Author Topic: Not Cool!somebody Fucked Up Uac Last Night>>  (Read 8471 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Not Cool!somebody Fucked Up Uac Last Night>>
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2005, 10:42:25 am »
i witnessed an act of arson at UAC, in the form of the band setting fire to the sub!

in all seriousness though, this is shitty.

melanie

• http://
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2005, 10:53:51 am »
Quote from: davepeck
i witnessed an act of arson at UAC, in the form of the band setting fire to the sub!

in all seriousness though, this is shitty.

Seriously though, matt chris and i left REALLY late- like 2:15 maybe, the band was still there but there was NO sketch.  is it possible this had nothing to do with the party?  it really sucks this all falls back on poor terry.  :(

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 11:08:33 am »
I cannot believe that this happened, although with the turnout I was figuring this would be the last one for the UAC shows, i am utterly saddened by this turn of events.  Hopefully  we get full details soon as far as total cost...thanks for all the fun Terry, so sorry it had to be sullied like it has.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 11:09:42 am »
This is a tough one to hear about... I wouldnt blame this on locals yet either.. Im as local as it gets and I didnt recognize many I would call \'locals\'....
I just want to say thanks to Terry. Really sucks what happened.. When your on the side of good or love... the other side , the oppressor the liar the evil do-ers allways seem to have the last word. But good will allways win and overcome as tough as it may seem. We all are thankfull for the shows you produced and the good times they bring..

Terry-when the smoke clears , I have an idea for an outdoor venue on the water and maybee you would consider taking a partner to help make things easier ..

Thanks again - your hard work is recognized
Bean

"when one door is closed another one is opened" - Bob Marley

aJwvof

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2005, 11:17:23 am »
bean - you were there? would have been great to catch up!! hope all is well...

TerryOB

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2005, 11:28:02 am »
At the first UAC show about a year ago, I had a bunch of friends in from out of town that were staying at my house.  After the show was over, we were all dying to get out of there so we could go party at my place but we had to wait two hours for the band to pack up.  

Then after the second UAC show, we cleaned up everything in the hall and we were stuck waiting again.  I talked to the band and said I could either stand there tapping my foot and looking at my watch and asking them to hurry up every two minutes or they could turn off the lights and lock up after they were done loading out.  They agreed the latter would work better for everyone so that\'s what we did and everything was fine the next day.

So on Saturday night I figured we\'d do the same thing.  When I was leaving I asked the band to do a once over before they left and they said ok.

Yesterday around noon, I was asleep but I got a voicemail from Paul who is my contact at the UAC.   He is normally a very relaxed peaceful guy but he was yelling for a few minutes straight about what went down the night before.

By the time I woke up and turned on my phone it was around 4pm and I had another voicemail from him saying he went down to see it himself and was cleaning up the scene.    So I went down to check it out and help him clean up.  

Apparently some moron decided to break into the closet and take the mirrors that are used for dance classes there outside.  They dragged them all out into the snow and left them there this morning.  This was no accident.  I looked at what they would have had to go through to get them outside and it was no easy process so I\'m guessing it was more than one person.

The mirrors are worth thousands of dollars altogether.  Only one of them was broken, but others were damaged in the snow.  Hopefully I\'ll only have to replace the one.

I was going to make a post about this last night but I was so livid that I held off until I calmed down a bit.  And I was also hoping that someone was just wasted when they did this and would come forward after they sobered up and offer to reimburse me for the damages.

Needless to say, this was NOT what I wanted to have to deal with when I woke up hungover.  I was ashamed and embarrassed to be the one who was held responsible for this juvenille bullshit when I had to go down there last night and be held accountable for the damages.

Paul told me that he had no idea how much a new mirror will cost.  And I don\'t know either.  But they can\'t be cheap.  I\'m sure I\'ll find out soon enough.

He said that the lady who teaches dance gets upset about little things like chairs being left out in her way in the closet and is kind of anal about her stuff being left alone.  So now Paul is going to catch heat from her which is just not acceptable.  She also pays lots of money to him to have her classes there and keep her belongings in his closet so he\'s worried she might decide to have them somewhere else from now on after SAT.

Anyways, I don\'t want to go off on a rant.  But I\'m still in shock about this whole situation.  

The thing is...it wouldn\'t be such a big deal if it was a broken window or a busted table or something.   I know people get drunk at parties and accidents happen.  But this was different.  Someone went out of their way to do this.  And that\'s what really bothers me.

I walked out of the show on SAT thinking that I was down a few hundred bucks but I didn\'t really care.  I figured everyone had fun and that\'s what matters.   And I thought maybe I\'d throw another UAC show six months from now once I\'d saved up a bit.  Even if I ended up paying more than everyone else for these shows at least we always have a great night in a cozy venue.

But now that is obviously no longer a possibility.  We burned our bridges at the UAC.  That\'s probably what bums me out the most.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2005, 12:07:16 pm »
while the vast majority of breakfast fans I have met are all good people, there have always been a few scumbags as well.  it sucks that people have to act this way... drunk or not, there is no excuse for this behavior.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

daffodil

• http://phishhook.com/lists/antelope5
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2005, 12:16:29 pm »
could it have been someone who wasn\'t a show attendee?  it just doesn\'t make any sense to me that it was.  ugh ugh ugh

TerryOB

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2005, 12:27:40 pm »
I\'m 99.9% sure it wasn\'t the locals.  That room is normally used for club events.  It was unusual for them to rent it out to a non-member.   So it\'s not like there is a different band playing there every week and some people might have just shown up latenight to see what was going on there.

And that parking lot is not somewhere that local kids would hang out.  It\'s a private dead end street that is visible from the entrance to the highway.  So you\'d be asking for trouble if you were there without permission.

I grew up in Fairfield and know the places high school kids go on the weekends.  The UAC is not one of them.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2005, 12:31:51 pm »
Quote from: daffodil
could it have been someone who wasn\'t a show attendee?  it just doesn\'t make any sense to me that it was.  ugh ugh ugh

Yeah, it seems to me like some totally unrelated people broke in after everyone else was gone.  Melanie said that it was down to her, Matt, and the band at 2:15 and still nothing had happened.  If the people who did it broke into the closet, then they were capable of breaking into the building.  Either that or they just hid somewhere in the building after the show until everyone else had left, which seems less likely.  There\'s a very good chance that this happened early Sunday after everyone from the show had left.  It just happened to come a few hours after a Breakfast show but had nothing to do with it.  If the place was locked, Terry shouldn\'t even be responsible.  This sucks.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2005, 12:39:07 pm »
terry,once again,i feel terrible about this.it sucks that you try to do a good thing and it gets ruined.find out the total,and well see if we cant raise it for ya.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

melanie

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 01:44:43 pm »
there was a lady there early, VERY early like maybe 4pm who went into the closet next to the stage and said to us, I DONT WANT ANYBODY IN THERE.  we were the only ones there.  THEN she walked out and left the door wide open.  Matt closed it and I guess we assumed it had locked.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 02:16:41 pm »
Quote from: melanie
there was a lady there early, VERY early like maybe 4pm who went into the closet next to the stage and said to us, I DONT WANT ANYBODY IN THERE.  we were the only ones there.  THEN she walked out and left the door wide open.  Matt closed it and I guess we assumed it had locked.

the closets werent locked because me and terry went in them looking for a handtruck to load in the kegs..
either way,that dosent give anyone there any excuse to go in there for anything..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2005, 03:07:44 pm »
Wow.

That really sucks...
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2005, 04:30:39 pm »
<<<:shakes head in discussed:

If the mirrors were next to the stage,They had to have been draged out after everyone left. Because if not someone would have seen them doing it.......Why do some people have to ruin a good thing????
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig