Author Topic: A look @ the year of 2 growing bands.  (Read 10146 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
A look @ the year of 2 growing bands. [Merged]
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2005, 12:25:22 am »
todd came up to me and greg ellis with jordo while we were eating at nectar\'s and introduced himself to me.  He was a pretty nice guy, couldn\'t really understand where all the negative comments were comin from.  just goes to show you can\'t take other people\'s opinons to heart
*Gia*

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2005, 10:21:02 am »
can everyone leave igzy alone/? he made a booboo but he doesn\'t deserve to continuously get shit for it.

Quote from: Blackieshamps
Yo wtf I want some Zappa rehearsal discs!  im not a big famous pianoboy but do you think you could hook me up?  damn you and leith are both tryin to get all over his cock.
make me a copy if you ever get the discs.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2005, 11:23:37 am »
^^^^^^^  
   greg wasn\'t the only one who said something negative........i actually got the vibe from the other posts
*Gia*

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2005, 01:18:16 pm »
She
Nan
I
Gans!!!!!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2005, 04:29:38 pm »
"i dont need any shit from anyone. nip tuck is a great show. even todd stoops watches it."  maybe the best post i have ever read on any message board, also that show is beasters

AD is where it\'s at

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2005, 05:16:22 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
can everyone leave igzy alone/? he made a booboo but he doesn\'t deserve to continuously get shit for it.

thanks holly.  glad to know you\'re on my team.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #231 on: January 01, 2006, 10:45:19 pm »
I accompanied Leith to the Tea Leaf Green show in S.F. on Friday night.  It was my first time hanging with Leith and TLG, both controversial subjects on .info.;)  

Now that I have seen the band (in their home stomping grounds I might add), I\'m in a better position to add my thoughts on their music.  

I didn\'t really dig their songs and thought there was a homogenous sound for most of the night, with the exception of \'Garden 2\'.

However, once they broke out of the formal compositions, I really enjoyed their jamming and would love to hear more.  They did a great job employing lighting effects and shifting momentum to strengthen the performance.  

The most talented musician is undoubtedly Trevor, the keyboard shredder.  He\'s really fun to watch and hear.  

I was really unimpressed with the Tea Leaf fanbase (even Leith made a similar comment, and he\'s a TLG hardcore).  The energy and family vibe of a Breakfast show was nowhere to be found.  Leith has referenced a TLG board that lacks all the ballbreaking and special, quirky personalities found on .info.  Most of the people in attendance did not seem fun and approachable either, another turnoff.  Aside from Leith\'s reactions/enjoyment, there appeared to be few signs of "Ser face ownage".    

I\'d probably consider going to a second show at a later date to see if the songs grab me the second time around, though I would only go if in the company of others that are into TLG.

TLG definitely added an additional layer (and I\'ve got hundreds already) of love for The Breakfast + B fam.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 10:48:10 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #232 on: January 02, 2006, 11:44:12 pm »
I am calling shenanigans on the merge of AlZ\'s post about going to the TLG show with Leith with Leith\'s thread about TLG and the Breakfast......

bad merge.confirmed
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #233 on: January 02, 2006, 11:59:24 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
I am calling shenanigans on the merge of AlZ\'s post about going to the TLG show with Leith with Leith\'s thread about TLG and the Breakfast......

bad merge.confirmed

My post wasn\'t merged, a second thread that was spawned by this thread was merged into it when this discussion broke out last month.  I just added my TLG comments to the existing thread yesterday.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2006, 12:02:07 am »
ahhhh...then i recall my previous post and say carry on as you were....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Whathefunk

« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2006, 01:35:44 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Stephengencs

bad merge.confirmed

My post wasn\'t merged, a second thread that was spawned by this thread was merged into it when this discussion broke out last month.  I just added my TLG comments to the existing thread yesterday.

not a bad merge just a poorly placed post.....shoulda been posted in my "Tea Leith Green" thread ;)