Author Topic: What do you do for work?  (Read 10162 times)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
What do you do for work?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 12:33:53 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
WOOOHOO!!! Tommorow is my first day of work as a substitute in Orange!!  
4th grade tommorow......  I\'m pumped. I miss having money!!

Congrats, Trey!  Hope your first day was fun... & if u ever need a substituting job, sign up in W. Haven - in the last two weeks, I\'ve taken 4 "sick" days... I\'ll keep ya busy ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 03:42:49 pm »
First day of work was f-u-n!!!  Class was pretty chill, didnt have to deal with that much just normal restlessness that comes with the job when you\'re a sub.   Thursday should be a challenge though: 2nd Grade!!! All I remember about my 2nd grade teacher is that she was an OLD, OLD black woman who wore a nasty ass wig (the tag would stick out in the back), eat those monstrous bags of popcorn they used to sell at Edwards and spray a shit load of shoddy perfume on all of the girls in the class, forcing the boys to cough in the hallway (so you see its not ALL my fault that I\'m so fucked up).

Freespirit. I dont think I could handle the Waste. In fact I\'m sure my honkey ass would get handed to me the second I entered the classroom.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
What do you do for work?
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 07:28:17 pm »
Man I miss subbing--I had the worst day today--subbing is a cool way to ease into teaching--enjoy it because it sucks making lesson plans, designing labs, dealing with parents, and the worst part is all the B.S. politics---just let me F\'ing teach!---sorry I had to vent! Glad to see some cash coming in for ya$$$
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
What do you do for work?
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 08:36:03 pm »
Quote from: MakisupaPJ
Man I miss subbing--I had the worst day today--subbing is a cool way to ease into teaching--enjoy it because it sucks making lesson plans, designing labs, dealing with parents, and the worst part is all the B.S. politics---just let me F\'ing teach!---sorry I had to vent! Glad to see some cash coming in for ya$$$

Don\'t forget the misappropriation of your dues by the NEA. ;)
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
I got a call tonight, they need me to sub tommorow as well. This is great. Maybe I\'ll be able to catch Breakfast shows that are more than a 12 mile radius from my house!!
Subbing rocks, $$$ is weaksauce...
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
What do you do for work?
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:22 pm »
I got a call tonight, they need me to sub tommorow as well. This is great. Maybe I\'ll be able to catch Breakfast shows that are more than a 12 mile radius from my house!!
Subbing rocks, $$$ is weaksauce...

I remember elementary subs actually having to teach, whereas my high school subs simply got paid to sit at the desk and get some personal reading done.

Working as a gym teacher is tough ;)
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2006, 09:25:25 pm »
Killer set list today...
DOL>Writing Prompt>Equivalent Fractions^>DOL Reprise, Lunch>Reading Groups@>Spelling:Unit 20, Spanish>SSR>7up
Encore:
Cleanup>Dismissal

^-Inca Roads Tease
&-Cricket in Times Square jam

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
What do you do for work?
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2006, 09:44:50 pm »
:lol:Awesome DOL segwich!!!

... I usually go w/ a [DOL>spelling*>grammar%>writing^>encore: homework#] in 40mins. x 5 classes jam ;)

*prefixes, un-/in-/con-/com-
%comma splices/capitalization
^thesis and lead sentences in an introduction
#look up and define spelling words in a dictionary
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2006, 09:58:46 pm »
That\'ll do the trick....

I\'m thinking when I sub 2nd grade I might  have to whip out a monster Buquebus.. It will put those lil\' bastids in line.

wstielau

• http://
What do you do for work?
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2006, 10:05:37 pm »
Hi All,

I\'m a senior software engineer, for a Canadian company called Open Text. I work out of their Irvine, CA office (although I generally work out of my house more than in the office). I primarilyly do c/c++ design and development on Win32 , IBM AS400, and various flavours of UNIX (HPUX, AIX, Solaris, Linux).

-Wayne

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
What do you do for work?
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2006, 12:26:31 am »
I am a bank teller when I am home, and a full time slacker while @ school.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
What do you do for work?
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2006, 08:39:45 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
:lol:Awesome DOL segwich!!!

... I usually go w/ a [DOL>spelling*>grammar%>writing^>encore: homework#] in 40mins. x 5 classes jam ;)

*prefixes, un-/in-/con-/com-
%comma splices/capitalization
#look up and define spelling words in a dictionary

You\'ll never get anyone on tour if you don\'t shake up that setlist.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
What do you do for work?
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2006, 08:54:27 am »
Quote from: FreeSpirit

writing^

wait. what grade is this? I didn\'t learn what a thesis was until my senior english class, unless it was earlier and I slept through it. But I\'m a proud graduate of the East Haven educationial system, maybe they\'re a little slower on the curriculum.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2006, 11:48:34 am »
what is a DOL?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
What do you do for work?
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2006, 12:15:54 pm »
That\'ll do the trick....

I\'m thinking when I sub 2nd grade I might  have to whip out a monster Buquebus.. It will put those lil\' bastids in line.

I would recommend you not whipping out any monster or you\'ll be teaching tossing salad in county
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-