Author Topic: PROMO: 1/21/06-Daniels Street; Milford, CT  (Read 8589 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
PROMO: 1/21/06-Daniels Street; Milford, CT
« on: January 03, 2006, 08:08:57 pm »
Daniels Street
21 Daniels Street
Milford, CT
(203) 877-4446

21+ Show
Tickets - $10

Breakfast - 10:30pm

I don\'t believe this venue will be too hard to fill to capicity. No regrets this time around.

Flyers in Gencs\' pizzeria? There has to be some friendly music stores around there. Also, we should try to hit up all the side projects with flyers. For those in the Milford area or know the area, your imput is essential. Could use all the "hotspots" information. Let\'s be creative and get the people to this show as the band needs to start the year on the right foot.

Email Tim at tim@thebreakfast.org if you would like to help with promotion for this show.

Here is a link to upcoming CT shows.

We could really use a sell-out for the first show of the year!

Please discuss PROMOTION here.

Thanks in advance!

Flyers for this show are rumored to be printed up very soon, so if you want to distribute even 50 flyers that would help. Make sure to email Tim. Thanks again.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:02:15 pm »
Can anyone from this area give me an idea of where I should concentrate my effort. I have the day off and would like to use it wisely and get it the flyers in places where they will be most useful. I have some per usual stops in my area but want to get rid of them quickly and efficently.

Thanks

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:49:07 pm »
I know the area, but know nothing about music promo.  What type of places are you looking for?

Band management may want to push for a run of ads on WPLR... since Daniels street is smack in the middle of their listener area, and this could be a big show.

I think most folks have shaken their NYE hangovers by now, and are ready to hit the streets again to rage a little on the weekend.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:53:26 pm »
I am looking for places where people listen to music. Perhaps an independent record store, head shop, placers where people hang-out. Something along those lines.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:44:21 pm »
This should be promote the same as a Toad\'s show.
Flyers in Cutlers, that head shop in North Haven, various Strawberries (not FYE), Tommy K stores, an add in the New Haven Advocate would be ser. As far as Milford goes Cafe Atlantique would be a great place to put up flyers, also I remember the days of telephone pole flyering. Someone should contact jambase.com and have them plug this show.  Also it would be helpful if people dropped off mini-leaflets at Starbucks and what not... That\'s all I can think of now Spacey. The PLR idea is good as well.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 11:19:13 am »
PLR cost money and probably a good amount of it unless Daniel Street like Toads has the upcoming events announced.

I can take of North of New Haven. I want to actually flyer the area where the show is.

Thanks for the suggestions.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:04 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
PLR cost money and probably a good amount of it unless Daniel Street like Toads has the upcoming events announced.

I can take of North of New Haven. I want to actually flyer the area where the show is.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jump on the Post Road in Orange, hit Guitar Center, Strawberry\'s, Merles Record Rack, Daddy\'s Junky Music (ask for the Mando King)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 12:45:46 pm »
My thoughts exactly on the Guitar Center and Daddy\'s Junky Music. I guess the Post Road is the best place to go.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 07:03:15 pm »
BUMPING for next week.

If the place isn\'t sold out or if it isn\'t "uncomfortably" packed, I personally will consider the show a failure in the eyes of promotion.

Anyone who has been to Daniels Street knows that this venue is very probable of getting sold-out.

Just a thought.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 07:23:54 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
BUMPING for next week.

If the place isn\'t sold out or if it isn\'t "uncomfortably" packed, I personally will consider the show a failure in the eyes of promotion.

Anyone who has been to Daniels Street knows that this venue is very probable of getting sold-out.

Just a thought.

Perhaps Sequia can hijack some other message boards/threads and promote the show.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 08:10:39 pm »
i know this venue is probable of being sold out.... is there anyway to get tickets other than at the door?

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 06:28:45 pm »
5 days

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 09:14:15 pm »
Masturbation in the MFA

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 08:35:27 pm »
FWIW, to all those that give 2 shits.

I spent a good portion of my day flyering a few college lots while a friend was at class. I also dispersed a bunch of flyers to the local head shops and some bars. I photocopied some of the flyers using my fathers copying machine, I\'m sure he won\'t mind.

My point is, I expect tomorrow to be a very good night. I am expecting a large turnout.

As a last push, I urge all those going to bring a friend along for the ride. It will definitely be worth it.

See all y\'all  suckas in Milford.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 08:48:47 pm »
Good luck everyone...
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.