Author Topic: Did anyone else feel "uncomfortable"  (Read 4260 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Did anyone else feel "uncomfortable" (webster security) [MERGED]
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 11:46:10 am »
what i find half sad/half humorous is that their singer is now a junkie.
Postcount +1.

OrganicNugz

Webster Theatre...
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 12:04:23 pm »
my $.02

The Webster Theatre is pretty heavy on security, but they are in the ghetto and focus on a lot of hardcore music... but please note: they were out there watching your cars like hawks too to make sure nothing happened to them. That\'s what I noticed when I left...also, the sound there isn\'t the best at times...sounds a lot better with a full audience ( and it holds a lot) for The Breafast show it was only 1/4 - 1/3 capactity...there was about 300 people there.

Personally I prefer Toad\'s for sound and vibe. But Webster is THE only place in the Hartford area to see big acts...I have seen a lot of shows there and although they jammed Saturday, the sound wasn\'t that good imo (sorry Josh). It\'s a tough room to mix for...

Last year the NYE show at Toad\'s was cool and it was neat to see the old CT Jam band masters with the new ones...

YoMa

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 12:24:35 pm »
.[/QUOTE]
:tool:
No offense YoMa, but you\'re lucky that you were just forced out the door & not locked up... it\'s kids like u who give this band a bad rep.
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley
I\'ve never seen security hassle anybody for no reason.  Maybe they hassle people for stuff that you can get away with elsewhere, but not for no reason at all.  I\'ve actually never witnessed security being jerks anywhere (though I\'m sure it happens).  They\'re just doing their jobs.  If you want to do something illegal, you\'re taking a risk.

first of all...what REP do you speak of?? in comparison to such fanbases as say, the biscuits, the breakfast fans are complete angles..last time i checked, i didn\'t see any pharmie slinging wookies running around grabbing girls titties at breakfast shows(i\'ve seen in happen dozens of times elsewhere).

secondly, if you had fuckin read my post and used just one 1 millionth of your brain, you could have come to the assumption that i had no intentions of even smoking! (which was the case believe it or not)..you call ME a tool? you automatically label me as some degenerate who was only at the show to get high and cause trouble. next time you decide to call someone a tool because they were unfortunately thrown out of a show that they were throroughly enjoying (for the music), you can eat a bag of dicks.

you say no offense and then call me a tool?? you sir, are the tool.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:29:44 pm by YoMa »

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 12:35:56 pm »
aright, listen.  everyone cool it.  i\'m sure this boils down to misunderstanding and miscommunication so lets give our mouths (er... fingers) a rest, ok?  there is no need to say such nasty stuff.  its just unnecessary, you can get your ideas across without being overtly meanspirited, so lets practice that, alright?
Postcount +1.

YoMa

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 12:42:17 pm »
fair enough, cobb. sorry you had to see that, but after missing a show like sat. night i\'m not about to take a**hole comments lightly along with the fact that i really wasn\'t doing anything wrong at the show in the first place. i will definitaly try harder next time.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 12:47:08 pm »
Yoma, I know you\'re upset about getting kicked out.  It can be an incredibly angering experience, no doubt.  But calm down.  This was just a comment that came out the wrong way.  This issue has already been put to bed.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 12:50:42 pm »
besides the fact if your gonna get kicked out might as well be at very end than the very beginging.....right?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 12:51:17 pm »
yeah totally, robyn must have misunderstood you, she\'s a rad gal.  trust me.
Postcount +1.

YoMa

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2005, 12:54:52 pm »
no problem. but i\'m not going to let anyone call me a tool without hearing back from me. its the way i\'ve been brought up, i guess. not looking to start fisticuffs with the guy, but i felt i needed to come back with something for my own sake.

sorry..im not a psycho. i\'m new here and everyone i\'ve talked to on here thus far have been really cool. i just didn\'t want to come across as some wook that\'s ruining the scene as he put it.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2005, 12:58:51 pm »
^^just so you know FreeSpirit is a girl, Robyn
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 01:02:33 pm »
nah man, like i said robyn must have misunderstood you somehow.  no one thinks you\'re ruining the scene, and i dont expect you to just take flack, but you can defend yourself without getting really nasty back.  everything is good.
Postcount +1.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 01:33:01 pm »
The Breakfast Rules!

The Webster Drools!

Sorry to say but after Sat night\'s experience, we will not be checking in for voluntary incarceration for NYE. Just not the atmosphere we are looking for.  For us and many others to be treated the way we were is inexcusable.  This makes me very sad, because there is nothing I would rather be doing than hanging with the band and you all.

And the sound of the place makes it an easy decision, hell, it\'s not like you are really experiencing a concert anyways. Oh well.

Kudos to the boys for kicking major ass Saturday, despite all the bullshit.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 01:42:09 pm »
I didn\'t find anything bad except for the fact i couldn\'t really hear the vocals.... umm more vocals some how.. please. other than that the sound wasn\'t bad, i had no problems getting in, light patting but nothing bad. heavy security presence and the fact they wouldn\'t let me drop my poster and t-shirts in my car kinda sucked but all in all I\'ll give the whole show experience a B+.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

YoMa

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2005, 01:53:41 pm »
yeah i hear that mark. i think i\'ll be heading into New York now.

totally agree with the vocal problems. and plus i want..no...need to be at place with a better bar atmosphere, because come on, its new years. the beer at the webster tasted like i was licking a coin.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2005, 01:57:51 pm »
$6.50 for a guiness too, (I wouldn\'t know but that\'s what fred told me) you should have heard him tell the female bartender that she had balls like watermelons after that

BFast is like heroin to me I know the webster sux, if it was anyone else I wouldn\'t be there but they could play in a hole in the ground (which would prob have better sound) and I would be there they could open for NSync and I would be there