Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 3241 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« on: November 24, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
SSIA

What are your plans for Black Friday???

Anyone going shopping at the ass-crack of dawn?

Does anyone have to work?

Is anyone going to just sit around all day?

When I was in college, I worked at KB Toys in the North Dartmouth Mall for the holiday season. I had to work a Black Friday, once, and it was absolutely insane. Had to be at work for 6am and work till 6pm. Watched mothers fight with other mothers for a \'Tickle Me Elmo\'. People become fucking nuts on this day.

I, myself, have to work tomorrow all day. Not bad, got a paid holiday today, which is nice. Also, my first paycheck comes in tomorrow so I am more then willing and please to head into the office.

WOO-HOO
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 09:44:06 pm »
going to the city for the next two nights for moe. staying down there on friday night so we can rage all night. had to take a vacation day to do it. sorry to miss the gtb\'s, but......

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:50:04 pm »
Where is moe. playing in the city?

Should be a great time. However, I imagine the city will be quite a little bussle tomorrow and the rest of the holiday season.

davepeck

• Administrator
Black Friday
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 09:50:41 pm »
i\'m that guy...

i think this will be the 5th year in a row i\'ll be waking up at 3am, and driving up to holyoke mass to get in line at best buy @ the holyoke mall.. they open at 6am.. best buy > target > mall > compusa > curcuit city > home > bed. paul\'s making the trek up with me this year..

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Black Friday
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 09:55:07 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Where is moe. playing in the city?

Should be a great time. However, I imagine the city will be quite a little bussle tomorrow and the rest of the holiday season.

roseland (love that proper use of the .)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 09:55:39 pm »
I was talking to FrankZappa a little last night and he mentioned that the two fo you will be making the trek to MA for some shopping.

Is that mall packed with people who you just want to knock out?

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Black Friday
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 09:56:17 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
i\'m that guy...

i think this will be the 5th year in a row i\'ll be waking up at 3am, and driving up to holyoke mass to get in line at best buy @ the holyoke mall.. they open at 6am.. best buy > target > mall > compusa > curcuit city > home > bed. paul\'s making the trek up with me this year..

resting up for your gig i see ;)  (very sorry i\'m not going to be there!!)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 10:00:12 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie
i\'m that guy...

ha ha

I forgot all about that.

Dave, you going to make it through this gig tomorrow night? Actually, you have a pretty busy weekend, no? GTB on Friday, of course after your day of shopping, then, The New Boomers on Saturday.

Going to be a good weekend anyway you dice it.

davepeck

• Administrator
Black Friday
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 10:06:41 pm »
I was talking to FrankZappa a little last night and he mentioned that the two fo you will be making the trek to MA for some shopping.

Is that mall packed with people who you just want to knock out?

yeah, but the thing is, you gotta go in there knowing how it\'s gonna be.. i know exactly what i\'m getting into.. there\'s usually a good 500-600 people in line before the doors open.. when they open, it becomes a madhouse.. i actually love seeing people piss and moan about long lines.. wtf did you expect? you\'re not outsmarting anyone by getting there early. get over it..

me? i hate crowds/people/etc.. but i put it all aside on this one day per year.. you won\'t catch me in a store after tomorrow until mid-late january.

heh.. yeah, well i\'m sure i\'ll be doing some hardcore napping tomorrow afternoon.. don\'t you worry!

ha ha

I forgot all about that.

Dave, you going to make it through this gig tomorrow night? Actually, you have a pretty busy weekend, no? GTB on Friday, of course after your day of shopping, then, The New Boomers on Saturday.

Going to be a good weekend anyway you dice it.

well, tomorrow night may be rough, but at least saturday i\'ll be hidden behind the drums, so i can probably doze off for a bit without anyone noticing.. ;)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 10:07:09 pm »
that is true. it is all a mind set. if I learned one thing from touring with Phish it is patience. Lines, Lines and more Lines, nicely engulfed by crowds.

I love when people bitch about stuff they know would happen.

Either way, have a fun day.

davepeck

• Administrator
Black Friday
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 10:08:12 pm »
though this thread has been a nice reminder that i should probably go to bed, so.. yeah.. i think i\'ll do that..

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 10:09:07 pm »

well, tomorrow night may be rough, but at least saturday i\'ll be hidden behind the drums, so i can probably doze off for a bit without anyone noticing.. ;)

that would be classic.

you should get one of those helmets that lets you put beer cans on the side. then you can sip beer, play drums and sleep.

though this thread has been a nice reminder that i should probably go to bed, so.. yeah.. i think i\'ll do that..

anything I can do to help ya...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Black Friday
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 10:32:52 pm »
i\'m that guy...

I forgot all about the annual Pecoraro pilgrimage.  

Spacey, I\'ll be at work, though my boss will be gone so I\'m going to grant myself a vacation day in the office (translation: I\'m spending the day on .info).  Long lunchbreak taking my old skateboard along the beach too!

I worked at J.C. Penney in the Dartmouth mall on Black Friday as a high schooler, though it wasn\'t as crazy as it was hyped to be that year.

heh.. yeah, well i\'m sure i\'ll be doing some hardcore napping tomorrow afternoon.. don\'t you worry!

I don\'t  think he\'ll be worried about your gig while attending Moe NYC.

;)  ;)
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Black Friday
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 10:34:36 pm »
I think the toy store was little bit more hectic due to the overwhelming demand for those annual "gotta-have or die toys" that mothers will do anything to get there kids, who only after a few hours never want to see/play with the toy again.

I can see how J.C. Penny\'s might not be as crazy. That mall is real small too, well, compared to Taunton a few miles away.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
Black Friday
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 10:41:42 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
i\'m that guy...

I forgot all about the annual Pecoraro pilgrimage.  

Spacey, I\'ll be at work, though my boss will be gone so I\'m going to grant myself a vacation day in the office (translation: I\'m spending the day on .info).  Long lunchbreak taking my old skateboard along the beach too!

I worked at J.C. Penney in the Dartmouth mall on Black Friday as a high schooler, though it wasn\'t as crazy as it was hyped to be that year.

I don\'t  think he\'ll be worried about your gig while attending Moe NYC.

;)  ;)

no...i won\'t....but i will be thinking "why is there not a late night breakfast show in the city this weekend?" friday night there is bp,zilla and u-melt. i don\'t know about saturday but i\'m sure there is something. i say again  "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?"