Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-11-11 - University Of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI  (Read 10554 times)

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Setlist: 2005-11-11 - University Of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 09:29:44 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

II: Vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Drum Solo, The Grand Scheme Of Things

E: Rockin\' In The Free World**

* inverted.
** Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.

Thanks to audiofile for the setlist!

Like my avatar says. Owned Owned Owned
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 11:17:19 pm »
I\'m kinda bummed that I didn\'t make the drive to Iowa City tonight :(  It is so shitty here, I swear it was hailing earlier and there are tornado watches the whole route for me to get there, and a few touchdowns in Iowa.  Sitting at home is definitely not my thing, so this really sucks!!!  I\'m guessing that I\'m going to miss Rufus and Mooboo\'s tonight, but a solo trek in dismal weather discouraged me.  weak, I know.  My gal Rachel may be calling me during the show, so that will be nice :)  

as for a review...I suck at them!  But, I had a freakin\' blast last night.  My friend Tammy and I really hope that they can come back and play here again.  I almost had her in the van w/ me for tonight...she saw them w. me in Utica, but paid more attention last night (as best she could being pretty wasted) and was really diggin\' it...she told the band she loved them and wanted to see them tonight, but I think Timmy kicked her ass around last night, and she decided to bail on me after waking up in pretty rough shape.  Good job, guys!!

the jam into What the Funk was great!  See the Light was ok, that was the only song that I think lost a few folks.  The Tribal Funk Affliction/Shakedown combo in the first set was rockin\' and fired everyone up.  The vocals were much improved over the Chicago show, but not directly in front of the stage...maybe a vocal speaker faced that direction or something could be considered.  The whole second set was a fun dance party!  Gladys is a great song...and I enjoyed Buquebus as well, although I continually pronounce the name wrong and people laugh at me.  I was glad to hear Grand Scheme, esp. since I had thought they played it in Minneapolis and wouldn\'t get to hear it...bezerker told me they didn\'t though...I think I got Great Big Firey Ball confused since both song names are a mouthful.  Timmy can hold his own on drums and Adrian has a great voice when singing Free World - that was a treat.  

Decent crowd size I\'d say for what bands get on campus.  Gordo and I estimated ~150-200 in the place, with a solid 50 or so throwing down...I know our crew was groovin\'.  I had a great time meeting the Chicago SER fans Nick, Dario and Mike in Chicago and partying in Madison...glad we could provide them a place to sleep instead of their car, or wherever they may have ended up - an alley somewhere perhaps.  

oh yeah...there was 1 taper there perhaps?  I really wasn\'t looking but my friend said he remembered seeing a rig, but doesn\'t really know what the set-up was.

all in all, I\'d say we very much enjoyed the Breakfast in this little part of the nation...
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2005, 11:30:44 pm »
Quote from: GSphan
Decent crowd size I\'d say for what bands get on campus.  Gordo and I estimated ~150-200 in the place, with a solid 50 or so throwing down...I know our crew was groovin\'.  .

Pretty darn good for a Breakfast show in the midwest.  Actually, I believe the Webster show prior to FF7 had approx. the same attendance.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 12:07:37 am »
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 01:48:29 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Decent crowd size I\'d say for what bands get on campus.  Gordo and I estimated ~150-200 in the place, with a solid 50 or so throwing down...I know our crew was groovin\'.  .

Pretty darn good for a Breakfast show in the midwest.  Actually, I believe the Webster show prior to FF7 had approx. the same attendance.

what the hell would you know?  you weren\'t even there...

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 01:57:10 am »
:( I\'m so depressed I missed these shows, you have no idea. I feel like such a horrible fan.
That just means I\'m going to make it to CT next semester.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 02:39:54 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: alexanderzurflu

what the hell would you know?  you weren\'t even there...

When one reads threads in the FFT forum, one has a reasonable idea of what went down.  

150-200 rivals most hometown shows, therefore attendance is pretty darn good, son.

By the way, don\'t you have some hardwood floors to install?   ;)

I swear it was hailing earlier and there are tornado watches the whole route for me to get there, and a few touchdowns in Iowa.

The Breakfast has endured a crashed up van and several rounds of stolen equipment, lets hope they didn\'t get caught up in the tornadoes.

Quote from: kyndkate
:( I\'m so depressed I missed these shows, you have no idea. I feel like such a horrible fan.
That just means I\'m going to make it to CT next semester.

Why wait, UAC is right around the corner.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
I\'m still wet from this... really
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 04:14:20 pm »
I: Episode 1 (Happy) > Dig, jam > What The Funk, See The Light* > Inner Glimpse, Tribal Funk Affliction > Shakedown Street > Tribal Funk Affliction

II: Vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Drum Solo, The Grand Scheme Of Things

E: Rockin\' In The Free World**

* inverted.
** Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.

I\'m sure gordo and GSphan will rave about this show when they get a chance, but until then I\'ll write a short little something... (never mind, 20+ posts have been added - next time I\'ll read page two before submitting my response - oops)

Unbefrouckinlievable!!! The best show I\'ve ever seen them play, bar none!

Few things:
• ~ 200 in attendance!
• LOUD AS HELL! (to over power all the yippin and a hollerin)
• Perfect venue
• Solid psychodelic jams all night - "II: Vocal jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Buquebus > Drum Solo, The Grand Scheme Of Things" - Yeah, this says it ^  :bowdown:

Anytime you hear eppi 1 kick off the first set you know you\'ll be in for a treat. Played beautifully without slipping on one note. This is my favorite little ditty they do and I\'m still carrying a huge smile from that moment!!
the trans into Dig couldn\'t have been pulled off better. This gave alittle bounce to the crowd after a short composition (happy) letting them know some dancing will be in order this show. The song ended just in time for everyone to go nuts. I remember thinking they could have stopped playing for the night at this point and everyone was so stunned that we all wouldn\'t have even known they played only two songs.

The jam into What the FUnk was Sick! And the song held amazing jams between, but an inverted STL and a sandwich with Tribal and Shakedown had everyone on the bar grooven. See the Light has been way high on my list of PB songs for awhile and managed to still move up yet another step after Madison! I felt I had died and gone to heaven.

The second set was untouchable! this will become a staple show for amazing sets for all eternity.  Once the vocal jam hit I knew there was a superfly in the air.

huh, Creative? Different? I would say so.

I looked down for a moment and thought I heard the instruments kick in... no, still the vocal jam. This shit was intense, and the shout out to cheese curds was a must.

I have begged to hear Gladys my last few shows and flipped a cap when they busted into it from superfly. Two killer songs back to back makes you question the rest of the set, but it didn\'t stop there. The jammed the hell out of Gladys and broke into Buquebus! You could spot the heads at this point cause they were going nuts! Shit the whole place was ready to loose themselves. Well done guys! Adrian blew it up on the drums to finish the jam and after taking a second to breath they bust out The Grand Scheme Of Things. I ser felt like I was watching Phish shred Utah with dark side of the moon. This was a moment that I didn\'t see being possible.

Coming back with an encore we see Tim grab drums and Adrian pick up the guitar. Personally I\'ve never seen them switch it up except when Adrian had picked his flattop and played some acoustic jams in 2003.

HE TEARS IT UP! Killer solo for rockin in a freeworld and when the last note hit the air, the whole crowd imploded. THe end

Great show, and just the thing to warm the blood befor rockin the dance floor in Iowa... which you\'ll hear about later.

oh yeah...there was 1 taper there perhaps? I really wasn\'t looking but my friend said he remembered seeing a rig, but doesn\'t really know what the set-up was.
One more note, their were two tapers in Wisco and one in IC.

And the worst weather I\'ve ever had to drive through getting from Madison to IC. I felt I was driving through Niagara falls
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 04:08:52 pm by shadygroove »
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 04:35:47 pm »
so how was Iowa City compared to Madison?  What\'d they play?

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 04:44:02 pm »
Quote from: shadygroove
And the worst weather I\'ve ever had to drive through getting from Madison to IC. I felt I was driving through Niagara falls

that\'s why I wussed out - that shit was wild just getting around town!  

I look forward to hearing this show again...good times!

shadygroove

• Local Bohemean
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 06:13:35 pm »
so how was Iowa City compared to Madison? What\'d they play?
Madison was a killer show when it comes to major compositions. But Tim, Adrian, Ron, and Jorden couldn\'t even get over how well they played in Iowa! When Tim stepped down from the stay he looked like he had seen God. As if had been possessed by the Tim Palmieri of 2050! Can\'t recall the entire set list, but off the top of my head I know they played Beauty Sleep (with a sweet intro jam), Rufus, Puppetry, the chase, Karn evil 9, the vermont song, a drum solo somewhere in there and a ton others.

that\'s why I wussed out

I was wondering if you were anywhere to be found, sorry you didn\'t make it. I\'ve never seen such energy on the dance floor. Iowa was a swell time.

From what I hear they\'re may be another run passing through in a few months. (Please God)

• Oops, just remembered. They rocked Psygn and HLH as well
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:36:42 pm by shadygroove »
Plant yourself in the minds of others so you may grow in them as you do yourself.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 06:16:55 pm »
sounds ser...maybe a road trip can be organized for the next midwest tour. i have always been fascinated by tornadoes and other natural disaster occurences...i would be so down to do a run through that part of the country.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 06:23:43 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
sounds ser...maybe a road trip can be organized for the next midwest tour. i have always been fascinated by tornadoes and other natural disaster occurences...i would be so down to do a run through that part of the country.

oh man, how great would that be if a bunch of us rented a van or something and did the whole run w/ the band.  the possibilities of such a trip are frightening.  i\'d be down.

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 06:30:57 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
the possibilities of such a trip are frightening.  i\'d be down.

:that:

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 08:21:25 pm »
I\'d def. be down...LET"S DO IT!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.