Author Topic: Setlist: 2003-05-08 - Pearl Street; Northampton, MA  (Read 3468 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2003-05-08 - Pearl Street; Northampton, MA
« on: May 09, 2003, 08:53:14 am »
May 8th, 2003 - Pearl Street; Northampton, MA

I: Hard Luck Harry > Score > jam > Hard Luck Harry > Merge > Drum Solo > Memory Of A Free Festival, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), jam > Puppetry, The Grand Scheme Of Things > Question Mark And The Mind > The Grand Scheme Of Things, The Chase

E: Rufus > Phaddy Boom Baddy > Rufus > Phaddy Boom Baddy, jam > Wild Pack Of Asscracks*

* WPOA never happened, as PB was already past their 12:00 curfew when they started the opening jam. :(

Evelyn

• the modified dog
    • http://
Pearl Street
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 10:05:22 am »
How SWEET it is.....glad to have da boyz back home, GREAT to see everyone in the PB family too & nice to finally meet Brett! Fun show.....wicked ass Rufus among other things....Adrian\'s hair is a little longer, Ron\'s fingers got longer, Jordan is no longer one handed and Tim is standing!!!!! Seeyaslater
Evie-poopoo

davepeck

• Administrator
Review
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 10:21:59 am »
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

great night! i\'m beat. :tired:

me, lisa, todd, gray, and mike left staven around 6:30... met wolfman at The Hangar around 8... phaddy nachos, dank beer, and heady wings (which we seriously overordered on!).. :drool: SO good... this place is like a yankee-hater\'s paradise, but i love it! it\'s a good thing i\'m ~90 miles from it though, cause i\'d be about 400 lbs. right now if it were close! :chug::gulp:

looked at the clock and noticed it was 9:30, so i figured we\'d better get our asses in gear... unfortunately for the people with me, my ass already was in gear! :fart:

perfect timing, we walked into pearl street just as the band had taken the stage. HLH was a strong opener, and a clever segue into Score before finishing it... nicely done..

thin crowd on this thursday night at pearl street... prolly had something to do with Naughty By Nature playing over at UMass.. apparently a lot of people are still, in fact, down with OPP... not knocking NBN at all, as i would have loved to check them out myself... anyways, i just never like being able to hear my own claps, but those of us who were there got to see the show that we wanted to see, as the band was playing all the fan favorites!

and by the way, it was great to see everyone again... been too long, especially you, Mr. Q! feels like forever...

anyways, hard to point out highlights in a show that was this good.. Hey Hey What Can I Do Memory Of A Free Festival was a great choice for the only cover of the night.. the standalone Mooboo\'s kicked ass, and Scheme > ? > Scheme was executed nicely...

The fuckin Chase :thechase:, as always, had everyone groovin\' to close the set.. :disco:

encore featured the much-requested Phaddy/Rufus sandwich (hmm... would you call this an open-faced sandwich??), and should have ended with WPOA, but unfortunately, as they were starting the leading jam, ron was told that \'that was it\'... so it was kind of an uncomfortable, unexpected ending to an otherwise very strong show...

so chalk this one up as a well-played crowd-pleaser! thanks to the band for listening to our setlist thoughts and piecing something together with a little bit of everything. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 10:25:30 am by davepeck »

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 01:01:13 pm »
Looks like an amazing show...wish I was there.  Woulda been cool if they got to finish the show with WPOA seemed like everyone had that mentioned in their lists...oh well
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 04:25:54 pm »
Dave, you forgot the real shock of the night.  After the show the fine security at Pearl St. didn\'t throw us all out before the fucking lights even went up!  It\'s good to see that they\'re not as hostile at midnight as they are at 1:00am.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

WALSH

• Mahoney
DAMNIT!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 05:34:33 pm »
I just realized that they opened with my first set that I requested and I missed it...MUTHAF&%$#$$#$#$#$#$$#...Sorry but now I\'m pissed...Some fan I am

ADIOS!!!!!!!!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Evelyn

• the modified dog
missing U Walsh & Maddy...
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 12:11:49 pm »
Walsh, where you At? Get your ass to NYC TONIGHT!!!
Evie-poopoo

teonanacatl

Pearl St. May 8th
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 12:34:04 pm »
I guess this has already been said, but this was the first real PB show I\'ve been too. I saw them at Hobart College Fallfest 2002 and they were definitely the best band playing there.

But the other night at Pearl Street... holy shit! I honestly had no idea these guys were that rediculously good! The Phaddy jam was sick. Actually, pretty much the whole show would qualify as being "sick". My mind was blown.

I hope you guys come back to Fallfest at Hobart next year and jam out like you did at Pearl Street. If you come back I\'ll definitely work the publicity wheels to get more people out on the lawn for the show.

Best $13 I ever spent on a show without a doubt. Keep that shit up and you guys are going to be seriously famous!