Author Topic: so it returns...  (Read 3116 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
so it returns...
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 09:23:56 am »
So a couple of things that I would like to have your input on.

Since myspace is really an advertisment of the band on the intrawebs, I feel we need to capture their true essence. I plan on changing the songs on the site and putting in some more photos. I think that live performances of songs are the way to go at the moment.

I just uploaded the Doughboy from 8/20/2005. There is Sleeping Beauty, Inner Glimpse and Earache My Eye (from the RR sampler) on the site now. Any recommendations on what should be up there? Files have to be mp3, so they most likely will come from the archive and can\'t be too long or so I think, which leaves out monster epic versions of songs. So any ideas?

Also,

To the photographers out there, maybe you can send me a few jpeg or gif files no larger then 600k of your favorite shots. That would be super.

I plan on changing songs and photos often. Hopefully, if people like what they hear they will search for the entire show, visit this site or the bands site.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
so it returns...
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 09:47:07 am »
Quote from: Spacey
Hopefully, if people like what they hear they will search for the entire show, visit this site or the bands site.

how bout a link to .info?

also, i know this is more of an official band issue, but the \'band bio\' is dated and definitely needs updating..

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
so it returns...
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 11:13:14 am »
anything i have in the gallery is free just let me know, compression and conversion is quick and easy.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
so it returns...
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 11:19:21 am »
I have definitely been pondering what to do with the band bio section. I do have full power to do as I please in certain perimeters.

I plan on adding a link to .info, I just need to find a proper space that will be in full view and get the most attention.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
so it returns...
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2005, 01:03:28 pm »
I am still working on making the page completely custom and unique.

I have added some photos to the photo section. Photographers if you want me to put up a picture it needs to be in a JPEG format, email me at Spacefunk2001@gmail.com. I will be more then happy to put any picture up there. I plan on updating it regularly.

I have changed the songs all the songs to live versions. This will also change and be fresh all the time. If you have any suggestions to what songs should be showcased or a certain version, let me know. Here is what is posted.

Doughboy - August 20, 2005
Fresh Cut - May 27, 2005
What The Funk - April 29, 2005
Dimension 5 - October 15, 2005

These all have photos to accompany them too.

The friends list continues to grow each day. Emails come in every day. Positive things are being said. Some offers to play a large traveling festival have come in.

Please, if you have a myspace account, know someone who does, have them add us as a friend and put us in the top 8. Some famous friends we know have are Dane Cook and Trey Anastasio.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
so it returns...
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2005, 04:04:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Some famous friends we know have are Dane Cook and Trey Anastasio.

hmmm.... really? or just some kids who are using those names?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
so it returns...
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2005, 04:32:38 pm »
I\'ve wondered the same thing? i don\'t know if someone could obtain rights to do that for someone?
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
so it returns...
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2005, 08:52:18 am »
For cryin out loud it\'s not Trey.  I think he has like 12 profiles on freindster.  It\'s just other people who set up these profiles for fun.  Actually, profiles for things like celebrities or the Red Sox or Framingham High School or bands are good for connecting people with similar interests or history and are often very popular.  I set one up for my old dorm at friendster.  There\'s probably a billion kids who are friends with that Trey profile, so if whoever is running it puts us in the top 8, that will be kickass.      

Spacey, as far as songs go, I\'d recommend that earache my eye has to go.  Anything off of Bona Fide is a good bet for you since they\'re solid versions of originals played live and jammed out somewhat but not too much.  Hardluck Harry is one of the band\'s most marketable songs.  It walks the line between catchy/poppy and jammy/progressive very nicely.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:56:33 am by Wolfman »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
so it returns...
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2005, 10:34:07 am »
Actually, Dane Cook is legit. It is a way for him to advertise himself and get his name out there for many people. Same with Trey. It is just another way to for them to advertise his new album and get out of the jamband spectrum of people. Trey\'s doesn\'t have nearly as many as friends as Dane Cook does. If you look at the 2 sites you can tell they are legit.

Now, is Trey and Dane really updating this? Are the Breakfast really updating theirs?

The point here is, people are checking out those peoples sites. The whole idea behind myspace is popularity. Sort of a game. The more friends you have the more people know about you. What better way then to get on famous peoples list, whether legit or not.

Trey Anastasio

Dane Cook

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
so it returns...
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2005, 08:33:11 am »
The internet sure is some crazy shit.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
so it returns...
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 10:50:51 am »
wait.what?
Postcount +1.

Mamalakabubadaya

so it returns...
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 03:15:30 pm »
the breakfast\'s page on myspace.com is really heating up...up to 520 members at this very moment. jeff and i decided we are going to add as many people as possible that go to school in chicago/minneapolis/madison/iowa city before sending out a bulletin to all members about the midwest tour. i want to stress (i know, again) that anyone who has a myspace.com account puts the breakfast in their top8-people will see them on your page even if they don\'t know about the band/didn\'t know they were on myspace. DO IT.

davepeck

• Administrator
so it returns...
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 04:03:57 pm »
520. that\'s heady.

i think a link to .info would be sweet on there.

Mamalakabubadaya

so it returns...
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2005, 07:04:18 pm »
dave if i had any idea how to add the hyperlink i would..it\'s being worked on :)
btw/send me that html code stuff and i\'ll try it again.