Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-11-18 - Edmond Town Hall Theatre; Newtown, CT  (Read 10741 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 2005-11-18 - Edmond Town Hall Theatre; Newtown, CT
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 05:32:25 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
highlight: tim on drums, already possibly looking the goofiest i\'ve ever seen him, reaching back for the mic to sing at the end of VT Song, getting tangled up in the stand, fighting it off, and knocking it to the ground. :lol::thumbsup:

Classic TPalms goofiness right there......
Watching Timmy on the skins could possibly the funniest and most entertaining thing I have seen at a live show.

The little guy with the hat.....though he was a bit reserved on the strat during VT Song, there were a couple of moments where he took off into ser licks....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2005, 05:37:55 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
highlight: tim on drums, already possibly looking the goofiest i\'ve ever seen him, reaching back for the mic to sing at the end of VT Song, getting tangled up in the stand, fighting it off, and knocking it to the ground. :lol::thumbsup:

Classic TPalms goofiness right there......
Watching Timmy on the skins could possibly the funniest and most entertaining thing I have seen at a live show.

The little guy with the hat.....though he was a bit reserved on the strat during VT Song, there were a couple of moments where he took off into ser licks....

funny Hightlight:  Adrian walking under tim\'s mic during vermont song.
Didn\'t realize how short he was compared to tim. Just looked funny.
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 04:01:22 am »
completely agree with spacey here.. it may sound insane to say that this show lacked energy, with songs like DMB, TONT, DB, and MV on the setlist, but i felt it just wasn\'t there.. maybe because of the enormous room that hardly had any people in it, and the fact that after a few cheers, there was DEAD silence in between songs... you could actually hear yourself breathe.. while ellis made good with what he had, they were only dark reds and blues, which i think also contributed to the energy level being low..

just a weird, weird show.

excellent description. thats too bad, cuz the setlist was very nice as always. spacey, your bar has definitely been set real high.. guarantee if a noob wandered in and had the appreciation capabilities, hed be floored by a \'bad show.\'
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
my musical highlight: Coma! SER fuckin coma fri night
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 03:39:11 pm »
Now just WHY did Ellis not have his lights? Gencs mentioned a power issue but I find it hard to believe a theatre even a small one could not handle 5 dj scan 250\'s.

As far as the show on disc it is SMOKIN\'!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doughboy WHAT!!!!!!!!! Talk about energy FLOWING!!! I love the sound the guys have in a theatre(that has a decent PA). You can tell they will need little time to adjust to bigger rooms. I think Dobs will need more time than them. LOL The spacey quality to their recent jams is heard in all it\'s glory on this recording thanx to the acoustics it seems and of course the stellar diligence(sp?) of the taper. I cannot wait until I get to the 2nd set.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 03:54:23 pm »
The room had excellent quality sound. Maybe, I was taken back by the quality of sound and was listening to them differently. I\'ll have to give a listen to the disc and see how I feel about. I may have just had a bad night and just didn\'t connect. It\'s possible.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 04:31:20 pm »
Quote from: leith
Now just WHY did Ellis not have his lights? Gencs mentioned a power issue but I find it hard to believe a theatre even a small one could not handle 5 dj scan 250\'s.

he didnt use his lights because there was only one power circuit for everything, when they usually have 2 or 3.  the one power circuit was using power from 5 different rooms or something.
*Gia*

leith

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 04:34:24 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
The room had excellent quality sound. Maybe, I was taken back by the quality of sound and was listening to them differently. I\'ll have to give a listen to the disc and see how I feel about. I may have just had a bad night and just didn\'t connect. It\'s possible.

Well after listening to this show w/ a very satisfying Gravity sandwich and ending w/ possibly the most FUCKIN\' AMAZING MOOBOO\'S JAM I have ever heard into a monster in the making Awakening, I would say maybe you\'re just a bit jaded. :)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 04:39:14 pm »
i\'m listening to it now, so i\'ll give a more jaded opinion on it once i\'m done.

leith

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2005, 04:49:58 pm »
Quote from: bezerker

he didnt use his lights because there was only one power circuit for everything, when they usually have 2 or 3.  the one power circuit was using power from 5 different rooms or something.

That is weaksauce. That place is either really old or their electrician is.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 05:29:11 pm »
That place is that old.

I never said the show sucked or it was terrible. I simply said that I was not all impressed by the show. Outside of my opinion, the band played a good set, however, the musical experience that I had previousily felt a prior b\'fast shows, wasn\'t there.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2005, 05:36:10 pm »
the sound is pretty good, yeah, but where is the crowd?  it sounds like they\'re playing to a half a dozen mute people.  maybe the few of those that did make it were exhausted from the show in NH the night before, but it sounds like its just lacking that overall rowdiness and energy that I love about the Breakfast crowd.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2005, 05:43:52 pm »
The spacey quality to their recent jams is heard in all it\'s glory on this recording thanx to the acoustics it seems and of course the stellar diligence(sp?) of the taper.

i had a lot of setup options to choose from, but the recording location was pretty limited to the balcony rail (pretty much the only spot to be dead center, due to the center isle on the floor)..

i didn\'t think it would be a good idea to run my 483s (hypers) up there.. dobs brought his 414s for me to use, but i knew mike was gonna be there with his (though we could have used different patterns).. in the end, i decided to go with dobs\' cardioid NT5s; pairing them up for the first time with my DMIC-20.. i was definitely happy with the result.. pretty damn good for a pair of $400 mics..

Quote from: Igziabeher
the sound is pretty good, yeah, but where is the crowd?  it sounds like they\'re playing to a half a dozen mute people.  maybe the few of those that did make it were exhausted from the show in NH the night before, but it sounds like its just lacking that overall rowdiness and energy that I love about the Breakfast crowd.

yep. see my comments earlier in the thread. you really could hear yourself breathing in between songs..

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 05:53:53 pm »
The spacey quality to their recent jams is heard in all it\'s glory on this recording thanx to the acoustics it seems and of course the stellar diligence(sp?) of the taper.

i had a lot of setup options to choose from, but the recording location was pretty limited to the balcony rail (pretty much the only spot to be dead center, due to the center isle on the floor)..

i didn\'t think it would be a good idea to run my 483s (hypers) up there.. dobs brought his 414s for me to use, but i knew mike was gonna be there with his (though we could have used different patterns).. in the end, i decided to go with dobs\' cardoid NT5s; pairing them up for the first time with my DMIC-20.. i was definitely happy with the result.. pretty damn good for a pair of $400 mics..

Quote from: Igziabeher

yep. see my comments earlier in the thread. you really could hear yourself breathing in between songs..

I did run a different pattern if u recall. I decided to last minute runs Mid - Side . First time I ever have and the results are interesting. I mised the first 2 minutes or so messing with levels and i thought i was rolling. oh well. Not sure if I will seed it because it is incomplete but the sound is pretty good in that place
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:53 pm »
the mooboos jam was really the highlight of the show for me..
the little dude with the hat just kept kickin it up and kickin it up.
i think it was a tough show for folks who did thu>fri because thu was that damn good.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set