Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-11-18 - Edmond Town Hall Theatre; Newtown, CT  (Read 10742 times)

ChiefBennyhaha

• dancing guy
Setlist: 2005-11-18 - Edmond Town Hall Theatre; Newtown, CT
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 02:46:31 pm »
Like Mad Ser! Where\'s the support in there, I\'m throwing down while everbody looks on. Really if there\'s going to be a town hall jam at least make use of The available space. I at least saw some people trying, unlike the whole left side of the stage, lame.....anybody can watch a show standing still. Try it in the midst of a cosmic seizure. Til next time.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 03:00:06 pm »
word.  i\'m used to goin\' to moe. shows where at least half of their non outdoor shows are in theaters, so its nothing new to me.  i kinda like it, especially if i have good seats.  i can see it being weird at a breakfast show though, since there is never an issue w/ being able to get up front.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 03:08:36 pm »
It was good and diffrent all at the same time
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 03:10:46 pm »
I can say that I wasn\'t very impressed with last evenings show.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 03:23:20 pm »
Definitely cool to see the band on a proper stage.  They couldn\'t handle the power needed to run Ellis\' lights but the house lights (above the stage as well as in the stage) were run masterfully by Johnny Upstate.....  The sound was rich and full....

It was a good idea but poorly planned fundraiser for WPKN.  It would have been a better suited venue for other genras of music that the listener supported station plays.

We rocked out the front all night long.  It was a weird and wonderful night....

All in all it was a classic Breakfast 2 night run.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 03:58:11 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs
They couldn\'t handle the power needed to run Ellis\' lights but the house lights (above the stage as well as in the stage) were run masterfully by Johnny Upstate

? What kind of power issue?

Quote from: Spacey

Why?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 04:06:31 pm »
Quote from: leith

Why?

I am speaking for myself here. There wasn\'t anything that really grabbed me last night. Not saying it wasn\'t a good show but, nothing really made me say wow. The setlist looks good on paper.

I felt that there was a lack of energy. Perhaps it was the poor turnout. I don\'t know. I just left there and wasn\'t really blown away.

Honestly, I don\'t what it was missing but I just wasn\'t satisfied.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 04:12:32 pm »

Why?

I am speaking for myself here. There wasn\'t anything that really grabbed me last night. Not saying it wasn\'t a good show but, nothing really made me say wow. The setlist looks good on paper.

I felt that there was a lack of energy. Perhaps it was the poor turnout. I don\'t know. I just left there and wasn\'t really blown away.

that makes sense.  normally at least once per show there is a moment that makes me say \'whoa\'  \'holy shit\'  \'are you ser?\' etc.  a mediocre show every now and then can be tolerated though, they are only human.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 04:21:43 pm »

Why?

Hey it happens. When you see a band so much they are bound to play a show that was merely good. I saw a few GD shows even where I had a blast and the band played well but I left thinking well there\'s the next show.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 04:59:52 pm »
exactly. they are human and they did play well, but my level of satisfaction is probably higher due to the amounts of time I have seen them recently.

Not complaining, just thought this would be a nice little break from, "this is the best breakfast show ever"

and Leith, you\'re right, there is always the next show...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 05:10:53 pm »
completely agree with spacey here.. it may sound insane to say that this show lacked energy, with songs like DMB, TONT, DB, and MV on the setlist, but i felt it just wasn\'t there.. maybe because of the enormous room that hardly had any people in it, and the fact that after a few cheers, there was DEAD silence in between songs... you could actually hear yourself breathe.. while ellis made good with what he had, they were only dark reds and blues, which i think also contributed to the energy level being low..

just a weird, weird show.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 05:23:19 pm »
At times(IMO)the show picked up, it just didn\'t stay there. The energy was lost as fast as it came out. The lights had there momments to but Ellis did a great jod with what he had.......

In any event it was good to see the b\'fast fam.       ......till next time, peace
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 05:23:36 pm »
Highlights

The sound was excellent. The setup was perfect. each memeber had the space for their rigs and the whole band was "in frame" with ron all the way left, adrian just to the right of ron, Tim center and Jordan to the right.

I think the recording is great tracking it now.

Show was weird as it was basically a dry show. I enjoyed kicking back and taking it all in but not your typical B-FAst show

SAVE IS THE MAN THO. Tim needs to stop stepping all over his sweet baselines ;)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 05:24:46 pm »
TPalms = perpetual bassline stepper....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 05:28:28 pm »
highlight: tim on drums, already possibly looking the goofiest i\'ve ever seen him, reaching back for the mic to sing at the end of VT Song, getting tangled up in the stand, fighting it off, and knocking it to the ground. :lol::thumbsup: