Author Topic: 10-19-05 Tim Richter\'s  (Read 3467 times)

TerryOB

• http://
10-19-05 Tim Richter\'s
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:40:40 am »
where\'s the setlist, bitches?!?!?!?

the two hours of zzzzzzz\'s i got this morning made me feel like a million bucks today compared to getting no sleep at all last Wednesday night.

next week i am going to shoot for three hours sleep.  someday i\'ll get this balancing act right.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Setlist: 10-19-05 Solo Timmy @ Richter\'s
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:05:55 am »
Quote from: TerryOB
next week i am going to shoot for three hours sleep.  someday i\'ll get this balancing act right.

3 hours is where its at... got to sleep around 4:15 this morning and was able to be up and kickin\' by 7:30 ... even managed to stay awake for pharmacokinetics at 8am! in your face black thursday!!!! ;)

food for thought: the average sleep cycle is ~45 minutes, so as long as you stick to that interval, you should feel rested....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

TerryOB

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:33:04 am »
pharmacokinetics?

i\'d like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 09:35:48 am »
You peeps need to stop complaining of the lack of sleep and the blackness of the Thursday. You know full well what you are getting yourself into.

I myself, take the bitching out route and never show up. This week I had a good excuse.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 10:32:49 am »
1: Walk On The Wild Side, Voodoo Child > Cry Baby Cry > Voodoo Child, Suspicious Minds, Question Mark And The Mind, I Saw The Light, Aja(1), Richters Jam #1 > 8 Miles High > Dont Think Twice Its Alright, Under The Bridge(2), I\'m So Tired > Mikes Song > Psygn, Hey Hey What Can I Do

2: 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Sunshine Superman, Man In Me, SWLABR > Alive > SWLABR, Bell Bottom Blues, Hits From The Bong(3), Cities, Alabama Song, Mother Natures Son, Kodachrome

1- w/ Imperial March
2- w/ HLH tease
3- w/ TPalms Digital Underground rap

Yet another stellar Wednesday night....
It was great to hear 50 Ways, Sunshine Superman, Man In Me, and SWLABR.  I feel like I havent heard those tunes in a while and they were AMAZING with the Boomerang.....

4am diner run was pretty funny....  Watching timmy scarf down eggs, french fries, bacon, and chicken tenders = HIGHlarious

well there you got Terry and the rest of you Timmy Tourers....Time to go spin some za....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 10:34:55 am »
were the songs he played to end both sets first timers ??
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:42 am »
Quote from: bezerker
were the songs he played to end both sets first timers ??

I think so, never heard them before

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 03:02:12 pm »
its pretty amazing how the boomerang has changed timmy shows entirely. carla and i were discussing this somewhere during the SWLABR > Alive > SWLABR jam last night... how timmy just goes off on his little jams with himself, and sorta takes us all there with him. when it was just him up there, without the pedal, it was this totally raw type of jam... and now its becoming more and more refined with the addition of a rhythm guitar... but its not like it doesnt grab you in the same way anymore, it just allows you to sort of space out and talk with everyone or whatever, while timmy does his thing. its a nice balance; and excellent new dynamic that has absolutely revolutionized timmy tour as i see it. its funny to look back on setlists from a few months ago before the boomerang....they are so insanely long... that pedal alone has allowed for less songs at each show...  (so poor bezerker doesn\'t have to sit through kodachrome and 50 ways every damn week ;) )... we might sacrifice quantity, but we have gained quality. excellent :D

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 03:07:55 pm »
^^^^^  i absolutely love the boomerang !!! it makes timmy tour at least twice as good.   i love when he busts it out at breakfast shows too.  makes things reeeeeeaaal interesting
*Gia*

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 03:27:38 pm »
I would trade the boomerang jams in a second to have Timmy Tour back at 232 like the Good Ol\' Days.

Still, Princess, that is a very valid point and something i had been noticing.  There is a new freshness to setlists due to the fact songs are varied from week to week.  Songs are definitely longer and differ in versions(for the most part).  For example, take a song such as "Today was a Good Day".  Prior to the Boomerang pedal, this song was just a funny little wrinkle in TT sets, a way to get a few laughs and keep "outsiders" listening in between monster solos and \'wichs.  Now, there are reputable, if not profound jams found in this song.  
     I love the fact that TT is evolving over time, but let us not forget those bygone evenings on Wooster St. that has led to this juggernaut that is Timmy Tour.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 03:43:52 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
I would trade the boomerang jams in a second to have Timmy Tour back at 232 like the Good Ol\' Days.

I love the fact that TT is evolving over time, but let us not forget those bygone evenings on Wooster St. that has led to this juggernaut that is Timmy Tour.

thats what its all about walsh!!!! remembering what it was like, embracing what its become -- thats the beauty of an ever-evolving musical experience that timmy enlightens us with each week !!! it wouldnt be what it is now without the 232 days... and i am glad i came on board in time to catch numerous richters shows before the boomerang... only now can i appreciate the "old" days ;)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 03:50:03 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian

thats what its all about walsh!!!! remembering what it was like, embracing what its become -- thats the beauty of an ever-evolving musical experience that timmy enlightens us with each week !!! it wouldnt be what it is now without the 232 days... and i am glad i came on board in time to catch numerous richters shows before the boomerang... only now can i appreciate the "old" days ;)

way to teach\'em Princess!!  

Quit yer belly achin\' WALSH!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 04:07:21 pm »
Close the yearbook, Walsh ;)

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 04:26:32 pm »
No belly aching going on at all.  If only people would read the entire post...I was obviously being a tad bit overdramatic, it was a segue into my thought.  Contrary to popular belief, a segue is not only a musical tool used by stinky hippies.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 04:46:12 pm »
No belly aching going on at all.  If only people would read the entire post...

agreed.. christ, walsh didn\'t even :gasp: once in that post! ;)