Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 3242 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 10:44:00 pm »
Late night in the City with b\'fast would have been a lovely Thanksgiving treat.

Do any of the other artists on Crescendo play NYC on a regular basis? Perhaps one that they can play a post-show late night gig from time to time?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Black Friday
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 10:36:50 am »
Quote from: davepeck
i\'m that guy...

i think this will be the 5th year in a row i\'ll be waking up at 3am, and driving up to holyoke mass to get in line at best buy @ the holyoke mall.. they open at 6am.. best buy > target > mall > compusa > curcuit city > home > bed. paul\'s making the trek up with me this year..

Something special about that Best Buy?  Cause they just opened one here in Danbury this week.  Might be a little closer

Black Fri and I am now @ work, luckily not a "regular" retail establishment, working @ a natural food store we\'ll be dead today, slammed the last 3 or 4 days though, painfully dead maybe.....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Black Friday
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 11:51:00 am »
damn a black thurs and friday. after getting 2 hours of sleep at hotel tka on weds, i ended up passing out on the couch for a loooonnngg time at family friend\'s place after the thanksgiving meal..infront of everyone..
somehow i am getting talked to go into nyc shopping today..i don\'t know if i will ever get to GTB tonight or whether or not my head will fall off on sunday when i have to make the pilgrimage down south through the worst traffic of the year...

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
Black Friday
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 01:11:26 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
on sunday when i have to make the pilgrimage down south through the worst traffic of the year...

Thanks gonna suck mama, I left Todd\'s @ 8:30ish didnt get back home till 2:30...Saw 6 people off the road in VT.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
Black Friday
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 05:31:13 pm »
I run a Blockbuster Video (so if anyone needs a hookup with discounts for x-mas let me know). I worked a double yesterday (thanksgiving) 9am-midnight, and then opened the store this morning. It was absolutly nuts.....crazy people running all over the place, kids screaming and crying....black friday really is the worst day of the year for people who work retail. falling asleep as i\'m wirting this so hopefully i make it to GTB tonight, havn\'t missed a GTB show in a year!
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Black Friday
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 06:26:40 pm »
when black friday comes,im gonna dig myself a hole.im gonna lay down in it till i satisfy me soul.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Black Friday
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 06:36:28 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht
when black friday comes,im gonna dig myself a hole.im gonna lay down in it till i satisfy me soul.

Thanks for that encore performance, Steeley Wah.

Here\'s my rendition, "when black friday comes, I\'m gonna rock out to PB tunes at my desk because I\'m bored and have nothing to do."
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »
I forgot that you are still in the office. Aren\'t you?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Black Friday
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 07:07:35 pm »
Quote from: Spacey

Yup, though I\'m ready to bounce outta here a little early.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 07:42:50 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Spacey

Yup, though I\'m ready to bounce outta here a little early.

well, it is Friday...

Have a nice weekend.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Black Friday
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 09:38:54 pm »
Quote from: Me!
Quote from: davepeck
i\'m that guy...

i think this will be the 5th year in a row i\'ll be waking up at 3am, and driving up to holyoke mass to get in line at best buy @ the holyoke mall.. they open at 6am.. best buy > target > mall > compusa > curcuit city > home > bed. paul\'s making the trek up with me this year..

Something special about that Best Buy?  Cause they just opened one here in Danbury this week.  Might be a little closer

Black Fri and I am now @ work, luckily not a "regular" retail establishment, working @ a natural food store we\'ll be dead today, slammed the last 3 or 4 days though, painfully dead maybe.....

Since Dave probably died in a psycho-shopper trampling today, I will answer your question.  Yes, said Best Buy is bigger than most and also tends to have fewer shoppers, being located in Western MA as opposed to CT.  Too bad they opened at 6 though, the ones in Eastern MA opened at 5.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Black Friday
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 06:58:31 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Too bad they opened at 6 though, the ones in Eastern MA opened at 5.

And so did all of the others! I claim rookie mistake status, but at year 5 doing this, dave had no excuse and kicked hiself about it for quite a while. We noticed as we were driving past a best buy at 5:15 in northern CT and saw people walking in already. Lines were what you\'d expect but we missed out on some of the hot deals. There is nothing specifically special about that best buy according to dave, it\'s just that when he started this tradition 5 years ago, there were no best buys in ct so that was the closest one. Now he\'s just used to going there because he knows the place so well. Also, mass has %5 sales tax instead of %6 in CT, which does make a difference when your spending alot of money.

I have to give dave praise, he\'s a pro when it comes to shopping. It\'s all about doing your homework and knowing what stores have the best deals and rebates at what time and hitting them up. No one is better than dave at that. There were not that many great deals this year, but I\'d definetly do it again.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kyndkate

• Vicious.
Black Friday
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
I spent 11 hours at the bank yesterday. I\'ve never dished out so much cash in my life! People were lined up 3-4 deep in all 6 lanes of the drive thru at 8:15 am (we open at 9). I handed out $12,000 in cash in about 45 minutes. After noon, we were dead.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Black Friday
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa

And so did all of the others! I claim rookie mistake status, but at year 5 doing this, dave had no excuse and kicked hiself about it for quite a while. We noticed as we were driving past a best buy at 5:15 in northern CT and saw people walking in already. Lines were what you\'d expect but we missed out on some of the hot deals. There is nothing specifically special about that best buy according to dave, it\'s just that when he started this tradition 5 years ago, there were no best buys in ct so that was the closest one. Now he\'s just used to going there because he knows the place so well. Also, mass has %5 sales tax instead of %6 in CT, which does make a difference when your spending alot of money.

I have to give dave praise, he\'s a pro when it comes to shopping. It\'s all about doing your homework and knowing what stores have the best deals and rebates at what time and hitting them up. No one is better than dave at that. There were not that many great deals this year, but I\'d definetly do it again.

get a room,guy...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Black Friday
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2005, 03:39:49 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht
Quote from: FrankZappa

get a room,guy...

Get a cart!