Author Topic: From the producers of \'The Great Band Name Thread\': Rename the Tampa Bay Devil Rays  (Read 2425 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have told Major League Baseball they are considering a name change. Devil Rays president Matt Silverman said the team met a March 31 deadline to inform Major League Baseball it was considering the change. The Devil Rays have until May 31 to commit to a name change, which would take effect next season. -- St. Petersburg Times

go.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Tampa Bay fire sticks

the word "tampa" is an Indian word used to describe the area to eurpoeans when they first arrived.

They think the word tampa means "sticks of fire"

its pretty lame tho. they said sticks of fire probably is a reference to the many lightening stricks Tampa gets every year. but they already have a hockey team named the lightening

plagerized from wikipedia
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
The Tampa Bay Turd Burglars?
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
The Cuban Olympic Baseball team
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Just fold the organization. Who cares for the team?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Quote from: FrankZappa

now thats brillant!
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Quote from: kindm\'s
Quote from: FrankZappa

now thats brillant!

I\'m like George on Seinfield -  Good for one zinger a day, then I leave the meeting.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke