Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-02-18 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 15175 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2006-02-18 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2006, 10:47:56 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?s=&mop=modload&file=index&name=Reviews">hey guys, don\'t let your long reviews get lost and forgotton in this thread...

Thanx Dave you saved me a bump of the We have a review section thread. LOL
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 11:03:17 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: davepeck
http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?s=&mop=modload&file=index&name=Reviews">hey guys, don\'t let your long reviews get lost and forgotton in this thread...

Thanx Dave you saved me a bump of the We have a review section thread. LOL

What the duece?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2006, 12:38:04 am »
here\'s another trippy pic for your viewing pleasures...i took a bunch but these were the only ones that turned out cool.  ron kind of looks like he\'s having an outer body experience in this one, and tim is all tangled up in it
ENJOY FRIENDS :)

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/estahwhaddup/bu2006053.jpg" border="0" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Tware

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2006, 02:48:01 am »
great show... upstairs or downstairs, the vibe was great... anyone know how long the second set was... felt sooo short

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2006, 08:54:33 am »
not much more I can say that hasnt been touched upon. But I will say one thing. I may never return to the Iron Horse after Saturday. Nothing to do with the sound, bar, etc. But I just don\'t feel safe in there with only one exit in and out of the place. Maybe I\'m just being a little skirt, but after witnessing the Station fire live on the news 3 years ago, I\'m just very skeptical about smaller places these days.

Oh, and also, two huge thumbs up to Ellis on the lights. A good light show, especially considering he had to do it in what looked to me like a very uncomfortable standing position.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2006, 10:37:09 am »
The bathroom situation kills me everytime.

Ellis looked really uncomfortable standing towards the bar but twisting to see the stage. He light up the Iron Horse in the second set whish was really nice.

Where is DerickW\'s pics? Todd\'s pics? Anyone\'s pics?

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2006, 10:55:54 am »
chill out kid. i\'m not as fast as those tapers. plus my comp. at home SUCKS.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2006, 11:06:55 am »
great show on sat., above average but nothing outstanding.  The lights during the second set were on.  Highlight of the night was that honeybutter, Glady\'s, or Rufus (not best ever rufus but was dam good).  Probably the best VT song i\'ve seen them play.  Hot for Teacher=worst cover ever....just play it instrumental and it would be much much better.  as for the encore, attraction was sick, but you can\'t play bugs for a last song, totally drained all the energy out of the place and left me leaving on kind of a sour note.

place was packed on sat night and sounded incredible.  great work agian with the sound and lights.  spacey, good hanging with ya during a good portion of the second set.  I found the best place to stand was right next to dobz on the corner of the little stair under the balcony so you could hear it clean and see above the crowd on the floor.  And can somebody explain what space city affair is to me?  every time I see them play it I just think it\'s a jam....please help!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2006, 12:01:51 pm »
Pretty kick-ass show, a lot of segues!  I love the way they used Eppy III to tie the other songs together.  It\'s like Eppy III is the base layer for the set but then they keep building additions on top of it.  Really good job with that.  They\'ve been getting more and more into using a song as the basis of a set and bouncing off of it over and over for other songs.  I don\'t think any other band is doing this to such an extent.  Solid selections coming down the stretch of set I with No Regret, Gladys, and The Chase.  One of the better first sets I can remember.    

Second set opened up fantastically with the best Honey Butter yet.  Honey Butter was SWEET!  (Loved the Butterfield shout out too!)  I like how everyone\'s comparing versions already, that\'s great.  But know this: The Breakfast really come around with their new originals around play #15-20.  If you think Honey Butter sounds good now, wait until June when they\'ve got 20 plays under their belt, then you\'re really in for heavy thunder.  This is one of the most exciting aspects of following The Breakfast.  When they come out with new tunes, and they sound awesome, the truth is that the tune ain\'t even half of what it\'s going to be.  

After the obligatory Amherst/Northampton Phaddy Boom Baddy and a very good Rufus > short drum solo, they closed with Hot For Teacher.  I\'ve got problems with this call.  First of all, second set closer is the showcase spot of the night.  You need to highlight one of your own tunes in this spot.  Van Halen doesn\'t need the props.  You need people to walk out saying "Holy smokes!  How about that [Taboo or Not Taboot] closer!"  Read all the reviews in this thread, nobody\'s getting finished off by Hot For Teacher.  Rather, they\'re talking about everything else in the show.  Secondly, Hot For Teacher can get tossed on the Born To Be Wild/Jumpin Jack Flash/Touch Me pile of cute rock songs that people smile at during the show and forget about 10 minutes later.  They have some purpose because a lot of people like hearing them, but they should only be used in the middle of the show to cuten up the set a bit.  If you have to close with a cover, it needs to be from the Echidna\'s Arf/No Quarter/Karn Evil 9 "holy shit!" pile and definitely not a 5-minute radio version of a song that any old bar band could play.  I also think Bugs is a very soft encore but Bugs has been my least favorite original for 5 years so if everyone else liked it then I\'m fine with it.

Overall a well structured and very well executed show.  The crowd was phenomenal as well.  Nothing like being back in Amherst/Northampton for a Breakfast show.  See you all soon!

P.S.  An incredible Breakfast show took place at the Iron Horse on 9/14/01.  It was 3 days after 9/11 and 2 days after the band got their van and ALL their gear stolen.  It was also the first western Mass show after the UMass Baker Quad show (the band\'s biggest show ever at the time) and it was so completely and utterly packed that a lot of people never got in.  A night to remember for sure.  Read the review here  http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewarticle&id=69
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:05:03 pm by Wolfman »

bonzo

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 09:59:55 am »
the honey butter they played was sick
[BANANA]Honey Butter[/BANANA]

oh yeah

[BANANA]Honey Butter[/BANANA]

Oh YEAH

Good Job With The Lights
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:08:36 am by bonzo »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2006, 02:40:53 pm »
I like Jordan\'s work in this show!!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »
^^^ :that: the synth sounds in _____________::that song in the 2nd set that I was too drunk to remember the name of:: were incredible!  

BTW, I have no problem with them playing "Hot for Teacher" (although I may be slightly biased!) It\'s a fun song & from what I saw, the crowd & band seemed to enjoy it...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:47:24 pm by FreeSpirit »
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2006, 05:33:36 pm »
^^^^^

the grand scheme of things ????   :confused:
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2006, 06:40:08 pm »
Jordan\'s work in the Chase = top of the game

Gladys > The Chase and Honney Butter are the highlights, don right incredible.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 12:18:56 pm »
I just uploaded my pics from this show. almost all caught up. Danbury pics to come later today
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-