Author Topic: State Of The Breakfast  (Read 2485 times)

spoon

• http://
State Of The Breakfast
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:29:29 pm »
Its been a while for me. After Ron left I caught a few shows in my area.  So whats up and whats new with the boys?

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:13:26 pm »
Tim is on lead ukelele.
Adrian switched to tuba.
Jordan plays accordion and is learning kazoo.
Chis is on washboard.
So much has changed!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:21:11 pm »
Quote from: spoon;254456
Its been a while for me. After Ron left I caught a few shows in my area.  So whats up and whats new with the boys?

they have recently been playing shows just in the north east to get out of debt and to settle down a bit.  the new member chris is absolutely incredible and jordan coming back makes them the best line up thus far.  new album "live as is" came out a few months back and is available on thebreakfast.org.   try to get to some shows they are playing great and need all the support they can right now.
*Gia*

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:30:17 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;254465
Tim is on lead ukelele.
Adrian switched to tuba.
Chis is on washboard.
So much has changed!

Post of the month.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 05:13:51 pm »
Quote from: spoon;254456

The more things change, the more things stay the same...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 05:56:49 pm »
State of the Breakfast:

More Psychedelic than ever. Bfam is still reppin\' as hard as ever. Lots of young blood with mad enthusiasm. Shows are mostly pretty well packed if not sold out. Listen to the recent Red Square show on Timmy\'s birthday... this band is on a mission and IMO they\'ve reached a peak not probably seen since the Butterfield days.

A lot of people sort of dropped out of the scene and lost enthusiasm for a while. But it\'s really super great to see old friends and faces back at the shows and getting our faces melted like never before.

With Jordan back on the keys and the genius song writing and sick bass playing that Chris is bringing to the table, a Breakfast show in 2010 is not something to be missed!

That\'s my take. peace!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »
Great stuff said so far, this band certainly is the best incarnation yet. The addition of Chris was certainly a shot in the arm and then Jordan coming back was the icing on the cake. Every show I\'ve heard or seen as been incredible. They do need all the support we can give. They are certainly pouring their souls out through their instruments at every gig.

Some folks have faded away, I guess, and some seem so pessimistic I\'m not sure why they come around anymore. But there is a hardcore crew and new faces are coming aboard with every show. We are blessed with a plethora of great recordings and we owe it to the intrepid souls that continue to bring us the tunage!

Lots of good things happening onstage and its only a matter of time before this band rises above it all.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;254496
Great stuff said so far, this band certainly is the best incarnation yet. The addition of Chris was certainly a shot in the arm and then Jordan coming back was the icing on the cake. Every show I\'ve heard or seen as been incredible. They do need all the support we can give. They are certainly pouring their souls out through their instruments at every gig.

Some folks have faded away, I guess, and some seem so pessimistic I\'m not sure why they come around anymore. But there is a hardcore crew and new faces are coming aboard with every show. We are blessed with a plethora of great recordings and we owe it to the intrepid souls that continue to bring us the tunage!

Lots of good things happening onstage and its only a matter of time before this band rises above it all.

Hells yeah Frolfer. I love your enthusiasm man. I am hoping that Kung Fu will help spread some exposure for them, seems like there is some buzz brewing about Fu and they are getting some decent festie slots.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

frolfer

• breakfast geek
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 09:10:25 am »
Quote from: Gfunk;254499
Quote from: frolfer;254496

Hells yeah Frolfer. I love your enthusiasm man. I am hoping that Kung Fu will help spread some exposure for them, seems like there is some buzz brewing about Fu and they are getting some decent festie slots.

right on brother. I hope that the Fu generates some more good things for the Breakfast. Hope to see you at a show soon. Thumpty thumpty?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 12:49:56 pm »
Def gonna try and make the haul up to Ithaca for Thumpty. It would be cool to check out the gorges while i\'m up there too. Jeff you\'re driving right?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:57:39 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 07:01:38 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;254465
Tim is on lead ukelele.
Adrian switched to tuba.
Chis is on washboard.
So much has changed!

:wah:
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
State Of The Breakfast
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »
freddiewaht on Guinness!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:59:44 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Gfunk

• Papa^