Author Topic: Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....  (Read 2353 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:33 pm »
Yeah the Jammies are a crock but people eat it up and the publicity would have helped if they had just capitalized on it. Even Tim has admited that they could have done more to capatilize on that Jammy.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 11:40:00 pm »
Tim should\'ve smashed the Jammy guitar Townshend style after he accepted it onstage....  That wouldve been the best possibility concerning Jammy publicity.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 11:41:45 pm »
Yeah that would have made a huge statement besides being the coolest thing he could have freakin\' done!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

chooglincharley

• hosehead
    • http://
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2006, 11:56:04 am »
Quote from: TreyChica
Jammys are a sham.... Shameless self promotion done by relix and jambands. New groove award?? Give me a fucking break!! They had 3 albums out and had been touring for what, 4 years?  I mean yeah publicity is publicity. I just dont think the Jammy has any real merit.  I dont know, I\'m debating whether or not to submit certain songs of Real Radio to A&R at Arista... I wish the boys had an edited version of Vera St!!

couldnt have said it better myself
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2006, 12:47:31 pm »
Quote from: spacebrush
   I’ve seen, as have all of you, a drop in production. There’s been talk about the drop, but nothing’s really been done about it.  As of now, the drop could only be attributed to one thing - the dismissal of J. Kroop. If T.B. doesn’t rise to their potential in the near future, letting Josh go could have been a mistake.  The kid got it done. And with that said, this present management is not getting it done.

mr. maturo, how incredibly eloquent and constructive. nice job, and thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts into productive thread. it\'s easy to get frustrated to the point of utter rage, and it comes out sometimes with everyone bickering on the boards. nice to see a chance of pace... so thanks!

i guess the whole idea of the production really set in, for me at least, after the Freakout and New Years Eve show at the Webster this past year.... i remember not hating the webster as much when i first started going there years ago, and was trying to figure out why. I remember the Freakout in 2003, the circus theme... walking into the webster i remembered being absolutely floored by the amount of detail/attention put into that show. The walls were covered with decorations, there was a MOONBOUNCE in the bar, the stage was head to toe with detail.... it was an amazing thing, i was completely taken aback by the event -- not to mentioned, it was packed with people, in costume, having a blast.....

so imagine my dismay walking into a bare webster theater for new years eve. not even a shread of tinsel, confetti, or color. could have been mid-july in that venue for all i knew. dont get me wrong, the show was absolutely fantastic, and i had a blast, but the environment was most certainly lacking.

if it was josh kroop who brought us this fantastic atmosphere and promotion, then by all means, i gotta say it was a mistake to let him go.... if not, then whats the missing factor? the band has everything it takes, and i think as fans we do a lot too (a lot more than some other whiney fans give us credit for), so what is the missing element? what is that missing puzzle piece????
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2006, 12:54:28 pm »
Maybe...

we\'re all crazy and the band really sucks.

:duck:
Masturbation in the MFA

moebass

• psyentist
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2006, 01:01:38 pm »
Quote from: chooglincharley
As for moebass....i wouldnt like it if pb got alot larger. i would like to see them make the next step but thats about it for me, as long as they keep doin what theyre doin and most of all, have fun with it so that it can maintain at a great tenacity and balls to the wall rock they are capable of producing.

I think it\'s kinda selfish of us to not want them to get any bigger. True, ticket prices will rise and we may not be able to see them as much if they are always on tour... but it\'s worth it in the long run for the band. They cannot stay at the level they are at for much longer, or it may start to take its toll, mentally and financially. If they don\'t increase their fan base, then they may start to get down on themselves... feeling shitty and underappreciated never helped anyone\'s soul. And financially- we don\'t really want to believe they are in this for the money, but they have to make a living, right? They need to put a lot of time and effort into touring, and they should be able to reap a bountiful reward... as incentive to keep playing music for us.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 01:02:07 pm »
Kroop 06.......
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

chooglincharley

• hosehead
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 01:13:42 pm »
moebass...i mean not a huge jump. yea, itd be great for them to hit it big, but i, personally am not a fan of what usually comes along with the fame. if i had my choice, id like to see them hit up more theaters, but still frequent the smaller circuit (bars), but beggars cant be choosers.
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 01:27:53 pm »
I would love to see them play venues THEY are content with, that is first and foremost.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 01:34:06 pm »
Seconded.
Masturbation in the MFA

psychjosh

Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:39 pm »
WOW! Imagine if I did come back?? Talk about pressure..
I haven\'t posted or even lurked since before Thanksgiving. A bird told me to check the boards and I have to say that I\'m touched.

Those of you who know, know that I remain very close to the band. We have way too much history and we always have been great friends.

Let\'s not get to crazy about this whole management deal.. It\'s not easy and it\'s definitely not ALL managements doing. Could things be done differently? Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. You gotta find the right match. If my tenure w/ TB was considered a "success" it\'s only due to the fact that I LOVE THAT F"N BAND and would not accept anything less. It also may have been the reason that we ultimately parted ways on a business level.

As far as getting better venues and building more buzz.. yes there is a role to be played by management but there is also a HUGE role to played by the band and their fans. Everyone should be printing at least 1-2 flyers from the band site and posting them in town when the band is there. Where ever you live. If you know someone in a strange town.. email it to them and ask them to do it.

Go to shows! You gotta go and tell others to go! You gotta trade CD\'s and BUY CD\'s and write reviews and email the media and call the radio and tell more people and email some more festival promoters and vote when they need you (hello jammy!)

There are 5000 + names in the data base. If EVERYONE emailed a festival promoter and asked the ? "Where is the Breakfast" I think they would listen. It takes more than 20.. more than 100..It takes 5000!!! Think of the protests in the 60\'s! We need to organize to be heard! Take the initiative and follow up with your friends to make sure they did also!!

OK.. I\'m done! Thanks for the kind thoughts and I hope to hell everyone out there keeps on supporting this band no matter what happens!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2006, 01:51:32 pm »
Josh, YOU are the fucking man and sorely missed by many!!!

PS
teach me your ways....

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2006, 04:09:16 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
Josh, YOU are the fucking man and sorely missed by many!!!

PS
teach me your ways....

I do not know the current management on a personal level, though I do know Josh pretty well since I have been a fan from 1999 - present.  Since I don\'t know much about the management, I really don\'t know what they do and Can\'t provide commentary to enrich the discussion, though I really appreciate Steffmo\'s outreach to the fans online.  I generally try not to heavily engage in arguments unless I know of the subject at hand, and I don\'t know Alex/Steffmo.  

One comment I can make at this Breakfast table:  

Part of Josh\'s legacy was that he was always visible - posting online, hosting annual family/uncle sam jams, making himself available before, during & after most shows and often getting down with the folks at the after parties. As someone who was with the band from its infancy, he had a strong personal connection to both the band and the fans and nobody can easily forget that personal touch of a good friend.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2006, 05:58:08 pm »
one thing i know is that i def have never hung out with, met, or even seen a manager anywhere on the scene since josh was around.  i thought it was cool josh was always at shows watching everything that was happening, and available on site for anything.
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"