Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-02-18 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 15166 times)

tyzack

• http://
On Covers
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 01:44:46 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk
Fixed
: on a slightly unrelated note, hot for teacher is not that great a cover. they shoulda played some Zeppelin instead.

I don\'t know about Zeppelin, I would have loved to hear Peace Frog again.

It seems that their \'cross genre\' covers aren\'t their best. I didn\'t mind hot for teacher, it was about the same quality as their sweet leaf (black sabbath) cover from 1/16/05 at Crossroads.

All in all, it was a good show. Not a great show, imo, but a good one. I really dug rufus second set, along with the eps frist and Attraction to Shade Ditty.

Also, something I knoticed and would like y\'all opinion on:

Is it just me or did they drastically shorten bugs?el
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Setlist: 2006-02-18 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 01:56:49 pm »
bugs is always,and always has been pretty much the same...
i thought last night was smokin.
great crowd,10 short of a sellout..
right now,the breakfast=on fire
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 02:01:33 pm »

Dude, all i have to say is Moby Dick. Oh and also No Quarter. that is all.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 02:03:51 pm »
adrian/save side last night=the place to be

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2006, 02:34:56 pm »

Dude, all i have to say is Moby Dick. Oh and also No Quarter. that is all.

Who\'s No Quater?
[Zeppelin, or a cover of Tools cover]

...Locked in a place where no one gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes.

And as long as we are requesting covers, I\'ll throw one in for Morning Dew (the Grateful Dead\'s version)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 02:42:05 pm by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2006, 02:47:12 pm »
I don\'t thiink Mornng Dew would br a good cover for them.

I do love me some No Quarter though...
Masturbation in the MFA

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 02:48:05 pm »
a more upbeat gd tune would be better

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:37 pm »
wasnt there last night, so the balcony and downstairs had a good crowd? good to hear. gotta agree with the save/animal side of the stage is place to be at that place. Morning Dew...  :killself: :yack:
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 03:13:57 pm »
the balcony was open.
the crowd was diggin it.
i wasnt too happy with the encore.
i was hopin for attsd>pupp

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 03:15:08 pm »
Quote from:

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/estahwhaddup/bu2006052.jpg" border="0" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">

yo- ron WAS on fire last night, AND the show was FUCKING CRUNCHY!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 03:21:53 pm by estahwhaddup »
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 03:18:46 pm »
you musta been right by me.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2006, 03:27:05 pm »
i floated around a bit but the side of the stage was def where its at
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 03:29:23 pm »
i had on a black vest and black wool hat.
guinness in hand

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 03:34:52 pm »
Quote from: DocEllis70
wasnt there last night, so the balcony and downstairs had a good crowd? good to hear.

Good to hear the balcony was open, the last couple Breakfast shows I saw at The Iron Horse were played to a closed-off balcony.  Sounds like the Noho/Amherst fanbase is replenishing itself after losing a bunch of the original PB fans (2001 era) that have since graduated and moved from the area.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 03:57:49 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Episode 3 > GBFBITS > Episode 3 > Drunk Monk Bar > Episode 3

Guess I will finish posting what I started last night.

When we arrived the venue was not open. We went across the way to Packards to enjoy a beer before the show. While at Packards, I met bdfreetuna and his friend. Thanks again for the prizes. When I left Packards after my beer, I went to the venue and waited and one of the longer lines to see The Breakfast. I knew then that this show was going to be something.

I told a few people that this was going to be the show that propelled them into the right direction. Then the show began, almost on time and to a very packed house.

The Episode 3 sandwich was definitely the highlight of the evening. It was an excellant way to breakdown the "emoitions/feelings of Buquebus". Tim was working the crowd like no other last night with a lot of tension and release work from the get go. I said a few times, especially during GBFBITS that TPalms was shredding his axe. The night started out near perfect. The jam into No Regret was good, but the Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos with Me was awesome. Great playing by the entire band. From the beginning you could see Adrain pounding the skins with authority. The highlight of the 1st set is the Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me > The Chase. It is what I refer to a whiplash jam. The high power and energy eminating from the Gladys came almost to a complete stop on a dime before they slowly brought themselves into The Chase. I had just purchased a beer and thought I heard Tim say something about a Set Break?

Set break is perfect. I enjoy set break, it gives everyone a minute to catch a breathe, a smoke or talk to there friends. Either way, IMO, the band made great use of their time. Set break was short and sweet and then it was back to the show.

By this point in the night, I had basically seen the show from every spot in the venue. I thought the balcony was the best spot but my beer was down on the stage so I decided to hang out on the Save/Animal side a little longer. I\'m glad I did. I had given up all hope for Honey Butter after hearing it at the Webster on NYE. Glad I didn\'t shut the door on  it. Honey Butter was intense and has a lot more potential then I ever could imagine. There were a few parts that sounded as if they had more time they could expanded but then again a 30-minute Honey Butter during a short show wouldn\'t have been wise. I hate the VT Song but I must say in the last year they really did rework and the music to the song is better. Still a song I can do with out. So I went back up stairs to chat with some peeps before finding myself back down stairs with a beer behind the soundboard. Where I was standing next to Weekapaug19. Phaddy Boom Baddy went over really well. It has a perfect crowd interaction part, everyone knew the lyrics and sang. As Weekapaug19 turned to me after PBB and said they need to bust into Rufus, Mooboos, Scheme or something. And I agreed, they needed something big to wrap up this show. As I finished the boys hit the opening to Rufus and the place was nuts. As Oldnewbie said after this show, the Iron Horse is the house that Rufus built. They love to place Rufus in that place. The Drum Solo was great. Animal beat the skins like a drunken step father beats his new wifes kids when she is not around. How is arms didn\'t fall off after the show is beyond me. As Animal was ending the drum solo he brought the beat way way down before bringin it back up for Hot For Teacher. The way Animal kicked into Hot For Teacher was awesome. I hate Van Halen and don\'t really care for this song at all but it was nice for DerickW to finally get it after missing it in Syracuse. A cool tune for a mostly college crowd.

Ron\'s bass solo in the encore was strong and deep. He was simply on fire all night and it gave all the peeps in the crowd a nice farewell gift. Attraction is a different tune and I don\'t know how I feel about the lyrics but the music has a cool cartoonish feel to and I think it crossed into Bugs beautifully. Bugs is a comical tune and was a decent way to end the show.

The recap is this. The band took great advantage of the opportunity. After the Mills Street show was missed and this crowd built up to near sell-out there was only one thing to do and that was set fire to the building. The two set show, although short was just the boost needed. The entire band from the beginning was wild. Great work by Dobson and Ellis-D.

Not the best Breakfast show I have seen but it was definitely for some people there as I overheard a kid near the bathroom line say it was "the best Breakfast show he has ever seen". So, hopefully they made a few new friends that\'ll stick around for a little while.

All and all, this was a rocking show for your no so typical jamband.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.