Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-12-10 - Ukranian Hall; Southport, CT  (Read 10583 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-12-10 - Ukranian Hall; Southport, CT
« on: December 11, 2005, 03:20:55 am »
I: Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky* > May Fly Disarray > Buquebus** > Fresh Cut > Buquebus > May Fly Disarray > Dimension 5 > Scarlet Begonias, Beef Barley^, Episode 3 (Awakening) > Echidna\'s Arf (Of You) > May Fly Disarray

E: Drum intro > LDZ > Bugs, Wild Pack Of Asscracks

Various Christmas carols were teased throughout the night.

* loose wire causes sound to go in and out of the mains throughout.
** sub speaker catches fire; taken outside and extinguished.
^ with drums and guitar jam, due to problems with Ron\'s bass.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:24:29 am »
Quote from:
** sub speaker catches fire; taken outside and extinguished

hahahah!

now thats the hot shit right there!

sorry to make fun tho looks like some MAJOR technical difficulties went down.

hope it didnt spoil the show.

dobs musta been pullin clumps of afro out of his skull all night long.

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 06:11:43 am »
what the ballz

technical difficulties

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:16:30 am »
that shit sucks. i hope it was still a great show. looks it.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 10:27:08 am »
Technical difficulties = Not too big of a deal as far as the show goes, though I\'m sure that subwoofer will cost a pretty penny to replace

As a man who once stated that he didn\'t like Buquebus, I have been converted between last night and 8/20.  Ridiculous jamming.  My three lines for the night.

1.) PSYCHEDELIC BREAKFAST has reunited for one night only
2.) Fuck John Bonham
3.) I want credit for the first ever Episode 4 call-out.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 11:13:41 am »
Looks like this show must have been a trip! Amazing tune selection and despite what a pain in the ass tech diff. can be, I think these would have added a little humor to an already incredible show. (Due to the extent and number of problems that arose)

Bummer to hear a cabinet was destroyed though... it would have been cooler if it would have just exploded at the climax of Buquebus though.  Damn! They must have been shredding last night!
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

medusanyc

• break-freak
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 11:33:35 am »
show looked really good.  too bad we werent able to make it.

Holly, get better soon!!!!!

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 12:03:51 pm »
i was pretty nervous at the beginning that this show was gonna bomb.  i was wrong.

freddie put it best when he said to me, "dude, if there\'s ever a night to start getting drunk again, it\'s tonight!"
Postcount +1.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:17:56 pm »
Damn, talk about an eventful show! How do you think everything affected the recording?
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 12:39:29 pm »
That\'s right folks, Buquebus set the speakers on fire.  \'Nuff said.  But really, that Buquebus was the kick in the ass this show needed after a throw-away Fiery Ball with no vocals.  The party really started raging when people started stomping on the flaming sub and choking on transistor smoke.  Fresh Queeb sangwich was pretty damn smooth.  Actually the entire rare "double-decker palindrome" was awesome.  (Mayfly>Queeb>Fresh Cut>Queeb>Mayfly)  The other true highlight was Eppy III > Echidna\'s Arf.  Nothing like taking the nuttiest new original and pairing it with the band\'s all time greatest cover.  I can\'t wait to see how Eppy III fares in next year\'s Tournament of Tunes.  Great encore tonight, an encore with a purpose...the type of encore that picks the party right back up where it left off at the end of the show.  That\'s a big sign that it was a good night.  I feel like 95% of all encores (by any band) are played because the fans expect it.  The encore just winds down the night, with the real party clearly being over.  Tonight\'s encore felt like they had taken a routine 60 second break between songs but the party hadn\'t stopped at all.  The afterglow featured a fantastic ongoing dance party to some mysterious psychedelic music and a flawless a capella rendition of Quality Control by Dave Pec, Dobs and myself.  UAC is the place to be!  

Thanks Walsh and Madeline for having me over.  Sorry I didn\'t make it to your place Todd.

See you in Boston on 12/23, get ready for the afterparty of the century!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 12:41:42 pm by Wolfman »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
The technical problems during the opening of the show were pretty bad. I don\'t see how it could of not affected the recording. They did a great job of saving the set with Buquebus (which everyone was hungry for) and the Mayfly from then on out it was a good show despite the ugly twist of fate the band had encountered. Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the band did get a flat on the way home from Utica which caused them to rush and set up and show up late, hence the 1 set show.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 01:28:53 pm »
the recording is just fine.  the problem was in the wiring going from the board to the power amp, so the outs from the soundboard to matt\'s pro tools rig are just fine.  of course the room mics will pick up the problems, but the sbd is intact.
Postcount +1.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 01:31:48 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley

3.) I want credit for the first ever Episode 4 call-out.

sorry youngster, but I called for them to skip 3 and play episode 4 the first time I heard episode 2. You can have the first ep4 callout after ep3 had been played though. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 01:31:58 pm »
I was owned left and right... And I GET Episode 3 and see why it\'s epic. Nice meeting new faces and seeing old ones.  Now if you\'ll excuse me I need to go back to sleep because I AM HURTING!!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 01:34:23 pm »
ep3=HUGE
Postcount +1.