Author Topic: Cover songs you would like to hear the BREAKFAST play [MERGED]  (Read 104884 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Cover songs you would like to hear the BREAKFAST play [MERGED]
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2008, 09:30:02 am »
Quote from: bezerker;197468
fool in the rain would be fun, esp. with the ser guitar solo

absolutely!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2008, 09:35:00 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;197456
Springsteen: Cut loose like a deuce
Manfred Mann: Revved up like a deuce
The Breakfast: Dropped like a deuce
DS Newbers

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2008, 10:04:59 am »
i think a verse or two of "the message" by grandmaster flash would be pretty cool...i\'d like to hear adrian play some hip hop beats
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:33 am »
Well Holy Shit!  Blinded By The Light is definitely a Bruce tune, which is ruined by Manfred Man.  He changed the lyrics, but even worse, when he sings the chorus it sounds like "rapped up like a douche".  That being said, there are several songs that he wrote that people forget that are his:

- Blinded By The Light
- Because The Night
- Fire (Robert Gordon version)
- Pink Cadillac
- The Ghost of Tom Joad
- The Fever

I know that there are a lot of Bruce haters and a few fans on the site, but no one can take away his past and current accomplishments.  Bruce and the E-Street are respected throughout the music community.  Additionally, he has released 15 studio albums and 7 live albums, won 18 grammys, won an academy award, and has been inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Songwriters Hall of Fame and New Jersey Hall of Fame.  He has performed with  Van Morrison, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Johnny Cash, U2, R.E.M., Billie Joe Armstrong, Eric Clapton, Donovan, Billy Joel, David Bowie, David Gray, John Lennon, Neil Diamond, Mark Knopfler, Kris Kristofferson, Joe Dolan, Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Blur, Oasis, Sting, The Beach Boys, Thin Lizzy, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Jeff Buckley, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Johnny Rivers, Rory Gallagher, Elton John, Queen, and Rod Stewart.

And for a guy who\'ll be 60 years old next year, he still puts on 3+ hour shows based on pop tunes, that\'s 25-30 songs each show; which he changes from show to show.  

You may not like his music, but you must respect his place as part of music history.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2008, 10:21:34 am »
Still pushing them for grandmaster flash the message. Then we could have:

Message>the message*>message>message in a blottle>message**

*First time played
**with \'the message\' tease
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2008, 10:42:50 am »
Quote from: Yoda;197496
Well Holy Shit!  Blinded By The Light is definitely a Bruce tune, which is ruined by Manfred Man.  He changed the lyrics, but even worse, when he sings the chorus it sounds like "rapped up like a douche".  That being said, there are several songs that he wrote that people forget that are his:

- Blinded By The Light
- Because The Night
- Pink Cadillac
- The Ghost of Tom Joad
- The Fever

I know that there are a lot of Bruce haters and a few fans on the site, but no one can take away his past and current accomplishments.  Bruce and the E-Street are respected throughout the music community.  Additionally, he has released 15 studio albums and 7 live albums, won 18 grammys, won an academy award, and has been inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Songwriters Hall of Fame and New Jersey Hall of Fame.  He has performed with  Van Morrison, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Johnny Cash, U2, R.E.M., Billie Joe Armstrong, Eric Clapton, Donovan, Billy Joel, David Bowie, David Gray, John Lennon, Neil Diamond, Mark Knopfler, Kris Kristofferson, Joe Dolan, Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Blur, Oasis, Sting, The Beach Boys, Thin Lizzy, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Jeff Buckley, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Willie Nelson, Johnny Rivers, Rory Gallagher, Elton John, Queen, and Rod Stewart.

And for a guy who\'ll be 60 years old next year, he still puts on 3+ hour shows based on pop tunes, that\'s 25-30 songs each show; which he changes from show to show.  

You may not like his music, but you must respect his place as part of music history.

nice
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2008, 10:44:42 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;197498

*First time played

yeah i considered that segment too...but quite frankly, the only one of those songs i want to hear them play is the grandmaster flash cover
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:17 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;197498

*First time played

HA!  Good stuff.

- Blinded By The Light
- Because The Night
- Pink Cadillac
- The Ghost of Tom Joad
- The Fever

Did you rattle all this out off the top of your head?  \'Cause damn, I\'m not sure whether to be impressed or scared. P.S. You forgot Jacob Dylan... or was that on purpose?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:48:07 am by SlimPickens »

weekapaug19

• In the house
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2008, 11:02:42 am »

- Blinded By The Light
- Because The Night
- Pink Cadillac
- The Ghost of Tom Joad
- The Fever

Did you rattle all this out off the top of your head?  \'Cause damn, I\'m not sure whether to be impressed or scared. P.S. You forgot Jacob Dylan... or was that on purpose?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too, and while we are naming people, he also forgot arcade fire, which was probably on purpose compared to that list of all stars
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:07 am »
I had a majority of the people in my memory, but I used wike to help me out a little with the exacts, but this guy and his band should be respected on the same levels as the big guys, he\'s definitely more entertaining than the Rolling Stones.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2008, 11:36:21 pm »
actually, Hot dog would be way more ser than fool in the rain.  weird they are consecutive songs on the same album.
*Gia*

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #656 on: July 31, 2008, 08:02:11 am »
Quote from: bezerker;197659
actually, Hot dog would be way more ser than fool in the rain.  weird they are consecutive songs on the same album.

Now you\'re just talking crazy.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #657 on: July 31, 2008, 08:17:12 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;48204
Eyesight to the Blind
Postcount +1.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #658 on: July 31, 2008, 09:07:32 am »
Bring back:

- Adagio
- The Acid Queen
- Peace Frog > Blue Sunday

New covers:

- All the young dudes
- Sparks
- And So It Goes (Billy Joel) > Over Exposure
- Echoes
- A Quick One
- Blues Power
- Detriot Medley
- Careful w/ that Axe, Eugene
- Cold Turkey
- Dark Star
- Dead Girls of London

weekapaug19

• In the house
« Reply #659 on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:28 am »
never play acid queen again (sorry, i never liked that cover).

play cover songs 90% of newbies will know, that is a good way to get them hooked, not obscure songs only music buffs will know

and bring back peace frog, and i\'d love to hear all the young dudes