Author Topic: 11-11-05 The Slip @ Somerville Theater Mass  (Read 721 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
11-11-05 The Slip @ Somerville Theater Mass
« on: November 13, 2005, 09:39:14 pm »
I thought it was the first non-breakfast show i have seen since the Camden 04 Phish show, but it was the second non-breakfast show i have seen in over a year....

The Somerville Theater is a cool ass venue and it doesnt even sell beer or booze.  It\'s like a tiny Palace Theater but cooler.

The Slip put on an amazing performance.  Mostly just swaying grooves, but at times they rocked out nicely.  The highlight for me was the Modern Love encore which was slowed down and spaced a bit out.....and hangin out at Wolfy\'s latenight......

Ser weekend indeed......
Timmy Tour Continues....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:45:03 pm »
im a big fan of The Slip. especially Andrew and Marc, theyre both sick. have you ever seen Surprise Me Mr. Davis? they got nathan moore with em as the front man, i highly recommend catching one of those shows. i think theyre better as Surprise Me cause you dont have to listen to brad barr\'s sub-par voice or non-stop space effects in potentially solid jams. the slip is a total hit or miss band, but when they hit i love them.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 09:47:30 pm »
Their talent was obvious....however i kept thinking to myself that timmy and adrian\'s drum & guitar blows them off the stage....still enjoyed the shit out of the show and the night.....
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:49:34 pm »
The Slip is a band I haven\'t heard much about since 99/2000.  Are there any tracks that I should download (that aren\'t too wimpy?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:50:18 pm »
well that goes without saying.. please point me in the direction of two that superceed the talent of tim and adrian.. ill start hounding their boards and downloading everything.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 09:51:58 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
The Slip is a band I haven\'t heard much about since 99/2000.  Are there any tracks that I should download (that aren\'t too wimpy?

They played a couple of rocking ass jams and a couple of real loud and spacey jams....even the wimpy songs were cool in my opinon....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 09:54:08 pm »

you should buy from the gecko, great album. much jazzier than they are now though. some good tracks arent \'wimpy\' --"Song", "Moral Decay", "Mudslide", "Get Me With Fuji"

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:59:51 pm »
Quote from: Gordo

you should buy from the gecko, great album. much jazzier than they are now though. some good tracks arent \'wimpy\' --"Song", "Moral Decay", "Mudslide", "Get Me With Fuji"

no, no, no - I shouldn\'t buy anything.  I\'ll download it.  I\'ve added a couple thousand kick ass tracks of all genres to my music collection over the last half year.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 09:10:43 am »
im a big fan of The Slip. especially Andrew and Marc, theyre both sick. have you ever seen Surprise Me Mr. Davis? they got nathan moore with em as the front man, i highly recommend catching one of those shows. i think theyre better as Surprise Me cause you dont have to listen to brad barr\'s sub-par voice or non-stop space effects in potentially solid jams. the slip is a total hit or miss band, but when they hit i love them.

i caught this combo maybe a year or so ago, and i wasn\'t as impressed. what i like about the slip is not knowing what to expect when i see them... with nathan moore it was totally predictable and a little bit dry, not as much movin around as i wanted... i guess i made the mistake of going into the show with particular assumptions on what it was going to be like, so i was a bit disappointed....

either way this show was really fun and it was a great time. somerville theater is a great venue... thanks to wolfy for the awesome latenight spot.... :D
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 05:07:16 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian

i caught this combo maybe a year or so ago, and i wasn\'t as impressed. what i like about the slip is not knowing what to expect when i see them... with nathan moore it was totally predictable and a little bit dry, not as much movin around as i wanted... i guess i made the mistake of going into the show with particular assumptions on what it was going to be like, so i was a bit disappointed....

either way this show was really fun and it was a great time. somerville theater is a great venue... thanks to wolfy for the awesome latenight spot.... :D

i feel ya.. i guess im a little partial because ive only seen them twice -- both times at High Sierra and those shows were better, im sure, than a normal night. first time nathan moore was tripping, he told everyone right off the bat too, told a bunch of hilarious stories, and even invited the crowd up on stage for the last song. the music was solid and the atmosphere was amazing. this past summer he got arrested on the way to HSMF, missed the first two nights b/c of jail time, and showed up sunday for two sets in the vaudeville tent. they were all in great spirits, and he told the entire story of his arrest and jail-time inbetween each song. even performed a song that he wrote the day before in jail with other behind-bar-buddies. i just like him as a front man way more than brad, but i definitely see what youre saying.. the slip spaces out a ton and you definitely dont know where theyre going.