Author Topic: ***Biscuit Dates***  (Read 2415 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 06:36:03 pm »
Their past drug use has disrupted their respective careers.....  I\'m not a fan of musicians who let their drug use get in the way of their art.  First Brownie left the band in 00 for """""""repetitive stress disorder"""""", then Barber had his NUMEROUS incidents, they spent their dire years playing sub par sporatic gigs. Not only that but they have denounced their fans own drug usage publicly.....which makes them HUGE fucking hypocrties.  I hope they TURN it around. I dlded the Chitown show, I\'ll burn it tonight and give it a listen.  It\'s not like I\'m some random ass hole throwing out stereotypes Walsh, I used to be a HUGE Bisco fan 99-02....  Doesn\'t mean I wont buy the new live album and dvd though!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 11:42:23 am »
Oh you are right Joe, the fact that Sammy was in school getting ready for Med School had NO effect on the sporadic gigs it was ALL drugs...thanks for the insight.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 01:50:35 pm »
Um, not in 00 or when Barber had his Lorazepan adventures, or when he broke his hand.  If they were serious about their careers they would\'ve booted Sammy out of the band the second he realized he wanted to play Doogie Howser.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

WALSH

• Mahoney
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 03:36:41 pm »
Until \'02(other than the 7 month "break" in \'00) they were playing some of the ebst music ever made and drugs had no EFFECT AT ALL!!!  Unless you want to say they played good BECAUSE of them.  Once Brownstein returned to the band, they had one of the greatest Biscuit tours ever(Fall \'00), that people still lut up there near the top.  In \'99 they played some of the most minbending music they have ever done and they were admittedly a travelling party with E and L and what have you, and if you know anything about the Biscuits you will appreciate the music in the \'99.  

Yeah kick Sammy out, he wasn\'t 100% sure if he wanted to leave, but I give him credit for leaving that and choosing a career path like medicine.  You on the other hand choose to look at the negative and forget that these guys are FRIENDS first...maybe they didn\'t think it would be right to kick their friend out of the band just bc he was at a crossroadds in his life.  I feel sorry for you that you have such a negative outlook on something that is supposed to be all for fun...for fuck\'s sake this isn\'t the opera it\'s ROCK AND ROLL!  

Also I doubt you have any "real" info from the band as far as what really went down, or else I would hope you wouldn\'t go on the internet and expose it all like a 2 bit tabloid reporter just trying to get a rise out of people.

Too bad you missed Spring & Summer \'03...great new songs and alot of FUN!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 03:48:48 pm »
Fuck I wrote a really kick ass reply, then I deleted it by mistake. I can sum it up though.

-Bisco is a business, not an after school club.

-The band has poor decision making skills due to excessive serotonin loss.

-The new songs aren\'t melodic, complex and don\'t do anything for me.

-Watching over privellaged white suburban  drug addicts start fights and puke on each other is not my idea of fun.

That being said, I still love Bisco and really hope they pull their shit together and write some new, decent stuff.  Oh and I hope they bring back Ulua and Trucker\'s Choice.....

I\'ll add ONE more POSITIVE: the added middle section of Spy turned one of my favorite Bisco songs INTO my favorite Bisco song...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 03:51:19 pm by Overexjoesure »

WALSH

• Mahoney
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 07:57:16 pm »
At least you like Trucker\'s and Ulua...two songs that don\'t get enough credit.  I was a huge fan of Resurrection and really want that and Spraypaint to be brought back.  

Bad decision making due to being human...to blame that on drug use is a cop-out.  Bands make bad decisions without being on drugs all the time, that is all i am saying.  If you love the band why consistently restate obnoxious stereotypes thrown around by haters all the time?

I see you not liking some songs, hell there are some that are raved about that I cannot stand(i.e. Radiator), but it is a great sign when they take chances that fall short for some because it keeps things fresh.  The best thing about when they are full-fledged touring is that every tour there are between 4-6 NEW SONGS busted out and worked on throughout.  Yes, some are not keepers, yet the band always listens to their fanbase and seems to get rid of the excess fat.  

Man I love talking about this band.  Good talk Joe.:)

p.s. the new section of "Spy" is one of the best additions to a song since Spring \'03 when they added the extra section to "Buddha".
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 07:59:22 pm by WALSH »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 08:06:54 pm »
Likewise Walsh. Once I get some money saved up I\'ll be able to see some shows.  Part of me is kicking myself really hard in the ass because my sophomore year of school (the start of my vinyl addiction) I gave away all of my Bisco shows. I had at least 250 shows.......  Thank god for the archive (however I\'m fucking pumped about DiscLogic, just need the """hook up"""").  I def dug Spraypaint Victory.....  Remember Marvellous?

WALSH

• Mahoney
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 09:43:54 pm »
"Marvelous" was horrid, but I did like the Cat Steven\'s cover "Where the Children Play", that Mark and Jon did acoustic to close the 1st set at Tink\'s in Scranton on 9.29.03...check that for some good weirdness.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 03:24:46 am »
bisco is ragin it. i\'m goin to jersey.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 10:12:45 am »
Um, not in 00 or when Barber had his Lorazepan adventures, or when he broke his hand.

if you are gonna talk about his drug use at least get the drug right.  sheesh. it was Diazapan.  pink. not Lorazepan

and that wasnt even in \'00. wasnt it late \'01 and \'02?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:13:16 am by wiredchicken »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2006, 12:15:13 pm »
Brownie took his hiatus in 00, the DIAZEPAN incident occured in either 03 or 04, I can\'t quite remember.  Regardless, benzos+booze=waking up in Jersey confused.......

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2006, 12:43:51 pm »
Alright... I have been holding back but... Walsh... Joe...

GET A ROOM!!!
Masturbation in the MFA

davepeck

• Administrator
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2006, 12:51:24 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn
Alright... I have been holding back but... Walsh... Joe...

GET A ROOM!!!

you know, i saw that joce had the last reply, and i knew exactly what i\'d be reading.. :lol:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 01:12:47 pm »
you could always ignore the thread.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
***Biscuit Dates***
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 01:38:15 pm »
Quote from: Klout
bisco is ragin it. i\'m goin to jersey.

You\'re not going to skip the show in protest of a lack of Biscuit dates at the General Clinton Pub, Oneonta?

;)
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex