Author Topic: THE SOPRANOS SEASON 6 Thread  (Read 35959 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
THE SOPRANOS SEASON 6 Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2007, 02:26:01 pm »
tony said ask your friend on the wall (the guy bobby shot earlier in the ep).

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2007, 02:38:18 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;149059

thanks for the clarification. I had trouble understanding that.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2007, 03:02:02 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;149069
Quote from: davepeck;149059

thanks for the clarification. I had trouble understanding that.

actually, before anyone (else) has a chance to call me on this..

tony is referring to the moose on the wall. bobby doesn\'t shoot the guy til later in the episode..

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2007, 03:20:29 pm »
just went back to watch that part of the episode and now I wonder where all this "it goes black" talk came from...

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2007, 06:13:40 pm »
It came from some pretentious journalist preying on the ADHD laden, average  Soprano viewer to further their career.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2007, 07:26:38 pm »
must have been, or collective thought conscience among Soprano viewers with the same idea.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2007, 07:28:14 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica;149155
It came from some pretentious journalist preying on the ADHD laden, average  Soprano viewer to further their career.

Hey now, I have stayed out of this conversation since I have only watched the past three seasons and have no idea what to make of the final two episodes.  Although my bro gets free cable, he does not get HBO so I downloaded the last two episodes and have watched twice still not sure what to think of them. All I have to say about them now is the first episode of the entire season starts with Tony blacking out (or so I have been told) and so it appears the last one ends with him blacking out, or getting whack, however you interpret it. Maybe it was the show finally getting whack or the audience. Chase left it up for us to figure out.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:14:07 pm by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2007, 07:33:29 pm »
what?

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2007, 09:45:55 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;149171
what?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »
Absolute MUST read for all Sopranos watchers.  A very insightful and alarming look into the last episode.  I knew there had to be more than meets the eye going on in this episode, I just haven\'t had any time to go back and watch it several times.  But come on, this show was built on symbolism and being capable of anything, I knew there was more.  This guy nails a lot of it.  

http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/
Thanks to Sports Guy Bill Simmons for the link

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2007, 11:36:25 pm »
That was EXCELLENT.   Thanks for the link.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #341 on: June 28, 2007, 02:05:03 pm »
Enough valid points to make me reconsider my original position, however...

1. If the Members Only guy killed Tony after coming out of the bathroom, then why doesn\'t Tony look in his direction when startled instead of straight ahead, which is the opposite direction of the bathroom.

2. If the Members Only guy is going to kill Tony, wouldn\'t he try to be a bit more inconspicuous, rather than glance at Tony about a hundred times before offing him.

3. If New York wanted to kill Tony by luring him into a false sense of security in order to whack him, that\'s fine. But in that case, why would they let Jersey kill Phil too? Just so Butchie could take over New York? There\'s nothing that alludes to that at any point. Furthermore, New York didn\'t set up that sit down; Tony did. So there really is no evidence whatsoever of a master plan by New York to kill both bosses.

4. About the "you probably don\'t even hear it when it happens," line. Sure, that could be in reference to Tony. Or, it could be in reference to Bobby seeing as how the line is directed at him and he actually does get killed.

5. About the song: the notion that Don\'t Stop Believin\' is a message to Carm to keep going strong after Tony\'s death is laughable analysis at best. I mean, she\'d have every expectation to stop believing after seeing her husband get killed in front of her kids. If you\'re going to analyze the song in reference to the final outcome, how about considering the line, "it goes on and on and on," being sung as Tony is talking about the impending indictments. Or the last words heard in the history of the show, which are "don\'t stop."

I don\'t know. I\'m sure it\'s fun to pretend to be a detective and read between the lines and find all these cute little clues to force symbolism. Or you can pay attention to what actually happened. Either way. If you really want to subscribe to Chase\'s statement that it\'s "all there," well then, doesn\'t that lend validity to the notion that Tony lives since we don\'t actually see him die? Personally, I think Chase threw all these Godfather allusions and the orange overtones and such to fuck with people who look too deeply into things, sort of a Glass Onion approach. Furthermore, I think it\'s a much less effective ending if Tony does die at the end because we see nothing of the aftermath. And call me crazy, but I think it\'s fairly important to show the aftermath when the show\'s protagonist dies.

I will give the guy credit for making a strong case and he did make me rethink the notion that Chase literally did leave it open-ended with enough indications for either the life or death ending. That was my thought when I first watched the episode and I hate that scenario the most. I maintain my original stance that Tony lives and feel that ending is the most effective of the possible three.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2008, 03:49:41 pm »
In honor of the one-year anniversary, a blogger has put up what should be the definitive word on this finale, or at least the final scene. His points are very hard to refute. It\'s well thought out and well supported with examples from previous episodes and excerpts from David Chase interviews.

The Definitive Explanation of "The End"