Author Topic: A look @ the year of 2 growing bands.  (Read 10144 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
A look @ the year of 2 growing bands. [Merged]
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 11:04:27 pm »
YOu guys who refuse to admit that the breakfast can do any wrong and bashing those who dare to say otherwise are just as lame as leith whining in my opinion.

Lets face facts.

This band rules face and 2005 was a great year for them.

This band also makes some STUPID FUCKING DECISIONS.

I\'ll take this opportunity to add another to the already long list...

Refusing to play the biggest breakfast town in NY and snub every fan in that town because they feel they are too good for a venue that is obviously small but that they have also NEVER SOLD OUT....

....STUPID FUCKING MOVE.

There is nothing wrong with saying stuff like this.

It doesnt make me any less of a fan or hurt the breakfasts reputation.

Its the stupid ass moves they make thats hurting the band, not us pointing out those stupid moves.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 11:30:36 pm »
Quote from: TreyChica
I saw TLG as openers multiple times. I fell asleep every time.  The Breakfast and UM own face beyond recognition.

Old Newb, I love Trey\'s new album, it\'s very reaffirming of the energy that\'s in him, I\'m just wondering why him and Weir would waste their times with a bunch of Cali pretty boys....  It\'s all business and it\'s all crap. iVIVA EL BREAKFAST!!!

You fell asleep? LOL you lie .TLG plays to loud to fall asleep. If they were so horrible how could you sleep. Music that is disturbing to a listener will not put them to sleep. You don\'t like them to bad for you thousands of others do.

Oh why because they see a band WORTH putting time into one that is hard working ACROSS THE NATION. And they unlike you realize TLG is talented.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 11:34:14 pm »
No, they bored me to death.. I always  hated when people compared Phish to the Dead, but I agree with ANYONE who says TLG attempts to sound like the dead.. It\'s shoddy, it\'s too americana, it\'s Diet Wilco without the semi-genius rantings of a midwestern farm boy.  I\'m just waiting for Jon Gutwillig to confront the guitarist on ripping off his hairdo....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 11:36:05 pm »
No, they bored me to death.. I always  hate when people compared Phish to the Dead, but I agree with ANYONE who says TLG attempts to sound like the dead.. It\'s shoddy, it\'s too americana, it\'s Diet Wilco without the semi-genius rantings of a midwestern farm boy.  I\'m just waiting for Jon Gutwillig to confront the guitarist on ripping off his hairdo....

That post right there confirmed to me you have no clue. Cool Now I know where you come from when you post nonsense.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 11:37:26 pm »
it\'s too americana, ...

is that possible?

leith

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 11:40:00 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie
it\'s too americana, ...

is that possible?

Yeah that is one remark that showed the cluenessness I see emerging from this persons posts.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2005, 11:45:29 pm »
Americana isn\'t good music in my book.  TLG is weak, VIVA Timmy and da Boyz....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2005, 11:50:29 pm »
Americana isn\'t good music in my book.  TLG is weak, VIVA Timmy and da Boyz....

If ever there was a time for this smilie.

:fucktard:

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2005, 12:00:55 am »
Why don\'t you go to sea world, fuck a porpoise, and get off the Breakfast board then!!!

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 12:09:53 am »
Why don\'t you go to sea world, fuck a porpoise, and get off the Breakfast board then!!!

six posts in and he\'s already throwing leith out. LMFAO.  for the record t/chic.....leith has done more to try and promote the breakfast and their interests then most of the people on this board. you can question his attitude, his beliefs or even his sexual persuasion......but you need just a bit more time at the table before you get in that line!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:15:58 am by oldnewbie »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2005, 12:23:15 am »
Sorry but he called me a fucktard....... He\'s bashing his supposed favorite band and singing the praises of one of the worst bands on the scene today.  The band can\'t magically get up and tour, they\'re humans, most of them are married, and on top of it they don\'t have a nice egg nest to work from, unlike TLG$$$$

The Breakfast=The workingman\'s band

leith

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2005, 12:30:45 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie

six posts in and he\'s already throwing leith out. LMFAO.  for the record t/chic.....leith has done more to try and promote the breakfast and their interests then most of the people on this board. you can question his attitude, his beliefs or even his sexual persuasion......but you need just a bit more time at the table to question his love of this band!

Thanx Duane. As you well know anything this person has got is NOTHING compared to what I whethered from Wah or WALSH .

TreyChica Chill the fuck out!
I think you misconstrue what Americana Music is. It is NOT folkie, or country or bluegrass. It is Original American Music. The emphasis being on AMERICAN.
 Guess what ? The Breakfast are both Original and American (though Italy has a say). The Basis of alot of rock and roll is considered Americana. What you probably meant was TLG sound too much like the music The Dead produced in their Workingman\'s Dead/ American Beauty era. Which is very countryish. They may have some of that due to the fact that they are from the same place as many of the artists like Grateful Dead, San Francisco. They are a totally different band than The Breakfast and are my 2nd favorite band. You take a guess which is my Favorite?

As for the style they play it is not East Coast hard energy but if you do not think they rock you may need to see someone about that ADD.

Sorry but he called me a fucktard....... He\'s bashing his supposed favorite band and singing the praises of one of the worst bands on the scene today.  The band can\'t magically get up and tour, they\'re humans, most of them are married, and on top of it they don\'t have a nice egg nest to work from, unlike TLG$$$$

The Breakfast=The workingman\'s band

Well cry baby waaahhh Whatever. As far as you thinking TLG sux that\'s cool but  it does not dismiss the fact that they are making it with talent.

Oh and a workingman\'s band is what TLG is dumbass they tour constantly!

That is alot harder than kicking it around town doing side projects and then playing the same places locally. A week tour of 3-4 cities is not a tour just cause it was in the midwest.
Be real Treychica. You may not like TLG but not everyone likes The Breakfast. I say too bad for them but I also think you are missing the boat on TLG oh well different strokes...
 The Bfast rule we agree there and let it rest.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2005, 12:35:50 am »
I don\'t think The Breakfast are Americana, nope, they\'re progressive funk fusion.  East Coast hard energy is where it\'s at. Faces owned, pants wet with piss.  Tea Leaf Green are crappy, plain and simple.... And Americana is considered a fusion of rock with country, bluegrass and folk........ hoo haa bumpkin shit if you ask me... Owning face is the only way to go.  Breakfast fans for energy and ownage, Tea Leaf Green fans for Q-Tips that they so desperately need.

Yeah they dont work as hard as the breakfast. My point is they had starting $$$$ and TB didn\'t, it makes a HELLA huge difference when it comes to touring!!

leith

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005, 12:40:27 am »
I don\'t think The Breakfast are Americana, nope, they\'re progressive funk fusion.  East Coast hard energy is where it\'s at. Faces owned, pants wet with piss.  Tea Leaf Green are crappy, plain and simple.... And Americana is considered a fusion of rock with country, bluegrass and folk........ hoo haa bumpkin shit if you ask me... Owning face is the only way to go.  Breakfast fans for energy and ownage, Tea Leaf Green fans for Q-Tips that they so desperately need.

You are confused. Your definition of Americana is as narrow as I suspect many of your views.
You are the type of fan that will do more harm than good by trashing other bands.  I have supported The Breakfast more than you will ever know and am glad for ANY new fan of the band but tell you what. You think East coast energy blah blah is gonna make it ? No. That is why The Breakfast are learning to play slower more melodic compositions as they want to appeal to more than narrow mined east coasters like yourself. The y still RAGE LIKE BULLS IN A CHINA SHOP but are learning you can\'t force it down people\'s throats and expect to make it.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2005, 12:41:20 am »
your on a roll chica....if you haven\'t figured it out yet  leith will always try to have the last word so you may want to just leave it at that face owning and call it a night ;)