Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-11-12 - Iowa City Yacht Club; Iowa City, IA  (Read 9924 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 2005-11-12 - Iowa City Yacht Club; Iowa City, IA
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 01:29:13 am »
Quote from: Gordo
you shoulda seen the chick to chick action at Wisconsin.. i had the view from behind the stage and these girls were gazing at him, getting seriously moistened, and then decided to get sexually explicit during Gladys and Buquebus. it was HOT.

wettin\' em one state at a time....go Breakfast!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FindYourself...

• ...aCitytoLiveIn
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 08:01:27 am »
girl on girl action at breakfast shows is becoming the norm huh?

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:59 am »
Kate\'s obligatory post:

Taped?
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 09:51:15 am »
Quote from: Gordo
you shoulda seen the chick to chick action at Wisconsin.. i had the view from behind the stage and these girls were gazing at him, getting seriously moistened, and then decided to get sexually explicit during Gladys and Buquebus. it was HOT.

Quote from: kyndkate
Kate\'s obligatory post:

Taped?

check out kate.....looking for the video  ;)

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 10:00:14 am »
Kate\'s obligatory post:

Taped?
check out kate.....looking for the video

Taped? Yes, but only audio (sorry kate :)) I\'m sure if you listen closely you can hear moaning though.

This weekend blew my mind! Seeing The Breakfast one weekend out of every six months is like watching a child grow. Leaps and bounds my friends, leaps and bounds.
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 10:04:34 am »
the second set looks like pure energy.
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 10:30:15 am »
welcome manatwo34! glad you had a good time. Looks like a killer setlist to be drawn in with. I want to hear that rufus. The jam must have been pretty intense to segway thunderstruck.

Given this was a short tour, it looks like it was a great success. Bravo to everyone involved!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 11:33:57 am »
Hot chicks making out during Buquebus just made me moist.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 01:43:20 pm »
iowa city is hands down one of the coolest places i have been to.  such a chill place.  i have friends there which made it 10 times better.  this show was not as good as the night before, but to argue with Gordo, it was definetly right up there.  psygn is getting almost too ridiculous.  mooboo\'s in the first set ??  i had been waiting all 4 nights to hear rufus, and to be the last song of the tour was something special.  it was awesome chilling with gordo, one awesome guy.  seeing people traveling from show to show was really exciting.  walking around these towns seeing breakfast posters and flyers everywhere rocked.  the people out there can not wait for another run, and neither can I
*Gia*

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 01:49:53 pm »
" seeing people traveling from show to show was really exciting. walking around these towns seeing breakfast posters and flyers everywhere rocked. the people out there can not wait for another run, "

Now THATS what we wanted to hear!

Sex Rodriguez

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 03:35:33 pm »
" seeing people traveling from show to show was really exciting. walking around these towns seeing breakfast posters and flyers everywhere rocked. the people out there can not wait for another run, "

My buddy Chris was responsible for all of the promotion.  We opened up for The Breakfast on Saturday and had a fuckin blast.  These guys are talented!  Also a group of cool, humble dudes.  I\'m looking forward to this torrent being posted.

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 03:58:44 pm »
My buddy Chris was responsible for all of the promotion. We opened up for The Breakfast on Saturday and had a fuckin blast. These guys are talented! Also a group of cool, humble dudes. I\'m looking forward to this torrent being posted.

Near all the promos, I busted ass making sure flyers hit town like wild fire the weekend prior... but I can\'t argue, Chris did book the show. By the way, Buddha blew me away Saturday as well, I hadn\'t seen you guys play for a few months now and it was a killer awakening! Way to go... plus now you can say you opened for the sickest band ever.  Welcome to the Forum, hope to see a few more posts from ya in the future.
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

Sex Rodriguez

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 06:57:04 pm »
Buddha blew me away Saturday as well, I hadn\'t seen you guys play for a few months now and it was a killer awakening! Way to go... plus now you can say you opened for the sickest band ever.

Thanks man --- appreciate the kind words.  I\'ve been playin w/chris since highschool and we\'re just starting to get this band thing really moving...Some of us are finishing up school and whatnot, so the songwriting process is slow.

I think after Sat I\'m a new fan of the breakfast.  I\'d seen them once before this summer, but I think I "got it" this weekend.  Whats your name, by the way, I probably talked to you

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 07:18:18 pm »
hey rodriguez, im in the chicago area.. i missed you guys on saturday due to napping after a long friday and long drive saturday. i saw you guys put something like "hard-driving reggae funk" or something on flyers, i definitely need to hit up a show. point me in the direction of your website.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Sex Rodriguez

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 07:20:27 pm »
Gordo - Website is in the making right now.  We\'re trying to gather enough live recordings, pics, press kit etc before we get it up running.  We only have a few dates up on jambase right now.

Tyler - Reclining Buddha