Author Topic: What do you do for work?  (Read 10163 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2006, 01:06:19 pm »
Buquebus!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What do you do for work?
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2006, 01:32:14 pm »
Quote from: antbach
Quote from: FreeSpirit

writing^

^thesis and lead sentences in an introduction

wait. what grade is this? I didn\'t learn what a thesis was until my senior english class, unless it was earlier and I slept through it. But I\'m a proud graduate of the East Haven educationial system, maybe they\'re a little slower on the curriculum.

Senior year? Are you serious? That\'s pretty scary...

Quote from: derickw
Quote from: TreyChica
That\'ll do the trick....

I\'m thinking when I sub 2nd grade I might  have to whip out a monster Buquebus.. It will put those lil\' bastids in line.

I would recommend you not whipping out any monster or you\'ll be teaching tossing salad in county

HA! rotfl
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 01:33:01 pm by jocelyn »
Masturbation in the MFA

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2006, 01:36:30 pm »
Today I had a 3rd grade class. And now I\'m going to sleep...
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
What do you do for work?
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2006, 01:59:53 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn

writing^

wait. what grade is this? I didn\'t learn what a thesis was until my senior english class, unless it was earlier and I slept through it. But I\'m a proud graduate of the East Haven educationial system, maybe they\'re a little slower on the curriculum.

maybe I was deprived? dave, help me out here, i know ya graduated two years before me, but did I miss something along the way?
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2006, 02:06:13 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn

writing^

maybe I was deprived? dave, help me out here, i know ya graduated two years before me, but did I miss something along the way?

i think the first time i heard about/learned what a thesis was was in early \'96, which i guess would be my junior year..

of course, i didn\'t learn about it in school.. i learned about it because i was starting to get fanatical about phish and was learning about the whole Trey Gamehendge thesis thing.. :idunno:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
What do you do for work?
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2006, 02:15:13 pm »
Oh God.  That is terrible terrible. Gamehendge being one\'s first introduction to the word \'thesis\'.... ugh.

I think I learned about writing a thesis from Mrs. Fahey in 8th grade.
Masturbation in the MFA

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2006, 02:15:47 pm »
Bwahahahahahhahahahaha^^^^^

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
What do you do for work?
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2006, 02:17:27 pm »
EAST HAVEN PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM :thumbsup: ;)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
What do you do for work?
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »

writing^

:lol:
I teach 6th grade English.  CMTs start in March, so I\'m trying to pound these things into their brains so we get high scores from the state.  Believe it or not, "Waste Haven" ghetto schools are actually doing a great job with the CMT scores & more suburban schools (like Orange & Milford) have been trying to find out why.  ... I guess it\'s just cuz of the awesome teachers like me ;)

Quote from: FrankZappa
what is a DOL?

DOL stands for "Daily Oral Language" It\'s basically where teachers give incorrect sentences and paragraphs to students, and its their job to correct the mistakes.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

davepeck

• Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2006, 06:23:18 pm »
Believe it or not, "Waste Haven" ghetto schools are actually doing a great job with the CMT scores & more suburban schools (like Orange & Milford) have been trying to find out why.  ... I guess it\'s just cuz of the awesome teachers like me ;)

actually, it\'s probably more this:

in the last two weeks, I\'ve taken 4 "sick" days...

;)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
What do you do for work?
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2006, 06:27:29 pm »
:lollol:

good point!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

SkyePrizm

• separator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2006, 07:17:17 pm »
Quote from: leith
I was the Activities Director @ Point Loma Convalescent for 8 months back in \'94.
 I had such a blast coming up w/ things to do. Even for the bedridden. I brought in a Sitar player one day and talk about soothing patients quick! I hope you have as much fun as I did.

I do!  I have this lady who comes in and does "Elderly" Yoga with them.  they love it.  Today we just had a Mardi Gras party.  I had fun tossing beads at them.  (No one flashed, thank god)  Now I\'m planning a St. Patty\'s day party.  I ordered these really cool shamrock mugs so I can pass out green beer.  I really think I finally found my calling in this.  It takes alot of patience...but I love every minute of it.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
What do you do for work?
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2006, 01:37:15 pm »
i\'m a barback in hartford
and i smoke crack
caress me, aunt jemima

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
What do you do for work?
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2006, 01:43:34 pm »
mmmmmmm.... crack.
Postcount +1.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
What do you do for work?
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2006, 01:44:17 pm »
Quote from: Lexington
i\'m a barback in hartford
and i smoke crack

:thumbsup:

i don\'t think i ever answered this thread because i had just quit my previous job when it was made. i just started working as an administrative assistant/graphics design person at this huge commercial real estate firm outside of dc. i\'ve been here since monday and i\'m not so sure about the half hour commute each way with the traffic everyday. i went into the bathroom the other day to wash my hands after having a cigarette and heard my boss taking a huge shit (i saw her shoes). i can already tell that the office computer tech guy wants me because he keeps on coming to my desk to give me girl scout cookies and even offered me a box of them.