groovy chicks to the right and left of me, keepin\' my front and center zone a pleasant place to get down :D .. and Cheers to GFunk (nice to meet ya) -- it\'s nice to see people having as good a time as I do at these hoedowns!

Taboo or not Taboot called for my patented "stomping-in-place Taboot" dance. There is no way around it. One of the fine ladies to my left was showing off her kung-fu skills at this point... good stuff!

Food for Thought... hahahahaha. Why not stick a Honey Butter in the middle of that shit! Why not, indeed. Honey Butter isn\'t my favorite Breakfast song--yet-- but it grew on me a good bit last night.

PUPPETRY!!
GOOD THINGS!!
BUQUEBUS!!

Hey, if they wanna play sick versions of all three of the songs I was secretly hoping to hear last night, that\'s cool. By the time Buquebus hit I was burnin some serious calories. I think it wasn\'t finished though, like missing that last 2 minute ragin\' solo. It was still one of the best Buquebus I ever heard though. Maybe the best one I\'ve witnessed in person.

I don\'t really remember Night of the Thumpasaurus Peoples... I do believe that it occured though :D

Hot buttered tuna toast from start to finish!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 12:08:48 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen: Mr. Greg Ellis on Lights! Mr. Josh Dobson on Sound!

Oh yeah, and those guys up on stage too!

What a great trifecta for all three. I was very worried about the sound when I walked in and Chuch was playing, sounded very Websterish. Mr. D. took care of that, the sound up front was superb and consistent throughout. Greg showed his stuff with an excellent lighting system, way to go! And the boys did their stuff, per usual: Echidna\'s was just silly good, did I mention Love Lake? :awwyeah:

Great night, Premier Music Hall has a lot of potential IMO. Definitely needed more people last night, ugh the Danbury curse again.  Interesting side note: I met a guy who had never seen the Breakfast before, he was there because he heard them on Sirius, so pump up that Sirius airplay!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:31:53 pm by Mark »
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:02 pm »
Awesome that they played almost all the new material at one show, sucks to hear the Danbury curse is still prevelant :(

Fuck it, any night with a Thumpasarous is epic.. right?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17:06 pm »
I wasn\'t quite sure about Honeybutter, but last night sold me and then some.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 12:36:51 pm »
timmy wasnt playing adrains strat.
he was playing the strat he bought after somebody straight ganked his tele.
BUST OUT THE SG,GUY@!!!!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 01:35:32 pm »
PJ - where were you last night??

ok, first off - fuck toad\'s place. best venue in CT right here. holy shit. i was blown away by what was done with the old Colorado Brewing Company. amazing production - huge lights, huge sound, video screens.. the lights were absolutely fantastic. wow.

people really need to get over their fear of danbury. i\'m not sure what the official numbers were last night (i\'m actually thinking it\'s more than what people there would guess - i\'d say about 150), but you could have 300 people in this place and it would look dead. it\'s HUGE, and the board is about a mile away from the stage.. still, there should have been more people there last night. i don\'t get it. :idunno:

i\'m also gonna get this out of the way now, on February 26, 2006: best sit-in of 2006 happened last night. been waiting for Fuzz/Timmy for years, and we finally got it last night. completely worth the wait. hearing fuzz\'s tone shredding with tim\'s in the best score ever was mind blowing.. i was completely giddy during and after the song. mind-blowing.

ok. first set: very good, but short (~55 min.). Psygn jam was awesome, but as much as i love Love Lake, this segue kinda took some balls away from a really good Psygn jam. Echidna\'s was another highlight - MUCH better than the last one i saw (the SLOOOOW UAC version).. and of course, the aforementioned Score to close the set..

don\'t know if a setbreak should have happened last night. i\'m all for 2 set shows, but 9 times out of 10, there\'s a dropoff in attendance in between sets. this was the case last night as well, and like i said, the crowd was on the light side to begin with.

set 2 took a while to get going for me.. it wasn\'t until Honey Butter that i really felt things were getting started. HB is growing on me. the Puppetry was exceptional. very cool jamming in the middle.. can\'t get into Good Things, i just can\'t.. Queeb was on fire, per usual, and it was great to hear a Thump to close out the night. pretty sure the band was supposed to be off @ 1:30, but played until about 1:45, hence the lack of encore..

all in all, a fantastic time, and i really really really really really really pray that they will be playing there again..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 02:02:13 pm »
Does the venue have good food like CBC used to?  I\'m assuming they\'re not making beer on premisis anymore.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 02:06:53 pm »
apps, wraps, couple of desserts. bar fare.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19