Author Topic: A look @ the year of 2 growing bands.  (Read 10145 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
A look @ the year of 2 growing bands. [Merged]
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 09:55:17 pm »
Some people can never be pleased.  They\'ve been destroying show after show after show and fan after fan after fan for quite some time now.  They just played a Midwest run that all seemed to have brought in more fans than the show they played in their homestate upon their return, yet still you can find something worth complaining about.  If the Breakfast want to travel at their own pace, then who are we to argue w/ them.  Its their lifes and livelihoods and yes, of course we all want to see them succeed, but I\'d hate to sacrifice some of the good things we have now(Timmy Tour, constant other side projects, a band that cares about their fanbase and doesn\'t act like they have a giant cock up their ass now that they\'ve gained some attention a la Todd Stoops does.  You gotta take the bad w/ the good, and at this point, the good is head and shoulders more worth it than a few complaints we can dig up.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 09:58:59 pm »
TLG=horrible band
TB=Unfucking real, honest to god musicians sent to us from the heavens.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 10:01:47 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: galenas

It was just recently mentioned that Crescendo is working to pair Breakfast with New Monsoon in the coming months.

Really? Where did this news come from? That would be a great for the Bfast and the fans.

Mentioned by Steffmo in another thread, most likely found in the "What is wrong with this picture" thread.

I hope the Breakfast be headlining these shows.  New Monsoon is aiight, but surely nothing to write home about.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 10:05:42 pm »
wasn\'t new monsoon one of the bands that pb beat out for new groove of the year?  am i mistaken about that?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 10:22:53 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Some people can never be pleased.  They\'ve been destroying show after show after show and fan after fan after fan for quite some time now.  They just played a Midwest run that all seemed to have brought in more fans than the show they played in their homestate upon their return, yet still you can find something worth complaining about.  If the Breakfast want to travel at their own pace, then who are we to argue w/ them.  Its their lifes and livelihoods and yes, of course we all want to see them succeed, but I\'d hate to sacrifice some of the good things we have now(Timmy Tour, constant other side projects, a band that cares about their fanbase and doesn\'t act like they have a giant cock up their ass now that they\'ve gained some attention a la Todd Stoops does.  You gotta take the bad w/ the good, and at this point, the good is head and shoulders more worth it than a few complaints we can dig up.

You don\'t want to give up Timmy Tour and constant side projects. Weak.
 I would take 5 min of The Breakfast in full jam than any of the side projects which are ONLY FOR LOCAL FANS! So you tell me how is THAT caring for their fanbase? Turning down Bfast gigs for solo Projects How is that caring for Bfast fans?
 You really think that little of them that you think they would turn into assholes once they have gained attention? Come On.
I\'ll be happy on 12/9 and 12/10 and then I will bask in that for the rest of the year and I\'ll start bitching again when it hits me that They STILL have not made it out here(sometime in Feb. probably).

Quote from: galenas

It was just recently mentioned that Crescendo is working to pair Breakfast with New Monsoon in the coming months.

Really? Where did this news come from? That would be a great for the Bfast and the fans.

Mentioned by Steffmo in another thread, most likely found in the "What is wrong with this picture" thread.

I hope the Breakfast be headlining these shows.  New Monsoon is aiight, but surely nothing to write home about.

I highly doubt The Breakfast will be headlining over a NATIONAL TOURING ACT. Maybe if they play in Ct. together.

Quote from: TreyChica
TLG=horrible band
TB=Unfucking real, honest to god musicians sent to us from the heavens.

The guys in TLG are really great guys and to say they are horrible is silly.
I do not think Trey or Bob Weir would be seen on stage w/ them if they were horrible. Come On!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 10:37:24 pm »
TLG= weaksauce, circular playing, that weak west coast soft groove. Fluffy beach music..... not even.  Give me a Tribal Funk any day!!!  

And If I\'m not mistakened Trey and Bob Weir have both been battling with drug addiction the past few years so it doesn\'t suprise me that their ears are filled with excessive amounts of wax.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 10:45:03 pm »
Quote from: leith

I would take 5 min of The Breakfast in full jam than any of the side projects which are ONLY FOR LOCAL FANS! So you tell me how is THAT caring for their fanbase? Turning down Bfast gigs for solo Projects How is that caring for Bfast fans?
 You really think that little of them that you think they would turn into assholes once they have gained attention? Come On.
I\'ll be happy on 12/9 and 12/10 and then I will bask in that for the rest of the year and I\'ll start bitching again when it hits me that They STILL have not made it out here(sometime in Feb. probably).

It shows that Tim cares about his \'core\' fanbase while the rest of the band are content to spend a few nights w/ their wives/girlfriends or what have you.  Turning down Breakfast gigs for solo projects?  so what are you talking about here?  Porter\'s?  Sorry, but after the drum and bass gig, most the fans there along w/ the two band members and sound man were pretty much all in agreement that the place isn\'t nearly as suited to Breakfast shows as it once was.  Hell, it barely was before as can be seen by the madness that went down at the final show there, no one missed out on that one.  And did I say that I thought they\'d change that way?  Nope.  Hell, moe. brings in a lot more fans than bands like UM and Raq combined, but their bandmembers are more down to earth and chill than either of those.  With the skills Tim possesses, nothing is holding him back from being a holier than thou fuckwad right now, but we all know better than that.  you try to hard to find points to argue when I\'m not even insinuating such things.  Get a grip boss.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 10:47:13 pm »
What went down at the last Porter\'s show?

leith

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 10:48:44 pm »
TLG= weaksauce, circular playing, that weak west coast soft groove. Fluffy beach music..... not even.  Give me a Tribal Funk any day!!!  

And If I\'m not mistakened Trey and Bob Weir have both been battling with drug addiction the past few years so it doesn\'t suprise me that their ears are filled with excessive amounts of wax.

Yeah that\'s why they are opening for Gov\'t Mule starting this week. Warren is a sucker for weak west coast soft grooves. So what is your sad excuse if Warren plays w/ them, which will happen. I don\'t hear anyone calling him out for drug use.
 Keep up the Breakfast fan line of they are so good no one else is they should be bigger but why do I only see them in little bars and clubs? Oh they are TOO GOOD that\'s why. pffft

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 10:52:19 pm »
That\'s cause Warren Haynes sucks and is an alcoholic.  The Breakfast have had too many curved balls tossed their way, it\'s just a matter of time until the masses start to get IT!  I love Umphrey\'s and RAQ is decent (at least when they cover Zappa), but TLG is the sorriest excuse of a bunch of musicians I\'ve ever seen/  They\'re better suited for American Idol...

leith

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 10:53:49 pm »
Quote from: leith

It shows that Tim cares about his \'core\' fanbase while the rest of the band are content to spend a few nights w/ their wives/girlfriends or what have you.  Turning down Breakfast gigs for solo projects?  so what are you talking about here?  Porter\'s?  Sorry, but after the drum and bass gig, most the fans there along w/ the two band members and sound man were pretty much all in agreement that the place isn\'t nearly as suited to Breakfast shows as it once was.  Hell, it barely was before as can be seen by the madness that went down at the final show there, no one missed out on that one.  And did I say that I thought they\'d change that way?  Nope.  Hell, moe. brings in a lot more fans than bands like UM and Raq combined, but their bandmembers are more down to earth and chill than either of those.  With the skills Tim possesses, nothing is holding him back from being a holier than thou fuckwad right now, but we all know better than that.  you try to hard to find points to argue when I\'m not even insinuating such things.  Get a grip boss.

Steffmo said they turned down a BREAKFAST opening gig for DTB to play solo projects that\'s where. Read it helps. He even posted a remark to the effect that he did not know what people were thinking sometimes. Even HE thinks the gig should have been taken!  Read!!!
As for the insinuation YOU put it there in your misguided attempt to talk shit on Stoops.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2005, 10:54:08 pm »

oh my! comes out jabbing in post #1 and swinging away with #2. IMO...i like the breakfast a lot more than tlg....but i still think that tlg is a great band that i plan to explore some more. i think they are also a fair band to compare the breakfast to, not for talent or music, but for business and progress. we can also discuss the talent and music but my points would center around the breakfasts strong points which i personally think are unmatched in many respects, rather than demeaning an obviously talented band with a great future. that\'s just me though. i\'m not going to address your second point there. i\'m gonna chalk it up to exuberance and walk away. welcome to the board though!

leith

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 10:55:11 pm »
That\'s cause Warren Haynes sucks and is an alcoholic.  The Breakfast have had too many curved balls tossed their way, it\'s just a matter of time until the masses start to get IT!  I love Umphrey\'s and RAQ is decent (at least when they cover Zappa), but TLG is the sorriest excuse of a bunch of musicians I\'ve ever seen/  They\'re better suited for American Idol...

Cool you keep thinking that and when The Bfast is opening for them remember to get there early the opener only gets about an hour.

Oh wait that won\'t happen \'cause there will probably be a Boomers show or something and The Breakfast won\'t take the gig.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 10:58:32 pm »
That\'s cause Warren Haynes is an alcoholic.

aren\'t we all some weekends!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 10:59:55 pm »
I saw TLG as openers multiple times. I fell asleep every time.  The Breakfast and UM own face beyond recognition.

Old Newb, I love Trey\'s new album, it\'s very reaffirming of the energy that\'s in him, I\'m just wondering why him and Weir would waste their times with a bunch of Cali pretty boys....  It\'s all business and it\'s all crap. iVIVA EL BREAKFAST!!!