Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY  (Read 12250 times)

bezerker

  • Gaboooooooo
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3993
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 12:57:25 pm »
Protected by a wall of green
Remoteness that you have never seen
Isolate that year was great to vent
Your soul clean, venting your soul clean
venting your soul clean, at this Love Lake



this section of the song was not recited at the knit.  hmmmmmm
*Gia*

bonzo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 476
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 02:37:02 pm »
o ya

Whineberg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 301
    • http://
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2006, 03:05:17 pm »
Great show all around. Best New York show in a while. I agree Jordan sounded great, as did the whole band. Dobson and Ellis both did a great job. That room never sounded that good before.

bezerker

  • Gaboooooooo
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3993
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2006, 03:22:12 pm »
the wake up in a coma definitely had the old/ new inversion didn\'t it dave ??
*Gia*

davepeck

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 14106
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2006, 03:32:32 pm »
Quote from: bezerker
the wake up in a coma definitely had the old/ new inversion didn\'t it dave ??


it sure did..

i posed the question to tim last week, asking if it would be played that way from now on (making it a new version).. i had to explain to him what the versions were exactly - that the old version was the fast one (at the beginning), and the new one was the slow, floydish one (now the ending).. he said he wasn\'t sure, and that they just mold it to whatever fits from show to show...

derickw

  • Drunken Garbage Can
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6658
    • http://
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 04:52:11 pm »
I just posted some pics from the night
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 05:19:11 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Bezerker found me just as Buquebus ended and whispered "Better than the Puppet House?" to me, in which I replied, "Definitely". However, like Walsh stated, I want to hear this one again before "officially" labeling the best to date but this Buquebus definitely had a unique sound.


Unique sound is right! My god the tribal drumming ambient jam was blowing my mind listening to it on disc. In person must have been ..... Then the chaos after that w/ Jordan playing ripping space sounds and the beat just getting faster. whoooo!

I do believe if there is a challenger list to go against Puppet House I would rank this the number one contender just ahead of Madison 11/11/05.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 10:43:13 pm »
Oh and Jim seeing your pic w/ the guys and having heard you playing w/ them it is confirmed in my mind you were born to be on the stage melting faces!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 01:40:35 am »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Spacey
Bezerker found me just as Buquebus ended and whispered "Better than the Puppet House?" to me, in which I replied, "Definitely". However, like Walsh stated, I want to hear this one again before "officially" labeling the best to date but this Buquebus definitely had a unique sound.


Unique sound is right! My god the tribal drumming ambient jam was blowing my mind listening to it on disc. In person must have been ..... Then the chaos after that w/ Jordan playing ripping space sounds and the beat just getting faster. whoooo!

I do believe if there is a challenger list to go against Puppet House I would rank this the number one contender just ahead of Madison 11/11/05.


great to see Madison Buquebus love.. i choose to keep my mouth shut because im basically 1 out of 1 frequent (well was for awhile) posters from that show.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Jim Cobb

  • RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4077
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 10:08:37 am »
Quote from: leith
Oh and Jim seeing your pic w/ the guys and having heard you playing w/ them it is confirmed in my mind you were born to be on the stage melting faces!

thanks leith, i should hope thats what i\'ve been born to do, cuz i can\'t do much else... haha...
Postcount +1.

bdfreetuna

  • Team Gladys
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4586
Setlist: 2006-02-04 - Knitting Factory; New York, NY
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
2005-11-11 Buquebus is definitely among the best... I think there might have been one I liked better but I can\'t seem to dig it up at the moment. Maybe it was this one hehe.

2nd vote goes to 2002-04-20 (CLASSIC SER PB), this whole show is off the old school hook.

2006-02-04 Buquebus didn\'t really stand out for me. But I wasn\'t at the show so I didn\'t get to witness it in person ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising