Author Topic: Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....  (Read 2354 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 05:14:36 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
some of those records suck. (i.e. the mars volta.  their first record was the shit, but frances the mute is nothing but self-indulgent, narsicistic garbage)

absolute truth...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:35 pm »
Quote from: sequia
:gulp:

haha that works too!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisF

• http://
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 05:38:22 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Keep adding shows to archive.org, tapers.

And keep adding 5 star ratings to the ones that definitely deserve it, fans.

Its almost impossible for a "jam band" to make waves with a studio album. The shows are so much better anyway.

and keep replying to breakfast torrent threads on thetradersden to bring them up to the top. as long as breakfast stays near the top people will keep downloading.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 05:55:24 pm »
Holy schnikies Justin!  Comin\' out swingin\'.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 06:03:47 pm »
Interesting discussion, albeit one that happens on a regular basis around here.  One thing is for sure... the band is not getting any younger... if things don\'t change, I don\'t see how they can possibly continue.  Being in this band takes up a ton of time and devotion.... time that could be spent on more lucrative endeavors.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 06:07:23 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Keep adding shows to archive.org, tapers.

And keep adding 5 star ratings to the ones that definitely deserve it, fans.

Its almost impossible for a "jam band" to make waves with a studio album. The shows are so much better anyway.

and keep replying to breakfast torrent threads on thetradersden to bring them up to the top. as long as breakfast stays near the top people will keep downloading.

I like where this is going.  It\'s easy for anyone to get on here and dis the management.  It\'s harder but much better to make suggestions about what we the fans can do for the positive.  But in the end this will do a lot more good!  I\'d love to see this turn into the "How YOU can help The Breakfast" thread.  My idea: Submit some writing to Breakfast Digest!!! breakfastdigest@hotmail.com :)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Top 5 ways to help the Breakfast:
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 06:16:32 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
I like where this is going.  It\'s easy for anyone to get on here and dis the management.  It\'s harder but much better to make suggestions about what we the fans can do for the positive.  But in the end this will do a lot more good!  I\'d love to see this turn into the "How YOU can help The Breakfast" thread.  My idea: Submit some writing to Breakfast Digest!!! breakfastdigest@hotmail.com :)

1.  go to shows
2.  bring friends to shows
3.  promote/flyer/call venues & radio stations
4.  buy merch-CDs/posters/DVDs/etc.
5.  submit writing & reviews  - to above link, jam sites, Relix, etc.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
The best and most longlived is the good old word of mouth. Everyone I\'ve spoken to in the past two weeks has heard me rave about the Breakfast. I went to school in Florida and a bunch of friends came up for moe. down and they were all blown away by the Breakfast! After Daniel st I called a bunch of them to say this is "THE BAND"..one of them form Miami even joined info..I even told all my seniors that I have, to check them out when they come to Danbury..Word of mouth may take awhile, but it sticks in peoples\' minds---beacuse it comes from a reliable source......spread the word..
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

chooglincharley

• hosehead
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 07:12:07 pm »
i dont read any top 10 or whatever lists. its the opinion of someone else, more than likely someone higher up on a corporate ladder who after 3-4 years may even start to resent their job (although how could you if you get paid to goto and review shows). There are so many factors that can be thrown into the mix. As for moebass....i wouldnt like it if pb got alot larger. i would like to see them make the next step but thats about it for me, as long as they keep doin what theyre doin and most of all, have fun with it so that it can maintain at a great tenacity and balls to the wall rock they are capable of producing.
"Without deviation from the norm, \'progress\' is not possible" - FZ
        :wacko:

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 08:32:21 pm »
I love your Napi picture charley..........

Kroop \'06
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:29:08 pm »
Well the show bills kim made up (for Danbury) seemed to have stirred a little interest in our parts. I know of a few people who will be attending at premier.

I hope NYC on saturday gets a good pull

Think of it this way. As much as management gets knocked. In 2006 we have seen the band play Canada (an actually be allowed in) we have a show booked at the Knitting Factory (we all wanted this so better fucking show up, myself included) they are playing Premier in Danbury and it is only Feb. We have a festival booked well in advanced for May.

I mean damn this alone is exactly what I want to see. Now those places just need turnouts so we can say the band should continue to get good venues. When was the last time wqe could all say that there were this many choice venues lined up in this short amount of time. Its been a while and I for 1 look forward to seeing what the band does with these dates.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 10:42:44 pm »
I can definitely feel what you are saying. It is a step in the right direction.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 10:46:29 pm »
Book it and they will come.....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 11:14:33 pm »
While I agree that Festival slots should be really sought after, I think the band really needs to just bump up it\'s touring schedule.
The visibility of the band was @ it\'s highest from 2002-2004 due to a large touring schedule that went from coast-to-coast. They also won a Jammy during this time due to the increased visibility.
Tour tour tour and festivals basically have no choice but to start seeking YOU out.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why,YEAR AFTER YEAR....
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 11:18:16 pm »
Jammys are a sham.... Shameless self promotion done by relix and jambands. New groove award?? Give me a fucking break!! They had 3 albums out and had been touring for what, 4 years?  I mean yeah publicity is publicity. I just dont think the Jammy has any real merit.  I dont know, I\'m debating whether or not to submit certain songs of Real Radio to A&R at Arista... I wish the boys had an edited version of Vera St!!