Author Topic: valentines day @ toads - umphreaks mcgee  (Read 6679 times)

RadicalRich1138

valentines day @ toads - umphreaks mcgee
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2006, 10:35:03 am »
i for one had a great time, wish that i had seen treychica so i could have raged some Umph on the way home!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2006, 10:57:31 am »
DerickW- Hand out bills for any show. Bezerker almost got into a fight last night handing out bills for the Danbury show because some umph-ass is still pissed off at TPalms for something that happened over 4 years ago.

While the band can definitely play, the fanbase sucks ass and reminds me of the DMB.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2006, 11:10:30 am »
i can\'t wait.........
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2006, 11:45:56 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: leith
Run of the mill huh? Wow on the Bort they are all stoked seeing as UM is on a run of shows w/ no covers (until tonite) and no repeats

song selection doesn\'t make a show great, its how they play the selected songs.

Yeah ok. Just because you are used to tired moe. setlists.
I think it\'s is pretty neat that UM is doing something like this.
Just surprised Joe thought it was run of the mill and that he was disappointed.
He loves UM so much.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2006, 11:46:45 am »
Quote from: derickw
I\'m gonna check them out in Providence tonight, anyone heading to the show from up here. i should prolly hand out some hand bills. for what tho, Iron Horse....Middle East in a couple months.....

I was pondering the idea last night, but have decided to be a good student and attend my class. Also helping the decision is the whopping $2.72 in my checking account and $1.37 in my pocket.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2006, 11:54:04 am »
"While the band can definitely play, the fanbase sucks ass and reminds me of the DMB."

i agree

i was really wanting a "Tonight we\'re gunna rock it" or "Big Bottom" but oh well

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2006, 11:59:58 am »
Quote from: antbach
Quote from: derickw
I\'m gonna check them out in Providence tonight, anyone heading to the show from up here. i should prolly hand out some hand bills. for what tho, Iron Horse....Middle East in a couple months.....

I was pondering the idea last night, but have decided to be a good student and attend my class. Also helping the decision is the whopping $2.72 in my checking account and $1.37 in my pocket.

the checks in the mail man!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Highimscott

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2006, 12:01:36 pm »
I thought it was a pretty sick show, Mulchess odyessy>immigrant song with a miss tinkle\'s encore was off the hook. as far as it being a horrible crowd, you just gota make your way to the front then the crowd doesnt matter. In the last 10 sets theyve played they havent repeated a song once and havent played a full cover either, defintly impressive. Cheney\'s gota gun was pretty funny; i snaged the lyrics they brought out for it:
Cheney\'s gotta gun (x2)
The Quail are on the run
He shot fuckin Winington

What did our V.P. do?
Careful He\'ll shoot at you

When Dick Cheney was arrested
They found him in a limosine!
Man he had it comin
Now Dick Cheney\'s gotta gun
We ain\'t never gunna be the same

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2006, 12:05:22 pm »
saw them play big bottom as the closer w/ kang at big summer classic very cool! came out in sumo suits
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2006, 12:28:19 pm »
Run of the mill huh? Wow on the Bort they are all stoked seeing as UM is on a run of shows w/ no covers (until tonite) and no repeats

song selection doesn\'t make a show great, its how they play the selected songs.

He loves UM so much.

i\'ll agree its a cool idea, i was just bustin\' chops.  i wasn\'t at the show, so i can\'t comment.  i\'ll tell ya how i feel after tonight\'s show though.  moe.\'s recent setlists have been far from tired. they\'ve managed to bust out originals i haven\'t heard in my first 80+ shows(Again and Again), others I haven\'t seen since \'02(Lazarus), and I wouldn\'t have gone to as many as 8 shows this tour if it were \'tired\' so to speak.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 12:36:33 pm by Igziabeher »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2006, 12:36:42 pm »
People just like concentrating on the negative things I say on this board, seldom does anyone comment on any of the positive thing, but that\'s expected, so what the hell.....(Irony police)

Wolfman>Music and New Haven goons... HOWEVER I have been to a gazillion shows in New Haven and I think only once at a few later DBB shows, I have ever encountered such belligerent, ignorant ass holes.  I cannot understand how Umphrey\'s appeals to them.  The fanbase is taking a horrible turn for the worse and personally I\'d rather not be around people who scream during a piano solo or people who go nuts for the same silly onstage guitar antics.....

Each song was barely improvised and the ones that were remained very lackluster sans Plunger>Jimmy Stewart.  It was just a piss poor evening of music.

Bezerker, what was the UM kid so pissed about?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2006, 12:40:14 pm »
^^really man I was just fuckin with you
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2006, 12:45:59 pm »

He loves UM so much.

i\'ll agree its a cool idea, i was just bustin\' chops.  i wasn\'t at the show, so i can\'t comment.  i\'ll tell ya how i feel after tonight\'s show though.  moe.\'s recent setlists have been far from tired. they\'ve managed to bust out originals i haven\'t heard in my first 80+ shows(Again and Again), others I haven\'t seen since \'02(Lazarus), and I wouldn\'t have gone to as many as 8 shows this tour if it were \'tired\' so to speak.

Yeah I know moe. is on fire. I just saw more moe. last yr than any other band and seemed to hear alot of the same stuff. but I\'m a newb moe.ron so what do I know?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2006, 12:48:28 pm »
the dude started talkin shit about the band, and then lots of shit about timmy p.  i was just passin out flyers and he was being a drunk asshole.  sayin he\'s the biggest stuck up prick because 3 or 4 years ago he tried to sell him buds but tim didnt want any.  whats the fuckin deal ??   He got me all riled up, so i simply told him that the breakfast blow umphrey\'s out of the water and to go fuck himself.  he decided to come back and get a little more aggressive by slapping my flyers out of my hand onto the ground and shoving me full force with both hands.  angry umphrey\'s fans = scumbags.  and by the way, timmy could destroy both those guitarists on stage last night, NO DOUBT
*Gia*

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2006, 12:48:58 pm »
It\'s ok Me!  I\'ll be honest, Daniel St satisfied me a BILLION times  more than this show. I mean seeing The Breakfast was cavier and UM last night was Big Mac city.....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.